Weekly Check-In 10/12

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):

FTM/STM/STM+:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: no question this week, just make sure you update your info on the spreadsheet, especially if you found out the sex! Then just un-highlight your username/name so we know you’re still here (or add yourself if you never did!) ☺️

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TJo56xBbrguHI-7AukLCYEC4ISQyEzNgf471pUlg8zI/edit?usp=drivesdk

Re: Weekly Check-In 10/12

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 23+3

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby is as tall as a Twizzler

Upcoming appointments: 10/23 for just a quick check & chat

How are you feeling?: Eh. 

Rants/Raves: Amazon Priiiiiime Day is tomorrow! Twice a year I let myself online shop with abandon - black friday and prime day. I'm so excited to get some baby stuff! 

Questions: None this week! Follow up to my Q last week, we're going to do a zoom shower with everyone on at the same time. My very extroverted sister is hosting so she's not worried about it being weird. 

GTKY: updated my info in the spread! 

Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    24+1 team green, third time mom

Appointment next week (regular check-up)

Feeling: not sleeping as well, but that could be due to my dog stealing my body pillow

Raves: I finished my book last night!!!! Home Before Dark it's about a woman that goes back to her childhood "haunted house" to look for the truth about her past. I enjoyed it and think it was a little spooky but not scary

GTKY: I'll see about adding my info if I can figure out out
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 I'm very surprised they aren't getting you in sooner 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
  • Options
    @tamalahoops yay for figuring out your shower plans!
    @hannahbananas11 Friday?! Is that with another OB in the practice, or the one you usually see?
    @jumpy57 sounds like a good book! I have been trying to finish the same “quick read” my sister gave me for...forever. I tell myself I’m going to read in bed before I go to sleep, but I always end up being too tired to read!

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 23+0

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Ear of corn 🌽 

Upcoming appointments: next weds for my 24 wk check up

How are you feeling?: tossing and turning at night. I tried a full length pregnancy pillow and hated it- I missed having an actual supportive pillow under my head and didn’t feel that it supported me anywhere I needed it to. Went back to my between-the-knee pillow, but I’m still up at least 3/4 times a night. 

Rants/Raves: Raves- having “therapy” aka massage before my chiropractor adjustment today! My place has pre-natal massage therapists, so I’m super excited. I have scoliosis and feel like I needed more than just a weekly adjustment, so hopefully I will feel better!

Questions: none!

• Options

@tamalahoops I'd love to hear how your sister is going to run the baby shower. My sister and I are due a month apart and it seems weird to do two zoom showers (one for each of us) so close together with largely the same guest list. If we did a joint one, that also seems weird because we are are throwing our own shower when in a pre-covid scenario we probably would have just planned two seperate showers (i'd plan hers and she would plan mine)? Ugh, COVID makes this so hard! 

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 22+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby is as tall as Mr. Potato Head

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until the end of next week

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Ever since I got past week 12 or so I really have no complaints.

Rants/Raves: As a native Seattle-ite, I am very very happy that the Seahawks are 5-0 (rave) however, I would really appreciate if they would play ONE game where I didn't have concerns about my heart health after ;) My child is going to emerge one stressed football fan! 

Questions:

GTKY: no question this week, just make sure you update your info on the spreadsheet, especially if you found out the sex! Then just un-highlight your username/name so we know you’re still here (or add yourself if you never did!) ☺️Done! 

• Options
    @szwill86 It's with my OB, who isn't back in the office until Thursday. The other OB in the practice is semi-retired, and she's only doing GYN these days. @jumpy57 I was only able to speak with the receptionist since my OB is out of town. I got the feeling that she didn't think it was a huge concern because they on-call OB Friday night sent me home without doing an US then and there. I'm hoping she's right. I'm just so obsessively following my symptoms right now of any round ligament pain or feelings of pressure, anticipating the worst. I hate this kind of anxiety. I wish they would've done an US at the hospital on Friday. It's not like it's invasive or takes much of their time. 
  • Options
    @kkfishy9 oh wow they won??? I was watching the beginning of the game for a bit and they looked terrible! Good for them!
  • Options
    @jumpy57 yes!! They looked terrible in the first half, it was painful. They picked it up in the second half, but then, of course, had to take it down to 4th down with 30 seconds left in the game before they decided to score the touchdown they needed. Heart palpitations ...
  • Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 22+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Guinea pig

Upcoming appointments: Next Thurs for regular check-in with midwife

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, a little trouble sleeping and headaches but nothing major

Rants/Raves: My sister's friend is moving their baby to a crib and gave her their perfect condition Halo Bassinet to give me for free! I'm so stoked, I was on the fence about if I needed to buy one if baby will only use it for a short time but now I can just use it and give it to my sister to use when she has a baby!  

