April 2021 Moms
Options

MPM 10.19

What is everybody making this week? And/or what are you craving this week?

Re: MPM 10.19

• Options
    I finally made a Bolognese sauce that I've been dreaming about. It's a recipe from the Defined Dish. It has been simmering on the stove all day and smells so good. That will be dinner today and tomorrow. Wednesday likely takeout, then Thursday I have a Home Chef meal. My in laws will be in town on Friday so I am hoping my husband will grill something. My cravings have settled down recently and I've been able to eat more of my normal pre-pregnancy type foods which is promising! Excited to see what everyone else is prepping so I can copy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This week the plan is a chicken pot pie casserole topped with tater tots, cajun chicken and sausage casserole and philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers. But I'm craving spaghetti, so that might have to happen. I'm also able to eat vegetables now without wanting to throw up, so I think that is progress!

@pelorunningmama that sounds so good! I've been dreaming of pasta. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My SO has become obsessed with BBQ, and it's one food I could happily never eat again. I keep trying to explain we can grill without it tasting like BBQ, but he keeps doing it. The smell turns my stomach so much right now, I don't let him cook because... He BBQs it. And I'm fresh out of ideas. I'm so tired from chasing a 9mo and all the other work I have to do. Plus he works nights, so I'm doing it 95% alone 22 hours a day. It's not much beyond convenience food here:

Stouffers Meatloaf with Bob's Mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese
    Gyro
    Hot dogs with potato chips and Dean's Onion dip
    That's as far as I've gotten this week. 
  • Options
    I feel like I can finally jump in here after so many weeks of not being able to plan beyond my next meal/snack! It feels good to be able to cook for my family again.

Last night I made a hamburger and potato casserole (it was yummy!); tonight will probably be nachos; then we also have baked fish, leftover casserole and leftover Chinese food from the other night. So not perfect, but progress!
  • Options
    I can’t stop eating McDonalds. Seriously, what is wrong with me?  I don’t have any food plans and nothing sounds good but junk. The latest craving: nacho cheese bugles dipped in goat cheese. I also ordered a brown butter cream Rice Krispie cake from my friend who owns a bakery business.  Oopsies. 
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 I have been having more junk food than I care to admit. Oh well!
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 OMG that rice krispie cake sounds amazing! I have been craving rice krispies!
  • Options
    We’re doing shepherds pie one night, pizza on the grill again (because it’s the easiest dinner ever and DS will eat it without complaint), and probably DoorDash. We’re almost out of milk so I guess it’s time to figure out some more meals and get groceries. 
  • Options
    haha I was eating rice krispie treats in the beginning of the pregnancy when I needed something sweet and carby, they really hit the spot!! :)@BuckeyeNut05 @bbrahmbhatt

We've been eating out A LOT bc nothing ever sounds good by the time I'm hungry and then I just want food immediately. We've been eating the majority of our meals out at restaurants trying to soak up all of the last nice weather before its too cold to eat outside here! Restaurants are totally open for indoor dining where we're located but I don't feel safe and am sticking to outdoors only. 

Still eating 1-2 kiwis a day because I'm craving them haha. Managed to cook one meal this weekend - scallops served over mushroom risotto and it was delicious. Then on Sunday I was really craving "bar food" and in an effort to not eat fried takeout stuff, DH and I made our own beer cheese dip and dipped carrots and green apples in it. It was a yummy cheat! 

I'm also eating too much halloween candy lol. 
  • Options
    Still no real meal planning going on over here. DH fixes food for the girls and I get whatever I want for myself, unless I can actually decide what I want and then he makes it for me. Usually my dinner looks like me standing in front of the pantry and refrigerator and getting a random assortment of things!

As far as cravings, I’ve been wanting salads (not necessarily the healthy kind though, more like with a bunch of stuff piled on top) and pizza and apples with peanut butter. 
  • Options
    @bblair24 I’ve been craving salads piled high with stuff too! I made a homemade dressing this weekend and have had giant salads twice for dinner in the last three days. I load it with cheese, nuts and dried fruit though so all the health is gone.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @pelorunningmama that’s the only way to enjoy a salad! 😂 Sounds delicious! I’m excited about the salads we have in our grocery order for tomorrow. DH realized earlier that he forgot to add them to the order and he said “did you really want them?” Um YES so he was able to add them in. Lucky for him 😜
  • Options
    @bblair24 I've been having apples with peanut butter most days!

Let's see, so far this week we have had mujaddara (Arabic lentil and rice dish), french toast, and kale salad.  I was craving fish tacos last week and we had those, and they really hit the spot so maybe we'll do those again.  We'll probably make a curry at some point as well.  And I've been wanting to make Marcella Hazen's tomato sauce so I've been thinking of making eggplant 'meatballs' to go with that and pasta.  I also made a carrot cake on Sunday and have been eating it every day since.  Carrot cake was one of my few cravings last pregnancy and I never actually got any so I had to remedy that this time.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH got some of those thinster cookies from Sam's Club yesterday, which is great, except because they are small and "thin" instead of eating like 4, i eat 20... which i guess defeats the purpose. 

This week we've done chili and tacos so far. Tonight is teriyaki salmon with sticky rice and some sort of veggie. Then we've got sweet and sour chicken and beef stew planned. 
  • Options
    We have had salads TWICE this week and it feels like a huge success!!

Mon: turkey & quinoa stuffed peppers
    Tues: grilled chicken salad
    Weds: kale/feta/tomato salad
    Thurs: Beef Stroganoff
    Fri: cauliflower crust pizza

@cagncoo12 silly question, but is sticky rice different from like regular steamed rice?
    @kadeephd carrot cake sounds good! So does cheese cake 😆
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot It really hit the spot.  My husband and I polished off the whole thing in four days  :D Also do you buy or make the cauliflower crust pizza?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd buy it from Costco! Friends keep recommending this one brand so I got it but we’ve yet to try it. It’s supposed to be delish tho!
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot I'm curious how it is!  We bought one at Aldi and I wasn't that impressed.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot @kadeephd I tried the cauliflower pizza crust from TJ's and it was NOT good. I'd be down to try a different one, maybe I need the Costco one!

We had a lot of cheese in our fridge yesterday that I wanted to use up, so last night I made french onion soup - it was so good! Made it in the instant pot and then put the soup in ramekins under the broiler with french bread and lots of cheese. Mmmmm

Then my kindergarten eating habits struck again and I made pudding last night so that I could make "dirt cups" today haha. Very excited. (chocolate pudding, crushed oreos, and gummy worms for anyone not familiar with this childhood memory)
  • Options
    @theblondebump omg french onion soup sounds sooo good!  We're going to have to do that next week.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd  yes! If you have an instantpot, I used this recipe:

• Options
    @theblondebump We do have an instantpot - that looks great thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot it is! We usually have steamed jasmine rice, but DH bought sticky rice. I honestly don't know how to describe it except for that it's stickier haha 
  • Options
    @cagncoo12 hahaha gottcha!

@kadeephd @theblondebump okay so we just had it and it was just soso. It was crispy and the crust had a good flavor but all in all it was a little odd. Haha I wouldn’t say delicious or rave about it, but we’ll eat the second one another week (comes 2x per box)
  • Options
    The in-laws invited us over for dinner tonight and she made chicken pie. It was soooo good. She sent home leftovers and I have a feeling I'm going to have to fight DH for them tomorrow 🥊