May 2021 Moms
Options

*ama/high risk pregnancy check-in* week of 10/27

Hello everyone! Last week of October!

How far along are you?

Any updates/changes/new concerns regarding your pregnancy?

@ruby0902
@mck3888
@yellingbanana
@mimser
@queen_frostine
@samd6
@dlynn484
@jb3tz
@lilnessi
@mrs_massie
@gusgus14
@ccmrc143

*Loss 8/2014*
*Rainbow 8/2015*
*Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
*Loss of Twin 5/2018*

Re: *ama/high risk pregnancy check-in* week of 10/27

• Options
    How far along are you? 10w6d

Any updates/changes/new concerns regarding your pregnancy? No, updates if any will happen next week and then cerclage, which is coming fast! Right now I'm mostly worried that I won't know what's a normal symptom and what's cause for concern after...Like I'll question every twinge and pull and discharge
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7+4 with the twins today

Any updates/changes/new concerns regarding your pregnancy? I found out early about the twins because i had spotting for a few days two weeks ago. It did stop and they confirmed heartbeats, so i thought we were on the upswing. I started to have some more very light, brown spotting again this week. I dont think its enough to be worried about, but still enough to wonder what is causing the spotting. I have another US on nov 4, so just trying to stay positive till then. The dr. said vanishing twin syndrome risk doesnt go way down until week 14, so thats it the back of my head now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrs_massie I had some spotting myself and it was most likely my cervix being sensitive as we couldn't see any bleeding on the ultrasound. I'm sure with twins your hormones are really increased 🤞
  • Options
    @mimser it happened the first time after i spent the day at the park with my kids and it happened again this time after spending a lot of the day out of the house because we took family photos. I'm not sure what the correlation is, but it seems like any activity I do causes it, which I'm not sure how normal that is. My husband and I have not had any sex in the last 3 weeks because I've been so nervous to irritate anything.
  • Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    edited October 2020
    How far along are you? 12w2d

Any updates/changes/new concerns regarding your pregnancy? Just hanging out waiting for the first trimester to be over.  My next appt and ultrasound is Nov. 23rd, so now we wait.

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mimser What is the date of your cerclage again?
    @mrs_massie Brown spotting is super normal. It sounds like when your active it just sloughs off old blood that was stuck in and around your cervix. I wouldn't worry about it!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t my cerclage is on November 9th 😬 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12+3

Any updates/changes/new concerns regarding your pregnancy? Had my NT scan today and everything looked great! The only bummer is that they burned my ultrasound photos onto a disc instead of printing them and when I got home and opened it on my PC, there were only 3 and she took a ton! I don't know if it didn't burn properly or what but I'm really sad about it because she had gotten some really good ones and I don't have them. I think I'm going to message the office to see if they keep the photos and can burn me a new disc but I'm not sure if they save them or not.
  • Options
    @gusgus14 I only got 3 pics from mine today as well. 
  • Options
    @ec1212 aw man maybe that's all they give but it stinks because that means I only have one of Baby B and it's not a great one. It's not a huge deal, I was just excited to show DH since he didn't get to be there since they aren't allowing guests. I messaged them anyway though. Seems odd that of all the ones she took she only put 3 on the disc.
  • Options
    Today I’m 12 weeks exactly.

My MFM appointment went really well, and so did the scan! Baby is measuring 12+2 with a 171 heartbeat. NT looked normal too, and we’ll get the cell-free dna test back next week. They also didn’t see a detectable subchorionic hematoma! So it must have shrunk between last Wednesday and today, and last week’s spotting was a sign of that. Huge relief! 
  • Options
    @texas_t thanks for the encouragement. I had a bad dream last night that they couldnt find a heartbeat in one of the twins, so I'm trying not to feel to anxious about it.
  • Options
    @gusgus14 I was really regretting DH couldn’t be with me yesterday since it was such a long scan. It def feels more real to him now that we know the gender. I think we will wind up doing an “entertainment” ultrasound in a couple weeks so he can see baby - the place that looks most reputable by me won’t do them before 12 weeks and won’t do 3D until after 20 weeks I think. I just hope Covid levels stay stable long enough for us to get in. We can add on a video if we wait until 16 weeks and could share that with family. 
  • Options
    @ec1212 we did one of those last time around 15 weeks so we could find out the sex early! MFM is letting me do an early a/s at 16 weeks this time though since they have to do a scan anyway so I'm just going to facetime DH. Not ideal and kind of sucks since we likely won't have more kids after this and he's missing out on a lot but we agreed we don't want to spend $150 on an extra scan just so he can be there. Stupid COVID. 
  • Options
    @mrs_massie spotting is also more common with multiples and brown means old so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I totally get that anxiety though! I was so nervous going into my scan yesterday even though I just saw the babies early last week. Hopefully your u/s next week calms your nerves a bit and gives you some reassurance. For what it's worth, neither my OB nor my high risk doctor have even mentioned vanishing twin syndrome.  
  • Options
    @gusgus14 @texas_t

