Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What is your go-to coffee order?

Re: Week 4+ (May 22-May31) Check-In Week of 10/26

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10+1 (wow time is flying!
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lego man (or woman!)
    Upcoming appointments: thursday!! eeek!
    How are you feeling?: very tired still, and the nausea comes and goes, but i really can't complain
    Rants/Raves: my FIL just tested positive for covid over the weekend.  luckily i havent had any contact.  he had a lingering cough and is actually feeling better, just tired he says.  hes almost 80 so of course the family is monitoring closely, but feeling thankful he seems to be on the mend.
    Questions: i dont get an ultrasound thursday, but they will listen for the heartbeat on doppler (or try).  in anyone's previous experiences, do you think they might actually catch it at 10+wks?
    GTKY: What is your go-to coffee order? well lately its been medium iced half decaf with a drop of milk and one sugar.  typically i dont do decaf but finding that full caff isn't doing much for me these days anyway so cutting it in half just for peace of mind.  for a treat, i love caramel macchiatos or anything with espresso.
  • @asf0613 oh no about your FIL! Glad you weren't exposed, and he's on the mend. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9w4d 

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a bing cherry 

Upcoming appointments: We had our second ultrasound today but since my RE's office outsources the scans to a clinic he's not there to be able to consult right away. The tech wouldn't tell me anything (good or bad), and unlike last time wouldn't let me see the little bub, wouldn't let me hear the HB, and wouldn't give me any info. She made me go sit in the waiting room until she talked to the radiologist, who ended up just telling me to wait to talk to my Dr later this week. So now I'm freaking out worrying something is wrong. Why can't they just tell me?! 

How are you feeling?: Well other than massive amounts of stress from the US today, and because our house flooded on Friday night around 1am, I feel great. Tired, but I think that's because I got like 3 hours of sleep Friday night and have been restless the last 2 nights too. 

Rants/Raves: Rants: see above, lol. Raves: we told the rest of MH's family on Saturday and they all cried with excitement, which felt really, really good. I wanted to let MH be the one to break the news because he's been waiting for this for SO LONG but he chickened out so many times that it took him like 4 hours to work up to it lol. It was adorable, and so worth it for their reactions. 

Questions: All of my questions are for my doctor when he gets the report from the ultrasound clinic. 

GTKY: What is your go-to coffee order? Ooh.... my favourite is McD's coffee, where I'd get a decaf two cream 1 splenda, or if I'm at an actual coffee bar then I usually go with a non-dairy decaf flat white, no foam, with 1 splenda or 1/2 a tsp of honey. I used to love all those fou-fou drinks like PSL but since being dx with PCOS I cut out most added sugars in my diet and now I find them sickly sweet. Sometimes I'll cheat if I'm craving something sweet. I cut out caffeine when I was dx with anxiety and panic-disorder about 5 years ago. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Loading the player...
  • asf0613asf0613 member
    edited October 2020
    @kiki047 WOW i am seriously not loving how that clinic handled everything.  i'd have to imagine if there was something wrong though that they would address it right away with you, because it wouldn't be good practice to let an issue go undiscussed for that long.  either way that's really a shame you couldnt get any reassurance which is what an US should do! 

when do you see your Dr?  i would try calling his/her office and explain you just need to know a quick "everything is okay" in the meantime while you wait for a full discussion.
  • @kiki047 I'd try to take it as not bad news.  I'd be a little pissy about them hiding the screen from me during the scan though.  However in my experience, if there is bad news, I've gotten a phone call right away.  This has been my experience will all of my providers.  Also I know it sucks but the sonographer isn't supposed to interpret the scan or give results.  Even though we all know they know something. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10+2
    FTM/STM/STM+:STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cardinal tetra fish
    Upcoming appointments: MFM Friday
    How are you feeling?: OK I vomited for the first time on Sunday.
    Rants/Raves: I'm not feeling very optimistic about feeling good in second tri, since this is when my nausea vomiting got really bad last pregnancy and it persisted throughout.  
    Questions: none
    GTKY: What is your go-to coffee order? Frozen SF turtle coffee with coconut milk or other non dairy alternative. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @asf0613 tomorrow, but the clinic was also being a dick about expediting the results to him because they said it normally takes 3-5 business days to turn it around. After a lot of crying and begging and maybe some foot stomping the lady kind of huffed and said she'd try to get it to him right away. Talk about a different experience from my first US! 
    @mkc3888 thank you, that's what I'm hearing from others too, that if it was bad news they would have told me right away. I'm trying to hold onto that. Super unimpressed but feeling less panicky today. Sorry to hear your MS is escalating - did anything work last time to give you some relief? 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @asf0613 glad to hear on mend and you were not exposed so one less stressor.