Questions: None

GTKY: no question this week, just make sure you update your info on the spreadsheet, especially if you found out the sex! Then just un-highlight your username/name so we know you’re still here (or add yourself if you never did!) ☺️     Finally logged in on my computer and added myself to the spreadsheet :)

@hannahbananas11It would have been nice to just have the US done when you were in the hospital to be thorough AND give you peace of mind so that sucks they didn't just do it then. I really hope everything goes well for you this week and that you don't have any more symptoms

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 21wks+1day

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ (2 girls already)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: BANANA!

Upcoming appointments: Oct 29th ultrasound to see how baby is growing. Regular check up on Nov 5th

How are you feeling?: Mostly ok. Fairly sassy. Our wedding anniversary is this Sunday so that's a plus. 

Rants/Raves: Still no idea what we're doing for our anniversary. We should have a kid free night which happens  once every few years :( I hate that family (even before COVID) is only around for the kids when it's a Christmas or a birthday. I wish they had grandparents that wanted to see them for more than just a holiday (we only live 20min from both sides even.).

Questions: Nope.

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 23+3

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Apparently at 23 weeks the baby can feel you dancing.

Upcoming appointments: MFM w/US 10/22

How are you feeling?: Great! Movement starts around the same time that I get up, so that's a bonus. Kiddo is a currently morning person (I am not). 

Rants/Raves: Kudos to DH for being extra sweet and snuggly last night. I didn't know that I needed it, but apparently he did!

Questions: When are you planning on starting registries? Anywhere in particular you recommend? (One of my co-worker recommended registering ""everywhere"" for the freebies, but that seems a bit extreme.)

GTKY: no question this week, just make sure you update your info on the spreadsheet, especially if you found out the sex! Then just un-highlight your username/name so we know you’re still here (or add yourself if you never did!) - Done!

Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @tamalahoops - Prime Day is my plan for while DH is watching the Bills vs. Titans game tonight, lol. I'm super curious about the Zoom shower. I attended a Facebook Group shower for one of my friends that had her baby at the end of Spring and it was different, but necessarily in a bad way.

@kkfishy9 - Seattle is also "my team". We were out when the game was on Sunday and I stopped watching because it was pretty painful, lol. I was glad to see they pulled it out in the end. Depending on how tonight's game goes, they'll either be ahead of or tied to DH's Buffalo (currently 4-0). SS17 is a Chicago fan and currently at 4-1. ;) Oh darn.

@babyturtle22 - That's awesome! It's such a good feeling not to have to worry about buying something you were on the fence about to begin with =)
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @WildMagelet I was just thinking about registries. We won’t be having a shower this time so it doesn’t really matter for us. I had definitely started my registry early last time bc I had my shower at 28+2 (the only time all my SILs could make work). I think I’ll start it soon. I will definitely be doing amazon. Probably target too. 
  • Options
    @WildMagelet Same as @moguippy. No shower for me since I'm a STM and don't need anything big. But I've created a registry at Amazon for the completion discount and for family members who still will ask and want to buy us something. When I had DS I had an Amazon registry and a Target registry (different things on them, so that I didn't get duplicates). That worked really well. I created them by the time I had my baby shower, which was in late October (DS was also a February baby).
  • Options
    @WildMagelet I started registries at Amazon & Target. I've been using the amazon registry for a while more as a shopping list than anything else. I decided to do a Target one too since I have a redcard and can stack my 5% discount on top of the completion discount. 