TW
    my bleeding is picking up this morning. Its dark red, but I had to put on a pad
  • Options
    @mrs_massie sending you hugs. I hope you can get into your doctor today to get more information. 
  • Options
    @mrs_massie Have you called your doctor yet, are you able to get in today?

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mrs_massie I’m sorry it’s picked up! I would for sure call your doctor.
  • Options
    @mrs_massie i hope everything is ok! sending lots of hugs and prayers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10w 5d

Any updates/changes/new concerns regarding your pregnancy? No too much going on this week. i have been getting some pains, nothing that i think is serious to the pregnancy but think it may have something to do with adhesions from my previous c-section. If i move, sneeze or stretch the wrong way then i get a shooting pain. I hope it doesnt get worse the bigger i get but will definitely be asking my dr about this at my next appt.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @lilnessi sounds like round ligament pain. I've been having some too, mostly when I sneeze if I'm laying down, but yesterday I got them just turning in bed
  • Options
    @lilnessi Oh yeah, I think they are round ligament pains! They get worse with subsequent pregnancies, too!  Rolling in bed, especially as baby gets bigger, is the worst!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mrs_massie I hope you can get in with your ob today! Praying for you and babies

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    @mrs_massie I hope all is well. I did have some spotting with my 2nd and things turned out fine. I’ll be thinking of you!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

How far along are you? 13+4

Any updates/changes/new concerns regarding your pregnancy? 
    Just had NIPT scam and bloodwork done today. They said the baby looks good and everything is within normal range. It was so cute!! I didn’t get any printed pics because it was at a different office from my regular Ob. Apparently they only do digital pics now, so I’ll get them in a day or two. But they used to print them the last two babies I had! 

Things are looking good, and next appointment is in 3 weeks (16 weeks gestation) for an anatomy scan. They have a policy of only the patient can come in due to covid, so that is a bummer. DH will not be happy. 

• Options
    @mrs_massie That’s amazing!! So glad today is good news and that doc feels good about everything. I hope that gives you peace of mind to make it to your next appointment (and glad it’s so soon). 
  • Options
    @mrs_massie this is such reassuring news!!
  • Options
    @mrs_massie I;m so glad you got some positive news!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    10+5. 

I saw mfm for the first time today. The appointment went well. He wants me to check my blood sugars 4x a day. I’ll do a virtual visit in 2 weeks and in person in a month. He also plans to start me on baby aspirin in 2 weeks to reduce risk of pre e. When my blood sugars start to rise I’ll switch to insulin. Also he told me to get my flu shot ASAP. 12 weeks is an old recommendation and no risk with getting it early. So I told work early for no reason and I’ll tell my boss I want it Monday. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    Hi everyone - catching up! Sorry I have been so MIA, recovering from COVID is no joke.  I was pretty down and out all week but am starting to finally recover. Was ecstatic on the latest updates from @mrs_massie!!

13+3 today, u/s scheduled for Nov. 5th ♡
  • Options
    @mrs_massie that’s great news!!

@ruby0902 I’m SO glad you are feeling better!! I’ve been thinking about you, we were recently exposed and awaiting test results. Covid sucks. 

• Options
    @ruby0902 it's good to hear from you, glad you're feeling better!
  • Options
    @yellingbanana - sorry to hear that 😔 fingers crossed your tests will come back negative! The worst part was the fatigue and also completely losing my sense of taste and smell. They are finally starting to come back (around 20-30% restored today), and I'm appreciating it so much, lol.

Hopefully my little girl has been dancing right through things, totally oblivious to my suffering 😁