Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Tuesday 10/20

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Tuesday 10/20

• Options
    With @bows22 being on vacation, I am lonely in my early morning bumping! 

Month/Cycle: 10/3 AL

CD/DPO: 23/7

Timing: -2,-1, O

Typical LP length: 13

Testing: Only if late

R/R: I’m getting weirdly excited planning a dinner for Saturday. It is keeping me busy which is a nice distraction from TTC. 

CS/Q: I was playing with FF this AM and if I switch to FAM detector it moves ovulation to CD 17. Advanced setting gives me dotted CH on CD15, but I’m still convinced it was CD16 based mainly on EWCM on CD 16 and early peaked OPK that morning. I realize it doesn’t really matter, but I don’t want to be two days off and think I am late when I am not. Thoughts? 

• Options
    @fitzfizz Too early for me! I'm barely conscious at 7:30am. As for your FF questions....no idea, sorry. This is why I just do OPKs and avoid thinking about the rest, I'd obsess and drive myself nuts

Month/Cycle: 28/2 AL

CD/DPO: 29/14 (eep)

Timing: -3, -1

Typical LP length: 14-15 days

Testing: maybe tomorrow if my period doesn't show? It's "due" today, though admittedly my cycles are still in the process of shortening down to the normal 26-27 days AL, so it may still be longer than normal

R/R: Done 2 performance narratives! Have 2 more to do, and naturally they're the harder ones....feeling better about the whole process, though. 

CS/Q: No chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    *lurking from WTO*
    @fitzfizz id go with the FAM detector and O on CD17 or evening CD16. My chart actually looks really similar, oddly. 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @fitzfizz I feel like CD16 or 17 could make sense! I’d stick with CD17 if I were you. 

@akoros GL testing tomorrow! And with finishing those performance narratives...that doesn’t sound too fun haha 

Month/Cycle: 11/10

CD/DPO: 27/4

Timing: -2, 0(IUI), +1

Typical LP length: on progesterone so at least 14

Testing: next Friday!

R/R: It is a gross rainy day here. When I woke up I thought it was just foggy, but then when I left for work it was actually misting. Also, when DH and I made our grocery list for the week we completely skipped a meal (lol) so now one of us has to go to the store after work one day this week. Apparently only rants for me this morning!

CS/Q:

• Options
    @akoros I think my brain is only capable of obsessing, as all I can think of reading your update is how much I want you to test! 

@chindimples04 yeah, I think I’m going with late CD16 or CD 17 as it makes more sense with everything taken together. I had had some wine in FW so it is very possible that messed with temps. 

@runningoncookies I also made a huge grocery run yesterday then realized today I missed one thing. At this point I’m feeling lazy so the recipe may just have to be without. 
  • Options
    @fitzfizz I'm getting anxious, but at the same time my RHR hasn't spiked and I haven't had any spotting/implantation bleeding (those happened both times). Also no discernible symptoms, aside from ones I can try to convince myself of, but I also tend to have very slight symptoms. So...that's helping me relax a little! The biggest reason I don't test early and try to put it off is because I'd rather not know if I have a chemical pregnancy and just think my period was a little late. 
  • Options
    @akoros I am having literally the exact same thought process, so I totally get it. Last time I couldn’t wait to test and started way to early. This time I am feeling much more reserved and fully plan to wait even though part of me already wants to start peeing on things. I just really don’t want to know if I have a CP, so I get it. 
  • Options
    Y’all are up so early! I mean, i get up early, get ready abs get to work but i don’t actually start functioning until the 9 or 10 hour 🤪

Month/Cycle:  4/4

CD/DPO: 20/8

Timing: ehhh

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: not unless late...but really, when i get antsy.

R/R: at work today doing phone interviews all morning. So painful. 

