1st Trimester
Options

Take it easy

edited October 2020 in 1st Trimester
Wow, I can't believe you chose to take offense at that! Totally the opposite of my intention. But, since stress is bad for pregnancy, I wont stress about this either. That's what I'm saying- in every situation, you have a choice. Good luck with powering through it all!

Plus, maybe we mean two different things by "fatigue." I mean, getting out of bed to pee is a major challenge. If I had an out-of-home job, i would have to call in sick. Not want to, have to. Maybe sth is medically wrong if I'm this drained?

Re: Take it easy

• Options
    edited October 2020
    @lizalovespasha You keep posting things on the First Trimester Board. Many of these things would resonate better with your BMB, where you'll find women at similar stages of their PGs.  If you really want to try and connect and support others during their PGs, I suggest you go join in your BMB.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the quote @harpseal135 nothing worse than a dd. 
    @lizalovespasha per your updated edit after your dd, perhaps you have low iron. I felt similarly in my pregnancies, but usually not until later on, and an iron supplement helped a lot. 
    Also just for future reference, woe is me posts generally don’t go over well on this board, because well, no one knows you and everyone is dealing with their own lives. I also recommend connecting with your bmb and joining in there. Like @harpseal135 said, you're very lucky to have the life you live and not everyone can be so lax. Good luck. 
  • Options
    This isn't a woe is me post, I was trying to share an insight. Let me try again. It's called self compassion. Its part of mindfulness. It can be practiced in any situation, including yours. I can't do much right now. I haven't been able to work, exercise or function at all since being pregnant. Instead of feeling bad, guilty and worried about that as I normally would, I actively choose not to. And that has made a world of difference. The point is, we can't control our circumstances, but we can control how we react to them.

I'm sorry I mentioned not having to work. Apparently that was a major faux pas. I've always been socially awkward.

There was a medical problem, btw. Besides AMA and twins, my thyroid is messed up again. No wonder I'm lethargic.

I genuinely wish you all the best in your lives and your pregnancies. I was trying to encourage, not offend. 
  • Options
    Wow, I can't believe you chose to take offense at that! Totally the opposite of my intention. But, since stress is bad for pregnancy, I wont stress about this either. That's what I'm saying- in every situation, you have a choice. Good luck with powering through it all!

Plus, maybe we mean two different things by "fatigue." I mean, getting out of bed to pee is a major challenge. If I had an out-of-home job, i would have to call in sick. Not want to, have to. Maybe sth is medically wrong if I'm this drained?
    This isn't a woe is me post, I was trying to share an insight. Let me try again. It's called self compassion. Its part of mindfulness. It can be practiced in any situation, including yours. I can't do much right now. I haven't been able to work, exercise or function at all since being pregnant. Instead of feeling bad, guilty and worried about that as I normally would, I actively choose not to. And that has made a world of difference. The point is, we can't control our circumstances, but we can control how we react to them.

I'm sorry I mentioned not having to work. Apparently that was a major faux pas. I've always been socially awkward.

There was a medical problem, btw. Besides AMA and twins, my thyroid is messed up again. No wonder I'm lethargic.

I genuinely wish you all the best in your lives and your pregnancies. I was trying to encourage, not offend. 

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    You have twins and this is your first pregnancy? I'm assuming they're your husband's kids from a previous marriage or relationship?
    I usually don't say stuff like this but your post is so self-congratulatory I can't help myself... wait until you hit third trimester. Shit gets ROUGH. I sent diapers to myself at my office because I was incontinent those last 4 weeks and Depends weren't working at that point. It was super fun explaining that to the secretary who opened the package. I fell asleep - like dead asleep with drool running down my chin - all day, everywhere, even in front of my boss at a meeting. Because I worked until I went into labor.
    Enjoy your luxurious pregnancy and have your rich husband pay for your weekly prenatal massages.
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo she’s pregnant with twins. 

@lizalovespasha I wish it was that easy to just relax and not worry about how the bills  are going to get paid. What a world it would have been if my husband could solely pay for everything and I didn’t have to work 40+ hours a week on my feet all day. This is why your post came off as self-absorbed and offensive. hopefully you get your thyroid issues resolved because it’s only going to get harder from here especially with two babies. Best of luck. 
  • Options
    Sorry, but yes it was woe is me.  Guess what when I was pregnant I was working at a private golf club.  Another server was pregnant at the same time.  We went through it, we lifted furniture,  we carried 8 tops, we were exhausted and we did it, because we needed to survive. She worked a 10 hour day, went home and gave birth 5 hours later (she literally labored for an hour).  I was forced to stop working at 7.5 months, due to doctor threatening bed rest.  I listened.

For many its suck it up or sink.  Im Sorry your thyroid is acting up again. It can not be fun and I do feel for you, but be blessed that you don't have to have your livelihood on the line to take care of yourself.  

"can't do much right now. I haven't been able to work, exercise or function at all since being pregnant. Instead of feeling bad, guilty and worried about that as I normally would, I actively choose not to. And that has made a world of difference. The point is, we can't control our circumstances, but we can control how we react to them."

Guess what? Again this is part of your "luxury," lifestyle - you don't have to work. You have that opportunity to actively chose not to worry.  And no we all can not control how we react to them. If we could life would be a lot less stressful for everyone.  

I bet if your husband had the same care free attitude as you that he may not have the job that does allow you to not work when you don't feel like it?  Correct?  Wouldn't he get fired for not meeting deadlines? Would he not get in trouble if he just decided to take it easy that day?  His lack of work shows?  Then again I don't know what his job it, but knowing that 99% of jobs wouldn't accept that behaviors. 
  • Options
    @greyl ahahahahhaha even better :lol: I had twins and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan she's gonna get spanked at 20 weeks and beyond. Third trimester is twice as hard with twice the babies.
    And if she's a SAHM with twin toddlers? Goooooooooooooood luck. I am so glad I work outside the home so I can get a break from the absolute mayhem they cause.
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo as a fellow twin mom, +1 for all of those thoughts. And like @harpseal135 said, I drug my butt to work threw up in the work bathroom (delightful) about 10 times a day, every day for 10 weeks because I had to. 
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 - I went to work right up until labor with my twins. You do what you have to do. I was at a work dinner the night before I had my c section (I was having irregular contractions at that point but didn't think much of it since they weren't too strong). My boss's wife saw my horrendously swollen legs, grabbed my ankles, and hoisted them on to a cushioned seat. I cried out because it was unexpected and god knows you can't bend when you're that big lol... she blames herself for causing my labor :lol: ah, good times.
    It's a good thing twin toddlers are so cute - they are chaos incarnate.