October 2020 Moms
Options

Final thoughts

Just in case anyone is still hanging around I figured I'd start a thread for any final posts about anything. We're almost there!!

Re: Final thoughts

• Options
    Had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and baby was already over 8lbs!! C section is happening this Saturday and I'm eager to get him out. I'm having lots of random cramping but so far nothing has felt like true contractions. Baby is moving a lot less which I guess is normal since he's running out of space but it's still a little stressful. I keep wondering if everything is okay. 

Good luck to everyone!! We're almost at the finish line!! Hope all your babies are happy and healthy :)
  • Options
    Oh no I’m sorry I missed this! I had to take a bit of a social media break but thought I’d take a quick peek at the boards. Hope all went well! ♥️ 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Parker wound up coming a day early! He's healthy and everything went fine ☺️ Being a new mom is... a lot. Just want to say good luck to everyone and if caring for your child is feeling really difficult, you're not alone. We go through like 20 diapers a day and sometimes he cries for a long time with no clear reason and it's so stressful. Hang in there! I'm told it gets better lol
  • Options
    So so glad to hear that things went well! Congrats mama!!! I have 6 days till my due date and was told I’m 3cm today, so here’s hoping he comes soon 🤞 

Speaking of diapers, man I’ve heard such varying amounts so thanks for saying how many you’ve been using! We are doing disposables for the newborn stage and then cloth once he can fit into them- I was gifted 50 of them. Hope I can stay strong- I like the prospect of not having to buy so many diapers 😂 but I know cloth is daunting as well.
  • Options
    Good luck!! I hope he comes soon! 

Yeah diaper-use seems to vary wildly by baby. The whole "diapers equal to days old" thing is comical to us. Yesterday he went through 8 in just 3 hours. Although to be fair he's 3 weeks old now. Kudos to you for attempting cloth! I can't even imagine! 
  • Options
    Thanks! Today is the official due date- I’m so ready for him to be here already lol, my pregnant self is getting a little miserable. Enjoy your little one and take care :)

And yea, I mean cloth is the goal but until we start trying it, I can’t say whether I’ll be able to stick it out haha. But I’ll sure try!
  • Options
    I ended up getting induced a week before my due date (Oct 28) due to some concerns over my low blood platelet count.  The induction was successful, however Myles was not properly oriented, and after 2+ hours of pushing and attempting a vacuum extraction, I ended up getting an emergency c section.  I'm doing well and Myles is the most perfect baby.  Officially a mom now thanks to this beautiful boy!

• Options
    Congrats! He is PRECIOUS 😍 I’m glad at least that you and baby are doing well, but that sounds like a process! 

Meanwhile I am over here now 3 days past the due date, just waiting 😆 Trying to be patient but man my feet are killing me and we just had our first snowstorm of the year yesterday! I’m apparently 4cm dilated and baby is SUPER low, but no water breakage and no labor contractions yet. Feeling a little discouraged but I know that every delivery is different.
  • Options
    angela444 said:
    I ended up getting induced a week before my due date (Oct 28) due to some concerns over my low blood platelet count.  The induction was successful, however Myles was not properly oriented, and after 2+ hours of pushing and attempting a vacuum extraction, I ended up getting an emergency c section.  I'm doing well and Myles is the most perfect baby.  Officially a mom now thanks to this beautiful boy!

Congrats! You are officially a mom now. And your baby is so beautiful.