Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Second trimester loss anyone?

We just experienced our first loss at 21 weeks I delivered our sweet baby girl March 18th 2020 just 3 weeks before she had a strong heart beat at my midwife appointment. I know losses this late are pretty rare. If you have gone threw this how long did you take before trying again?

Re: Second trimester loss anyone?

• nanampnanamp member
    I just had one. I'm having a D&E tomorrow. 
  • We also lost our daughter at 20 weeks in July. I am so so sorry for the loss of your baby girl. My daughter Eliza had a perfect heartbeat 2 weeks before our anatomy scan and felt her moving the night before we went in and they said she was gone. I feel like if you and your family are ready then go ahead and try. No one will know when the right time is for you and your family but please know you are always supported!!! 

Lots of love and prayers!!

Julia ❤
  • Loading the player...
  • edited November 2020
    Were at 20 weeks and just found out about our loss. This is our second this year (miscarriage in the first trimester). After the first loss we jumped right back in and tried again because we were still so hopeful and excited. I’m not sure when we’ll try again after this second one. I think it has to feel right for you and your family. I started seeing a counselor recently and I think that’s really helped me process both losses and find the space to grieve while still planning a future family. I’m so sorry for everything you’re going through. Feel free to DM me if you need someone to talk to.