Our friends that had their first baby in June had a zoom shower and it was fun. We've also done a few zoom birthdays in our family so I think it should be successful! I'm just trying not to micromanage my sisters when it comes to planning which is much easier said than done. 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 24 +1

FTM/STM/STM+: stm

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe I think 

Upcoming appointments:oct 28 for repeat scan to get heart image and 26 week check up 

How are you feeling?: heartburn is terrible, sleep is hard to come by and such bad congestion!

Rants/Raves: I bought a glider for the nursery on Prime day! I had a regular recliner for ds and wanted an actual glider in the nursery this time.

Questions: 

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 21w1D

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A banana 

Upcoming appointments: I have my every 4 week appt  coming up next Tuesday. 

How are you feeling?: I am feeling pretty good, gas is an issue, but other than that doing fine. 

Rants/Raves: No rants or raves 

Questions: No questions 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    travandastravandas member
    edited October 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Feb. 2nd / 20+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: Fourth
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Double team pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Baby girls are the size of bananas
    Upcoming appointments: OB 10/21
    How are you feeling?: I'm feeling good!  5 days without Zofran!  Normal pregnancy discomfort especially sleeping at night but not too bad!
    Rants/Raves: I should have become a mechanic...I would save so much money fixing my own cars!  My mini van broke down and I'm pretty sure it might need a new transmission.
    Questions:  None

GTKY: no question this week, just make sure you update your info on the spreadsheet, especially if you found out the sex! Then just un-highlight your username/name so we know you’re still here (or add yourself if you never did!)  Updated!
  • Options
    aaimeeaaimee member
    edited October 2020
    @WildMagelet I have a registry on Amazon and Target. There's some stuff that one sells and the other doesn't. Plus those that don't like buying online can go into Target and get things. In the end, people will get things from wherever so my lists are mostly for me to remember things that I'd like to have. There's also discounts on Amazon for anything still on your list after your due date so that's nice too. 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 good luck at your appointment today! Thinking about you!
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 24 + 4

FTM/STM/STM+:STM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I'm so bad this time around and dont pay attention

Upcoming appointments: just had my second anatomy scan to get the spine since baby didn't want to cooperate. she still was a struggle this time, but at least they got it.

How are you feeling?: pretty good for pregnancy, just tired. 

Rants/Raves: rant: i'm so frustrated by my fasting sugar #'s. I had to up my medicine again this time because my fasting number is still high. OYYYYYYYYYYEEEE> 

Questions: no questions :)

GTKY: no question this week, just make sure you update your info on the spreadsheet, especially if you found out the sex! Then just un-highlight your username/name so we know you’re still here (or add yourself if you never did!) ☺️

Updated!

as far as registry goes, I did amazon and target last time as well, for the same reasons as above. That way people could shop in store if they wanted, or online. I also went to buy buy baby to physically look at items but then added them to my amazon registry. (our BBB was too far away to actually feel like making a registry there)

• Options
    @hannahbananas11 So glad to hear! 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 yay! Great news!
  • Options
    Thats awesome @hannahbananas11 !! 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 great news!!! Enjoy the weekend now!
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 - Enjoy the stress-free weekend!
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Options
    Woohoo! Great news! @hannahbananas11
  • Options

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 22 weeks 4 days

FTM/STM/STM+: fourth time mom!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I have no idea 

Upcoming appointments: just had an OB appt in Tuesday, all is well. I’m seeing a new OB this pregnancy vs. my three others and since I have a history of GD with my second pregnancy, she is making me do an early glucose at 24 weeks.... first, she wanted me to do one at 24 and one at 28. no. not doing it. 

How are you feeling?: very tired 

Rants/Raves: it’s been a rough few weeks. I’m getting more tired, work is very stressful and draining, I’m taking one online class and my kiddos are so busy. 

Questions: none 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @roadspeckle I'm also getting more tired 😭 I thought I had more time
  • Options
    birdiejobirdiejo member
    edited October 2020
    @roadspeckle my practice has everyone doing glucose at 24 weeks! I haven’t done it this early before but hoping I don’t fail the one hour for the third time. I usually fail and then pass the 3. I don’t want two glucose drinks this time around ! 
  • Options
    @birdiejo all of the practices in the area got rid of 1hr and started doing 2hr for that reason. I’m so sorry! FX to us that we pass and if not I’ll try not to cry like I did the first time lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker