June 2021 Moms
Options

GTKY Monday 10/19

What nicknames have people called you throughout your life? 
Weither it be from work, your family, school etc, Let’s hear them! 

Re: GTKY Monday 10/19

• Options
    I've never gone by nicknames. When I was little (around 2-3), people tried to call me Nikki but I would yell at them or refuse to answer. MH insists on calling me gordita... it technically means little fatty in Mexico, but it's used as a pet name (for anyone, not based on weight). NOT my favorite term of endearment but I guess it stuck. 
  • Options
    I have/had quite a bit of nicknames in my lifetime. At my last workplace I had a few nicknames. Our boss called me 5 and some of my co workers called me Minty-Mindy as minty green color was my fave
    They also called me Mindy Mingles lol

At my current job, my boss and co workers call me Mincy or Mince lol Also, my DH calls me cupcake. 

@nlc_atx I used to have a Spanish roommate and as soon as you said Gordita I knew exactly what that meant. I started laughing lol Sorry he calls u that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nlc_atx those Spanish nicknames 😂😂

@mindyb2019 youve got some good nicknames!! 

My family calls me Chuleta (porkchop) 🙈
  • Options
    You all have such cute nicknames! 

My name is Jessica, my cousin when she was a baby could just say "Jekka" and it stuck.

Years later my nephew shortened it again to "Caca" so I'm often lovingly called Aunt Caca 😒😆
  • Options
    mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited October 2020
    @artsiefartsie Aunt Caca 🤨😆🤣 
  • Options
    I lovingly referred to myself as Mia (which is vaguely a combo of my first and middle names) and that kinda started with a guy friend and I dropped it when my then bf tried to call me Mia lol. 

H calls me Sweet Pea or MILF (you can guess which one I prefer 😂😂) 
  • Options
    DH calls me The Bunny because he was patting me on the head once years ago and I said "why are you patting me, I am not a bunny." 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @mc0303 I like chuleta! I love most spanish nicknames, especially for kids so I'm looking forward to whatever we end up calling the baby. 

I asked once why I got stuck with gordita and he said it was because his best friend and his wife call each other flaco/flaca so that was taken.  :D
  • Options
    @nlc_atx yeah flaco and gordo are already taken in our family 😂 My 1 yo is ‘el chiquito bonito’
  • Options
    emwj10187emwj10187 member
    edited October 2020
    My Name is Emily - Nick names include Em, Emmy, Emmer, & EmJ (based on my maiden name)

DH calls me Butt lolol
    \

• Options
    I grew up as MelB (way before the spice girls existed). Most people call me Mel.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• Options
    I hike a lot, so I have been given the trail name, Razor. My name is quite long but have never shortened or been given a nickname. But now all my friends call me Razor, so I answer to that more than anything. 
  • Options
    @artsiefartsie My BFF is named Erica and we call her Caca (baby will call her Auntie Caca) so I love that! 

I've been Maggie, Mags, Magnolia, Magpie. My nieces and nephews call me Auntie Elmo.

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Options
    My nickname is Oreo or Orie. From when my little brothers couldn't say my name right. And it stuck. 

• Options
    Kate, Katie, Kaitlin, little e (maiden name)