1st Trimester
Options

Loss of appetite

Anyone else experiencing this symptom? I'm exactly 6 weeks, I haven't had any nausea or vomiting at all, but I've been feeling bloated and blocked up since a week after conception. I take supplements, including iron and calcium at different times throughout the day. I know other people have increased appetite, but I just cant bring myself to eat much. Stool has been kind of dark and hard too with the constipation. My progesterone was good for 3rd trimester at only 4 weeks, so I know my hormones are crazy high. Should I be worried? Any comments welcome,  thanks.

Re: Loss of appetite

• Options
    @lizalovespasha With most of my pregnancies, I started out with loss of appetite for a few weeks, and usually lose a few pounds.  In my experience,  it then turns to nausea and vomiting.  There is so much variance in what is normal in early pregnancy,  many women have no symptoms at all.   
    I wouldn't worry, just be sure to stay hydrated and when you do eat, try to make it count as much as possible.  
  • Options
    I’m experiencing this also. I found out very early and I haven’t had an appetite since (I’m 6 weeks). I was very nauseous in previous pregnancies and still ravenously hungry so I was alarmed when I just didn’t feel like eating this time. I’ve since don’t plenty of research and found that this is a normal symptom and it’s usually followed by a large appetite later. Just do your best to snack through the day, drink plenty of water and focus on one solid meal. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MsMagenMsMagen member
    edited October 2020
    I'm experiencing this too and was also concerned something was off. Do you find you can't eat much at once either. I'm only 5 weeks but I don't have an appetite especially at night and only certain things even sounds appetizing. I already feel like a princess with my family about only wanting to eat what I want haha 
  • Options
    prenatal vitamins can help getting over less appetite, food aversion and low energy. these vitamins are composition of herbal content so no downsides anyway.