June 2021 Moms
Options

FFFC 10/23

Post your Flame Free Friday Confessions here! (Not guaranteed to be flame-free.)

Re: FFFC 10/23

• Options
    @jaztastic I'm the sameeee way

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jaztastic - I went to a conference and there was a great presenter who was a food safety microbiologist. I asked her a question about listeria risks for pregnant women and how pretty much nothing is safe (salad, canned food, frozen veggies, cheese, ice cream) and her answer was basically be smart about it. Don't eat stuff that's been sitting out or looks or smells suspicious, etc. It would be impossible to only eat "safe" foods. Enjoy your sammie!
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @jaztastic I am the same way! I try to limit it as much as I can but if I'm craving something I will eat it.

With all the recalls in the US this year I'm much more nervous to eat romaine, peaches, melon, pretty much any kind of produce than I am lunch meat 
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican exactly. Its like use common sense and basic food safety rules... and like most things in life, dont over do it. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    Today is my 10 year anniversary! I *really* want to dtd with H tonight but I’m nervous about it making me bleed more so we probably my won’t. But then again, maybe we will 🤔
  • Options
    @jaztastic - I don't even remember all the rules half the time😬 and the other half I ignore 😆

@artsiefartsie - I feel like the recalls get more and more varied every year. Romaine lettuce has been a pretty constant one, there was a veggie bag last year, and then ice cream the year before that. You can't live in fear!

@hillbillywife - I hate the DTD spotting. You can't win either way.

My confession: I am distrusting of beauticians. I have never got a haircut that I liked after I left the salon, and I've sworn off salons for about three years now.
  • Options
    Not a flammable confession (I don’t think) but a confession: I was on an old episode of the Birth Hour podcast :) Actually, 2 if you count when I did an ad for them lol. I think they’re both archived so you have to be a Patreon member to hear them now. But. There ya go.
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    marebear15marebear15 member
    edited October 2020
    @disgruntled_pelican - That's pretty cool! Which birth was it and was there anything interesting, different, or unusual about it?
  • Options
    @jaztastic oh crap! I totally forgot about the lunch meat thing. I’ve only had a few (haha) turkey sandwiches in the last few weeks... 
  • Options
    I just had the BEST cold cut sub.  It hit the spot after all the nausea I’ve felt all week I ate that whole thing!  Lol aaannd I chased it down with an ice cold Dr Pepper.  No shame today. None.
  • Options
    Sorry @marebear15 just saw this! I actually did all 3 births of my girls, they were all hospital births and had the same complication, but I fear if I divulge that you'd be able to find out way too much about me! LOL 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • Options
    @disgruntled_pelican - PM me if you feel comfortable with that! I absolutely love birth stories.