Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Monday 10/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: WTO Monday 10/26

• Options

Month/Cycle: 23/26

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, Tracking CM, Giving a new RE a call this month 

R/R: I’m back! I did a little lurking while I was gone but there are so many new names that it kind of stressed me out. I love to see the board busy but I feel like I don’t know anyone! I’ll have some catching up to do this week for sure. Anyway, we had a perfect vacation and I’m sad to be back to reality. And as you can see, I didn’t get my BFP while I was gone. But now that my work deadline over and this trip is behind us, we’re going to reach out to a new RE for a second opinion. Looking forward to feeling like I am actively doing something to get pregnant instead of just having a bunch of sex!

CS/Q:

• Options
    @bows22 welcome back! My parents were also in Disney this past week! Hope you had a blast! Glad you're going to get a second opinion. FX!!

Month/Cycle: 17/10

CD: 53

WAYDTGKU: temping, prenatals, OPKs, and HIO of course

R/R: well I was hoping with the appearance of EWCM last week that I'd get a positive OPK this weekend but no such luck. Ughhhh. Planning to call my doctor this week - hopefully this afternoon.

CS/Q:  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@bows22 welcome back!

@gingermama29 sorry to rhe longest cycle ever 😔

Month/Cycle: 12/12

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: bbt, gettin down and dirrrty

R/R: nothing yet as I am still in bed drinking coffee

CS/Q: CS/Q: Premom gave me a coverline today but I dont believe it as I temp shift more usually and have no OPK. Any ideas?

• Options
    Lurking...

@bows22 how did you like Disney?! 
  • Options
    @bows22 curious to hear what the covid protocols were at Disney? Welcome back!!

@legendairymomma hard to say.. doesn’t seem like much of a shift - are yOu tracking any other signs/symptoms that would give you more of an idea?

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: temping, opk, hio

R/R:  DH had to go into the office early today so we had to compromise that I’d park the van outside (both cars don’t fit in garage) - going have to warm it up for like 30 minutes 🤬

CS/Q: Welp I suspected this was gunna happen - a temp shift but not above my earlier cycle temps!! Keep HIO until it becomes more clear I think. Opk yesterday was immediately and very very clearly positive and had some right side cramping laying in bed last night - all good signs!  Might tell FF to disregard those two high temps a few days ago because both days I woke up having a sweaty hot flash which I don’t think is indicative of normalcy in my bod lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@bows22 tell us all about Disney!

@gingermama29 I’m sorry about this extended cycle!

@legendairymomma that temp shift doesn’t seem to significant to me. Does it line up with anything else you are tracking?

@canucklehead123 I would wait one more day before disregarding them. You might get a bigger temp spike tomorrow morning. 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: FF, bbt, OPKs, HIO, prenatals 

R/R: Hopefully work will be quiet today. I have to make a dent on prepping for our upcoming holiday campaign. My new iPad comes tomorrow! I am so excited!! 

CS/Q: my OPKs are progressively getting darker but not there just yet. I’m thinking maybe tomorrow? 

• Options
    @canucklehead123 CM is still in abundance. I really just hope its not annovulatory this cycle. I don't have the mental capacity for one right now. 
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: CD16

WAYDTGKU: HIO, tracking CM and BBT 

R/R: It’s Monday and I have no motivation to do anything. I was suppose to get up early and have some alone time before the day gets started. Yesterday I mopped my floors and as soon as I got the mop and bucket put away the puppy promptly pooped in the corner. 😑 He is so lucky he is a cutie pie. It’s dipping into the 20’s for the highs here and the teens for the lows. I really hope we stay above zero this year. I have been buying more winter gear because we plan to keep hiking the trails this year. Although, I can already feel my cold urticaria kicking in after being outside with temps in the 30’s. So this should be fun. DH keeps telling me to take a antihistamine but I can’t at the moment.  

CS/Q: I’m pretty sure I will get a shift tomorrow or the next day at the latest. I have had my typical O CM pattern and I only expect 1 more day of CM so ovulation has either happened yesterday or will happen today. Either way, our timing is great. 

• Options
    @legendairymomma I'm copying what @emeraldcity1214 wrote yesterday in the WTO thread - super helpful and there seems to be a scenario that looks maybe what is happening for you based on your chart (in spoiler)

It needs to rise .2 above the highest of the last 6 temps. Then the next two temps need to stay elevated and continue to rise to at least .3 degrees above the highest of the last 6 temps. 

It is possible to have a falllback rise on the second day of your shift but your temp would need to rise back up and stay elevated. You can only have 1 drop of a temp in the first 4 days for that to be a confirmed shift. 

You can also have a slow rise. This is when your temp rises to .1 above the highest of the previous six. The following temps will also rise .1 each day. They would need to continue going up and stay elevated to confirm a shift. 

There are also what is called a weak shift. This is when your temp rises .2 above the highest of the last 6 temps and doesn’t go any higher for several days. You would need to consider yourself fertile for at least 4 days into your shift due to how low the temps stayed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @bows22 I hope you enjoyed your trip to Disney. I have had that on my list for a few years now. I am still trying to bring DH around to it. He hates going to places like that. 

