June 2021 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in 10/26

How far along are you?
How big is baby?
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: If you could go back in time and do one thing different, what would it be?

Re: FTM Check-in 10/26

• Options
    Hi! Hopeful FTM here, got a long way to go.

How far along are you?
    7w4d

How big is baby?
    A week ago they were about 1/4 inch and 1/3 inch, so I'm guessing a little bigger.

Rants: I've been feeling full all the time from the bloating. But one morning I did so good- I ate yogurt, fruit, even a piece of salmon! Then I had a gastrointestinal event and lost it all before I could absorb the nutrients. 😭

Question: Probably the dumbest question ever, but I dreamed someone punched me in the stomach. It was the cat spring boarding off my lower abdomen. How hard does something have to hit you to be dangerous? 

GTKY: not care so much what people think. 

• Options
    @lizalovespasha At this stage in the game, I think you're fine. The baby is still safely nestled behind your pubic bone, so it really would take a lot for it to be a problem.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5+4

How big is baby? The size of a peppercorn

Rants/Raves: I stopped drinking energy drinks  in January when we started TTGP. I didn’t drink them excessively, just a couple times a week. Now that I struggle to sleep through the night I could really use one! 

Questions: How early did morning sickness start for you? I keep waiting for it to hit me. I feel like with my motion sickness and family history there’s no way I’d be spared from it!

GTKY: If you could go back in time and do one thing different, what would it be? There’s definitely been some difficult times that I’d prefer never to experience again, but I do think they all taught me something. I’d have to say something similar to @lizalovespasha - stop doubting myself and don’t be afraid to speak up!
  • Options
    @gabs90 - I think it varies per person, I read that it’s common around 6 weeks. I’m at 8 weeks and it’s very mild for me. I sometimes feel uneasy but most of the time I feel fine. 

How far along are you? 8+1
    How big is baby? Raspberry
    Rants/Raves: had my first US today and things are going well so I can breathe a bit easier. 
    Questions: None
    GTKY: If you could go back in time and do one thing different, what would it be? I’d tell myself not to be so self conscious. Being super shy in high school, I feel like I missed out on so many extra-curricular activities and fun experiences. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8+2

How big is baby? raspberry

Rants/Raves: I have my first OB appointment tomorrow!  I'm excited but also nervous to see that everything is still going okay since my last ultrasound with my RE.

Questions: None right now

GTKY: If you could go back in time and do one thing different, what would it be? Wow, kind of serious question.  I generally like where my life is at right now so, good or bad, I guess I wouldn't change what got me here.

@gabs90 do you drink coffee?  I've been indulging in just a small cup of black coffee on the really tired days, its well within the recommended limits of caffeine to have an occasional cup and avoids the extra stuff that's in those energy drinks.

I also haven't really gotten much morning sickness, but I keep waiting for it!  Similar to @wendy838 I just occasionally feel a little icky and maybe sometimes a little nauseous.  Fatigue and headaches have been bigger issues for me.

• Options
    @ellieemc26 not a fan of coffee unless it has a lot of milk and sugar. Starbucks mochas are my go-to. I do allow myself a pop (or soda for those not in the Midwest lol) from time to time when I need a pick me up! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6w 4d
    How big is baby? Chocolate chip
    Rants/Raves: Holy smokes may mouth is so dry no matter how much water I drink!
    Questions: At what point can we figure we won't have morning sickness? No real nausea yet.
    GTKY: If you could go back in time and do one thing different, what would it be?
    like @gabs90 , I would stop doubting my abilities so much especially at work.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks

How big is baby? I Googled and it said an appleseed, but that seems kind of big...

Rants/Raves: In the moments before I woke up this morning I remember thinking, "ugh...too much wine last night, don't do that again" before I realized that I clearly did not have anything alcoholic to drink (must have had some in my dreams). Just groggy and super thirsty, which my sleepy brain assumed was a hangover

Questions: none right now

GTKY: If you could go back in time and do one thing different, what would it be? Oof...I don't know. Probably tell myself to relax during harder times (since it all worked out) and enjoy the good times. There were some disagreements a long time ago that I definitely held on to for too long and weren't productive.

@lwags12 My guess would be after 10 weeks or so you'd be safe in assuming that you aren't going to get it. While I will be (hopefully) a FTM this isn't my first pregnancy. My first I barely got any nausea at all, it'd mostly pop up when I got hungry. My second pregnancy was mostly the same, until around 8 weeks when I had terrible nausea for a few days. After that I started taking B6, so any nausea I had was fairly mild. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7+4
    How big is baby? Jelly bean
    Rants/Raves: I just found out I won't have my first ultrasound or hear the heartbeat until I'm about 13 weeks, so I'm bummed about that.
    Questions: none right now
    GTKY: If you could go back in time and do one thing different, what would it be? I'll echo some other posters and say I wish I were more confident and assertive when I was younger.
  • Options
    @gabs90 It’s “pop”!  - Midwest solidarity sister! 
  • Options
    sorry, the GTKY wasn't meant to be a serious question haha I'd totally edit mine and say "I wish I didn't eat that dirty cheeseburger from last night"  :D
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6-7 weeks
    How big is baby? the size of a sweet pea 
    Rants/Raves: I'm raving about the fact that I'm no longer tired AF but I'm ranting about the fact that I am now nauseous AF :( 
    Questions: Nothing at the moment
    GTKY: If you could go back in time and do one thing different, what would it be? I would go back to a few weeks ago and eat everything in sight as everything repulses me now. 
  • Options
    lol @wendy838, I guess I will change mine to I wish I hadn't forgot to order a decaf latte yesterday afternoon because I was up until midnight last night and couldn't figure out why!