CS/Q:

• Options
    akorosakoros member
    edited October 2020
    Forgot a "rant" (and a question at the end): Apparently Pennsylvania was added to DC's list of travel advisory states on Monday, so I guess now I'm supposed to self-quarantine for two weeks. Grrr. I'm wondering if I could avoid that by just getting another COVID test? I want to be safe and not hypocritical, but I need to go grocery shopping (was planning a Trader Joe's run on Friday and my husband won't go there) and my husband also sprung on me that he wants to visit his parents in VA this weekend (haven't seen them since early July). I'm going to tell him to ask his parents about their comfort level, and have no problem staying home if they would rather I not go. FWIW, in PA we had one outing where we bought pumpkins and ate lunch (all masked and were able to keep distance from others; the lunch was unfortunately inside but there was only one other table seated, servers were all masked, and the restaurant had massive doors and windows that were all open so there was lots of fresh air....I still kind of regret it). Am I being too cavalier? I want to do the right thing, but feel badly because my husband finally wants to see his parents after avoiding them for a few months.
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    edited October 2020

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD/DPO: 22/8dpo

Timing: -1,-2. I was on vacation without DH on O but we did the best we could this cycle

Typical LP length: 12 daysish

Testing: trying to hold out until after missed period

R/R: I slept so bad last night and the night before. Our A17S has been climbing in bed with us so much lately and I never sleep well with her there. Feeling zombie like.

CS/Q:

Edited because I answered a question wrong

• Options
    @fitzfizz I see you’re holding us all down with getting the daily threads posted super early, thank you! I’d go with O on CD17, since it usually happens the day after the first positive OPK. 
    @akoros Hope your period stays away! Good luck with the other performance reviews.// Yes, I’d do a Covid test before seeing YH’s parents. But it may be too soon & you could get a false negative. Sounds like you weren’t exposed to too many people while in PA. 
    @runningoncookies How are you feeling with the progesterone? Hope the icky weather dissipates soon. 
    @And846 Good luck surviving the phone interviews!
    @SDSwenson Hopefully the timing was good enough despite your vacation.// I’m not scolding you, but please remember to put a TW or use a spoiler when mentioning children in the dailies. You don’t need to do this if posting in TFAS (Trying For A Sibling). 
    @fitzfizz @akoros TW: Loss mentioned
    I’m always amazed when people would rather not know if they’ve had a chemical PG. I’ve had so many that if I didn’t test I’d just think I couldn’t get PG by this point. Even thought they hurt, it’s reassuring to me that the sperm is indeed finding the egg. Just my two cents on the topic. 

AFM, I’m just happy to have finally gotten CHs & now officially in the TWW!

Month/Cycle: 29/idk

CD/DPO: 23/5

Timing: -5, -4, -1, O 

Typical LP length: Too long now, with progesterone supplementation. About 18 days

Testing: Not sure  

R/R: Rant: MH has been in a snappy mood for 3 days now. I’m going to avoid him today, don’t want to be around his negative energy. Rave: It’s another gorgeous day! I think I will go walk the beach before hunkering down at the computer.

CS/Q:

• Options
    akorosakoros member
    edited October 2020
    @keikilove Yeah, my main hesitation with the test is that it's too early and I may not get the results in time. It was a painless experience last time, so I don't mind getting another, just don't know if it's worthwhile. Also, *TW*
    I think what makes the difference is the losses I've had were later. I definitely know I *can* get pregnant, they implant fine, but they just don't survive. Before my first pregnancy it was different, I wanted to know. Now I'm pessimistic about any pregnancy actually resulting in a healthy baby so I'd rather not get my hopes up any earlier than it needs to be. Pregnancy is also something that is now very stressful for me (and my husband), so if it's not going to last I'd rather avoid that anxiety. That said, everyone is different. 
  • Options
    @And846 I hope the interviews went well and you found a good candidate today!

@akoros when I was in a “quarantine state” over the summer, I knew I hadn’t been exposed to literally anything (never went grocery shopping or interacted with anyone outside my immediate party). I got a COVID test just to be safe, and just made sure that anyone I was around knew the situation before I was near them (that I had been in a quarantine state, was safe/avoided people, and felt fine). 