@kiki047 the wait is the hardest but hold onto the fact that usually bad news is given fast and good they take their time. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green (for now -trying to hold strong)
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lego man
    Upcoming appointments: 11/12 video group meeting for genetics (no idea purpose) & 11/13 ultrasound
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good got visual confirmation that healthy baby growing on Friday at my first ultrasound so that has let me relax a bit.
    Rants/Raves: Rants trying to get my doctors office to write a note that says I am pregnant has been ridiculous. No raves at this time
    Questions: natm
    GTKY: What is your go-to coffee order? I HATE coffee with a passion. I am a tea lady through and through and anything goes. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9+3
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby has taste buds and is the size of a thimble 
    Upcoming appointments: Had my first US today. Confirmed baby is growing right on track. 11/23 is my 12 week physical/pap smear
    How are you feeling?: Way better! The US relieved my anxiety, my nausea is down, energy is up. Waiting for my boobies to stop quadrupling in size 🤪
    Rants/Raves: Dealing with remote schooling while being pressured from my job to be in the office more and remote less. Haven’t told them I’m pregnant yet, anxious about their reaction and the possibility of losing my job.
    Questions: What are you moms doing to stay active? I’m trying to not go crazy with junky food, but even then I’m sitting at home most of the day. I really struggled with my weight and body image with my first child (granted her dad was not supportive or nice sooo), and I don’t want to give up the good habits I’ve learned over the years. I’m concerned about not staying healthy and having it make labor and recovery more difficult. 
    Depends on the season! I like iced dark roast mocha cream only (peppermint mocha in cold weather), iced hazelnut cream/sugar, aaaand house blend from Starbucks cream/sugar. Lol I’m from New England where we drink iced coffee year round 
  • @asf0613 it’s possible they can pick up the HB with the doppler but don’t freak if they can’t! With my first, they couldn’t pick it up that early so they wheeled in an ultrasound machine so that they could see it and everything was fine.
  • @gusgus14 yes trying not to freak out too much.  this was an "extra" appointment that they are giving me based on my asking so just hoping all goes smoothly!
  • @kiki047 That's so sad, my absolute favourite things about any ultrasound is staring at the inside of my body as they move the probe around. I can understand if they don't want questions, but to not get to see it would be frustrating for me. 

@kiki047 I love the flavour of Mcd coffee too. But I'm a Timmies fan so I ignore that. 😄

@alarelish I want to do the 10,000 recommended steps a day. Walk around the neighborhood everyday is a good goal, especially with remote classes, gives you a break from the computer. And if you do it with your kids they will start asking when you feel like missing a day and you'll feel like you're letting them down, so you'll achieve your goal even on days when you don't want to. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    Cardinal tetra fish

First appointment: Finally! Nov 13th

How are you feeling?: ok

Rants/Raves: So, two things. My husband runs slow, so Monday I went to meet him at the end of his run to walk back home with him. But he had one lap left. So even though, I'm pregnant, was wearing flip flops and carrying a 13month old on my back, I thought it was OK to speed walk as he ran. So, not, good. I did not feel good a couple of hours later. I think I need to switch to a waistless carrier. 

Number two, Monday I tried the hard way (and cheap way) of getting an appointment and they said come back at 10. So I went back yesterday and they said, first appointment available is in January! Then in another group they said I was supposed to go inthe General Medicine line not the Gynecology line for the first appointment.  Frustrating. But the truth is my husband had his misgivings about this route and in the meantime I found a cheap option that he is comfortable with. So we'll go with that option. 

Questions: Good for now

Self serve Tim Hortons kiosks. I don't know if it's acceptable or not, but I'm always excited when I get my "mandatory" airport coffee. 
    1. Take an extra large cup. 
    2. Press the triple cream button
    3. Repeat #2 once or as desired. 
    3. Add coffee until the cup is full. 
    Coffee happiness or cream addiction, not sure which. 
  • @kiki047 last time zofran was effective.  So far I've taken it that one time and it worked

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021