Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
FTM/STM/STM+: 
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 
Upcoming appointments: 
How are you feeling?: 
Rants/Raves: 
Questions: 
GTKY: What has been your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite?

Re: Week 3 (June 15-21) Check-in 10/20

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6+1ish
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ (3 LOs at home)
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Probably finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A metal earing back?
    Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound next Thursday
    How are you feeling?: Very very nauseous and very tired. I could seriously pop into a deep sleep at any given time. I can't quit yawning. 
    Rants/Raves: The ginger nausea gum from Sea Bands has been lovely. It really helps, but I go through a lot of it quickly.
    Questions: How early is too early to invest in a snoogle? 
    GTKY: What has been your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? Last year we went to Pennsylvania, camping and Hershey and Philidelphia, it was so much fun and we saw and learned so much. 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • artsiefartsieartsiefartsie member
    edited October 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 17th /5 + 5

FTM/STM/STM+:  STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pencil eraser

Upcoming appointments: Nov 19th intake/ultrasound appointment 

How are you feeling?: Waves of awful mixed in with random bouts of feeling okay.

Rants: My general food aversion is annoying. If something randomly sounds good I need to eat it fast before it disappears. For example, roasted chickpeas sounded really good just now so I rinsed them,  got most of the skins off and got them in the oven,  and I'm already over it 🙃 hopefully it reignites once they are done. 

It is also impossible to meal plan and grocery shop. 

Questions: anyone else's pregnancy brain already making them a space cadet? 

We went down to Florida when DS was about two and just seeing him experience the ocean for the first time was amazing.  

@disgruntled_pelican Never too early.  I've already broken my old one out for naps. I'm a hard stomach sleeper so I need to start early on retraining myself to sleep on my side.
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 21 based on ovulation, which would mean about 5+1. 

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Up in the air! I'm definitely Team Green but my husband wants to know as soon as we possibly can, even if he has to keep it a secret from me (which he won't be able to lol). If he knew about the early home tests he would probably be pricking me in my sleep. I'm trying to stick with "it's my health information until the baby is born," but I don't really think that's fair for me to get a veto.. we'll see. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Letter bead

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday for a follow up ultrasound. I went last week due to spotting and cramping but it was too early to see anything. I should be right at 6 weeks next Monday, so hoping for a heartbeat. 

How are you feeling?: So anxious still. My spotting is happening less often on the whole, but it was a little heavier again this morning. And I'm not nauseous yet, which I know is a good thing, but is driving me crazy.  

Rants/Raves: DH is cleaning the litter boxes for the foreseeable future and I'm just hoping that sticks forever :smiley: 

Questions: Anyone hiring a doula? Or had one in the past? A friend of mine is one and we have a consult later on. 

GTKY: What has been your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? I took a multiple month trip before law school. It was the first time since I was 14 that I was not employed and/or in school and that freedom was heaven. I also loved having so much time that I could just spend a day reading in a cafe and not feel like I was missing an important day of sightseeing. 
  • @nlc_atx We didn't hire a doula the first time around but was planning on doing it this time, but covid has kind of killed that plan as of now. I'll probably wait until closer to see if things calm down and we are allowed more visitors by then. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 18. 5+4

FTM/STM/STM+: ftm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: grain of rice 

Upcoming appointments: Monday the 26th 

How are you feeling?: moody and tired but no nausea yet so counting my blessings so far 

Rants/Raves: homeschooling is driving me crazy (I’m a nanny) 

Questions: people who can’t take naps during the day, how do you deal with being exhausted? 

GTKY: What has been your favorite vacation? What made it your favorite? I loved going on vacation to Mexico with some of my family when I was a junior in high school. It was so cool to see the difference between when I lived(Iowa) and there. Everybody was super friendly to us. 
  • Estimated due date: June 21 or 22??? Never had a period after IUD removal but ovulated 3 days later on September 28 or 29. I think I’m 5 weeks. 

STM

Will be finding out ASAP :) 

Baby is the size of an orange seed. 

First appointment is November 6. Hoping I’ll get a dating ultrasound done. 

Feeling ok. Nauseous. Tired. I never had morning sickness with my son so hoping this one will go ok too. 

Rants/Raves: just tired. 

Favorite vacation: either Hawaii or Disney world. I miss vacations. 
  • @artsiefartsie Hopefully your hospital eases some restrictions! One of the two main hospitals in my city is allowing a doula in addition to your one visitor—they prioritized it as soon as they started letting one visitor in again. But it isn’t advertised anywhere, and the published policy only says “one support person/partner.” I didn’t know until my doula told me the hospital could still be an option. If you haven’t asked and are assuming based on an advertised policy, it’s probably worth asking. 

I’m leaning toward a birthing center anyways—I started looking when I didn’t know I could have a doula at the hospital and liked what I found. But it’s nice to know it’s an option.  
  • @nlc_atx That's good to know, I will have to look into it.  Right now the policy is one support person and they are not allowed to leave once you are admitted,  but maybe there is a doula loophole! 
  • MelissaMay82MelissaMay82 member
    edited October 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6/21 5+2  

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Orange seed

Upcoming appointments: U/S on 11/2 and intake with PA on 11/5

How are you feeling?: Super nauseous in the mornings, tired, hungry but no appetite until late in the day, bloated

Rants/Raves: I picked up an extra shift tomorrow, at least it is only 9-2. Hopefully DH gets home from work on time and then I should be home before DD wakes up from her nap

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What has been your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? So hard to pick a favorite. I loved going to Hawaii with my grandmother when I was 18. Boston to Bermuda Norwegian cruise was so fun for your 2nd honeymoon. My favorite spot to go on a regular basis is Nantucket. I would move their in a second if I was rich.

edited because spacing was really weird 
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 16, 2021/ 6 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chocolate chip

Upcoming appointments: first ultrasound is 10/29/2019

How are you feeling?: extremely anxious. Only very mild pregnancy symptoms, absolutely no morning sickness

Rants/Raves: wishing I had stronger symptoms. I struggle with infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss and this pregnancy feels a lot like my previous losses.

Questions: none at this time

GTKY: What has been your favourite vacation? What made it your favourite? Maui “weddingmoon” in June 2016 where my husband and I eloped!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: stm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: blueberry or poprock

Upcoming appointments: 11/2 and 11/13

How are you feeling?: soooo nauseous. I was not this bad with my son and I threw up daily with him

Rants/Raves: I literally eat every hour on the hour or im sick. If im not eating im gagging...I've already gained 3lbs and look huge! 

Questions: what is everyone doing for nausea and exhaustion? Other stms how have you juggled your older child? 

Hawaii! 100%. we went for our 2yr anniversary(and honeymoon cuz we couldn't go prior) and it was the first place I never wanted to leave. Normally after a few days im ready to go home, not there tho.