@SDSwenson sorry you’re feeling tired today. 

@keikilove so far so good! I had a little bit of cramping today (who is typical). Usually I start getting some awesome progesterone side effects after I’ve taken it for a few days. I’m hopeful that I can maybe avoid the mind games I play with myself this time lol!! 
  • Options
    @runningoncookies Thanks! We asked my in-laws, described exactly what I did, and they still want us to come. I'll likely get a test later on this week just in case, but probably won't get the results until after we see them (last time it took 2-3 business days, so to get the results by Saturday I'd want to go in today, which is too soon). 
  • Options
    @runningoncookies thanks! I had only 6 phone interviews today and one of them was omg so bad. 
    Me: tell me something in your last job you were good at.
    Him: i don’t know 
    Me: did you managers ever tell you that you were doing well with a task or project?
    Him: not really.
    🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    @akoros That makes total sense about not testing early, base don your own experiences.  Well, FX that AF stays far far away and you don't have to test at all to know what's going on!
    @And846 I just LOL-ed at your interview.  Sorry you have to sit through convos like that. You could probably use a drink after 6 of those!
  • Options
    @And846 omg. That is so funny. It blows my mind how bad some people are at interviews haha!! 
  • Options
    @keikilove thanks for the reminder. Not sure if that was a TW last time I was posting. Good to know!
  • Options
    fitzfizzfitzfizz member
    edited October 2020
    @And846 I am an early bird for sure. I’m so exhausted in the evenings most of the time that it is harder for me to catch up here at the end of the day. A lot of times I just respond to things the next day. 

@akoros I would wait to test honestly. If you do it now it could be a false negative, and so it wouldn’t really reassure me. If they are willing to take the (small) risk I think it is fine. Nothing is no-risk these days anyway. 

@SDSwenson I also slept poorly last night which is very odd for me. Hope you get some better sleep tonight! 

@keikilove **TW loss and I know people say that a lot but this may actually be triggering** and edited to clarify

I could basically copy exactly what @akoros said. I desperately want to fast forward to a later healthy pregnancy and a baby, but the thought of being first trimester pregnant legitimately terrifies me. Since I know there is a possibility of having the same outcome again, a BPF isn’t really a purely happy thing for me. I know I have to get pregnant to have the end goal, and I feel like I am ready, but it still is unnerving. I basically had the worst case scenario of my body carrying a non-viable pregnancy to the point that we had to terminate, so (I feel awful even typing this) if I have another pregnancy that is non-viable due to a genetic or chromosomal problem, I would rather lose it naturally. I know my body was able to conceive and carry a pregnancy, so it is likely that any early loss would be due to a non-viable embryo and I just don’t know want to know if that is the case. 
  • Options
    @fitzfizz That makes perfect sense as well. The way you feel about first tri is the way I feel about all of pregnancy. PGAL brain SUCKS. 
  • Options
    I'm still here, lurking until AF arrives, keeping tabs on ya'lls. 

@SDSwenson welcome welcome; sorry that you got crappy sleep. I'm in the same boat. 

@And846 Holy @ that interview. 🤣 I can imagine that hiring seasonal staff for a big box department store is quite an experience 

@runningoncookies lol @ "only rants from me"; do you draw a straw to figure out who gets to go to the store?

@keikilove @fitzfizz @akoros
    WFIW, I'm currently in the camp of wanting to know if I have a CP especially since after 9 months of trying, it appears that sperm doesn't find the egg. But I totally get where @fitzfizz and @akoros you're coming from and if I were in your shoes, I'd 💯 be of the same mindset. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• Options
    @acleverusername I went because I was feeling PARTICULARLY nice today so I just stopped on my way home, but usually it is whoever “cares” more. Aka whoever drags their feet about it the least!