April 2021 Moms
Options

MPM wo 10.5

What is everybody making, eating or not eating this week?

Re: MPM wo 10.5

• Options
    I have no plans for the week yet, although I did tell DH yesterday that I want to buy a bunch of veggies and some really good veggie dip that we’ve had before. I feel like I don’t know who I am anymore 😂 I’ve always been all about carbs while pregnant and now I’m like “I’ll have meat and tomato sauce and veggies please.” 🤷🏻‍♀️

I had my dentist appointment this morning for my first ever filling and I was in the vicinity of Panera so I picked some up before I came home. I’ve been craving it since it was the topic of discussion in here a few weeks ago. It’s slow-going because I can’t feel half of my upper lip from being numb but it’s delicioussss!
  • Options
    I think we are having shrimp and rice for dinner tonight and tacos tomorrow. We'll see if it actually happens haha 

This week's craving is spice cake, so i have spice cupcakes in the oven! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cagncoo12 spice cupcakes sound so good! I'm craving ALL the pastries this time around.. 
    Leftovers today and tomorrow (stuffed chicken breast and tri tip). I want to make a one pot lemon chicken that looked so good but DH will probably want to keep chugging through freezer food. 
    @mamabee1113 how were the freshly meals?

• Options
    Whatever my husband makes is the plan. And if it’s yucky, probably cupcakes and popsicles. Tonight, it’s cheese ravioli with marinara sauce. 

@bblair24 my last office was right next door to a Panera and it was trouble!  I ate there way too often. Their green goddess salad is 💯!
    @cagncoo12 tacos sound great!  I got really hungry for Oreo cupcakes over the weekend and made some and they did not disappoint. 
    @aisukurimsarang popcorn shrimp sound amazing!  If I didn’t live nowhere near an ocean, I would probably now be out searching for those. 😂
  • Options
    @bblair24 I had panera for lunch today! How was it? what did ya get?

@BuckeyeNut05 omg oreo cupcakes sound delicious!

I'm being such a weirdo tonight. I just ate two kiwis and sent my DH to the grocery store to make a chopped veggie salad for dinner. I've also been craving milk duds lol. I am all over the place. 
  • Options
    @rexnie same here! I think it was Thursday last week I started to enjoy the taste of coffee again after hating it for the last 7 weeks. And it’s weird, but I swear it was like the same day that morning sickness went from an 8 to a 3. Now it’s just a little queasiness when I get too hungry. I’m not quite back to a more normal diet, but I can tolerate some vegetables now. I’m usually vegan, but I’ve been hating pretty much all vegetables and fruits most of this trimester and was just feeling like I needed protein. I can’t bring myself to eat red meat (no judgement for the carnivores out there!) but I’ve been eating some fish a couple times a week and it’s been going okay. I still don’t have the stomach to do much meal planning so it’s sort of a gamble on this week’s edition of what’s for dinner tonight! 
  • Options
    @theblondebump oh yay for Panera all around! I did the pick two and had the caprese sandwich for lunch and saved my fuji apple chicken salad for dinner. It was soooo good! I want to go back and get something else soon. But we don’t have a daily Panera budget unfortunately. 😂
  • Options
    @theletlers yay I’m glad I’m not alone! It’s so nice to start to enjoy some food again. I still have plenty of other complaints - I’ll put those in the symptoms thread - but this is a big relief. 
  • Options
    @eahayes we get the delivery on 10/10.. it was the soonest they had, ugh! But i'm really looking forward to it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bblair24 I wish I had a daily eating out budget! I am craving my favorite salads but they are $15 (huge and amazing ingredients but uhhh... can't do THAT everyday!)
  • Options
    @bblair24 love the Fuji Apple chicken salad! 
  • Options
    I got groceries at the end of the week so I’m already halfway through our meals planned and none of it sounds good for tonight. We had shredded chicken tacos last night, gumbo that MIL froze for us on Sunday, and spaghetti on Saturday. Left on the list is pizza on the grill, lasagna, and steaks. Neither sounds good so it’ll probably be something from DoorDash tonight. 
  • Options
    @forevertired spaghetti has been SO appealing to me lately. Like I usually love all pasta, but specifically spaghetti (with butter & parm cheese) has been something I’ve been wanting recently 😂
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot I’m a big pasta fan too, but I was specifically wanting the veggies. Like the mushrooms, olives, bell peppers, etc that I usually don’t even like, that’s what I wanted. I love fettuccini with butter and parmesan though. So yummy!
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot me too! Anything with red sauce, noodles and meat and I’m in heaven. I never want spaghetti but could have it weekly right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @eahayes yes I need a daily eating out budget too! I only want food from other places. I pick out things in our grocery orders and then I’m like “mm no, I want french fries.” 😂 I usually just ignore the craving and eat what we already have around here while wishing it was food from whatever restaurant I’m actually wanting! 
  • Options
    aguamalaaguamala member
    edited October 2020
    Okay ladies you are making me hungry! We try to do meal prep but a lot of the times end up winging it since my husband (baby daddy is more particular about his food than me :neutral:) and my cravings change daily.

This week: 
    Monday- Italian sausage with spagetti squash and rice with au jus from the sausage. 
    Tuesday- Tacos al pastor with pineapple, cilantro/onion, salsa verde
    Wednesday- Chicken marinade with cuban black beans and spanish rice 
    Thursday- Probably pizza :) 
    Friday- Maybe burgers?  
  • Options
    @aguamala tacos al pastor are SOOOOO good!  
  • Options
    @Serenamarr so funny! I am not a juice drinker and craving OJ like CRAZY!
  • Options
    I’ve been obsessed with kiwi and eating like two a day. Tonight I was actually craving a little meat so DH and I ordered in from a place that has the best prime rib (and sweet potato tater tots lol). 

I’m still totally unable to plan and have to just go with whatever sounds good in the hour before dinner time haha.
  • Options
    @eahayes when I was pregnant with my girls I HAD to have Welch’s grape juice. All day. Every day. So strange. 

Last night I decided I could really go for some avocado and egg toast, so I had that today for lunch with some turkey bacon, and it did not disappoint!  
  • Options
    @Serenamarr noooooo the egg thing sounds terrible!!! Also, I totally get the weird BBQ sauce thing - with #3 I started craving spicy food and I’ve NEVER liked spicy food ever. I started putting red pepper flakes on EVERYTHING! And even more odd, that taste change lasted right up until I got pregnant with #4 and now spice is no longer appealing what so ever. It’s so odd!!
  • Options
    @eahayes i have been the same with orange juice! 
  • Options
    @cagncoo12 Oh orange juice is such a craving for me! Maybe we need more vitamin c? 
  • Options
    I’m enjoying cooking again! At least simple stuff, which is my baseline. Wahoo

this week’s plan:
    S: Pesto pasta with sautéed peppers and garlic bread
    M: stuffed bell peppers, leftover mashed potato 
    T: pizza takeout (late night of appointments)
    W: home chef tandoori chicken and shallot rice 
    R: home chef beef stroganoff penne with peas and sour cream
    F: home chef jalapeño crusted chicken with corn and zucchini 
    S: not sure yet. Maybe takeout, maybe pan seared salmon and some kind of veg. 

• Options
    @aquamala, same here, and I hate orange juice.