@gingermama29 I hope you ovulate soon. That’s frustrating having to wait so long. 

@legendairymomma I can’t seem to get TB to let me zoom into your chart. I can’t tell how high your temps are up compared to the other temps. If they are up at least .2 degrees, this could be a weak shift. 

@canucklehead123 I wouldn’t toss out temps just yet. You may be surprised what you get tomorrow. I’m very hesitant to ever adjust my chart for any reason because then I could skew your actual data and not know what’s really going on. 

@daisy528 I love how smooth your temps are. Such a gorgeous chart already. 
  • Options
    @canucklehead123 @emeraldcity1214
    Thanks so much!! I have never had this happen so I had no clue. I will keep an eye out but y'all gave me hope. Hubs will be happy to get more bangin time in 😂
    Ill put a table of temps in the spoiler

• Options
    @legendairymomma CD19 and 20 dropped to the same place some of the previous 6 temps are. I would not count that as my shift. I would keep waiting and see what happens. 
  • Options
    @legendairymomma definitely doesn't look like a big enough temperature shift to indicate O to me.

@canucklehead123 yay for a finally positive OPK! I'd discard those temps too.

@daisy528 oooh that's so exciting about your new iPad! 

@emeraldcity1214 oh no, what a stinker! Glad it was at least an easy to clean spot.

@bows22 I'm glad you had a great time! What a small world it would be (haaaaa I'm punny 😂😂) if you happened to see my parents there. No way to know obviously but I like the idea. I'm currently on my second cycle.

I updated the IF thread, but I'll mention it here that I did call my doctor (or rather the nurse's line) and have an appointment scheduled to see the OB in 2 weeks. So now I play the waiting game.
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 Where are you located that it’s so cold already? @canucklehead123 MH is using the garage as a workshop and I am not happy to be parking in the driveway either. It was in the 40s this morning. 

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: hio, cm, FF, and will start temping this cycle 

R/R: With AF arrival today, I’m back to CD1. It was a short 24d cycle last month, so while MH maintains I O’d later and nicely informed me this morning that we didn’t DTD at the right time, I’ll maintain that he’s clearly wrong. 😅

CS/Q: nothing. I ordered a BBT thermometer today from Amazon. With their delayed prime shipping, it’ll be here Thursday. That would mean I could temp starting CD5, which I assume would ok to get a baseline established. Thoughts? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bows22 we keep him confined to our main floor. Our top floor is the only level with carpet except for the stairs. So luckily, I can clean it up and it isn’t soaking into the padding beneath our carpet. 

@gingermama29 I’m glad you already have an appointment. 

@emmylou78 I moved to Alaska about 18 months ago. Last winter was my first winter here and it stayed around -20 for several months. I grew up in Alabama too so it was a bit of an adjustment. My husband grew up in central Alaska which is why we moved up here. 
  • Options
    @bows22 so glad to hear you enjoyed your trip! I’m pretty jealous tbh
    @gingermama29 glad that you got an appointment set up! Hopefully you’ll be able to get to the bottom of things and move on from this cycle. 
    @canucklehead123 hopefully it wasn’t too cold of a drive this morning!
    @daisy528 so eliciting about the iPad! I’m in the market for a new laptop or tablet but can’t decide which I want
    @emeraldcity1214 at least it was #2 and not #1. I’ve always been less upset when there’s something solid for me to pick up whenever we’ve had puppies
    @emmylou78 don’t you love when the men think they’re always right??

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 24

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPKs and HIO

R/R: Opened at work today but it actually wasn’t too busy so it was a nice day. My OPK this morning was pretty faint but when I tested around 3 this afternoon it was almost as dark as the control so I’m hoping O is coming soon. I had kind of resigned to the idea this was an anovulatory cycle but maybe there’s some hope after all. 

• Options
    @pharmd93 I have tile and hardwood so pee isn’t too big of a deal either. My problem is keeping people from stepping in it. I had the roomba out the other day and I decided to put him in his kennel because I have heard horror stories of poop and pee being spread across the house because of this kind of stuff. 🤢
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I’ve seen those pictures floating around the internet before too. Definitely a good idea to avoid that! 😬
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 6/7 since TTA

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: basic charting, OOD, thats really it.  

R/R: just annoyed that I'm here. I really thought last cycle was the one, even though our timing wasn't perfect. It just felt like it would be the one! 

CS/Q: if I've had a loss, do I count those months too? I had to TTA  for awhile so I've been counting the months I've been trying since TTA. I'm sure everyone just does what feels the best for that answer?

• Options
    @pharmd93 MH is the epitome of thinks he’s right. 

@emeraldcity1214 Wow, Alaska from Alabama! How fun. MH says I’m like a cat that likes to curl up in the sun to be warm, so wet cold fall and then winter is so not my thing.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    **Lurking**

@SDSwenson Most people just do what feels right for them, there aren’t really rules. For instance, I count it as 10/3 AL because we started trying in January, but it is my 3rd cycle AL. I don’t think everyone does it the same way though, so whatever works for you. 
  • Options