December 2020 Moms

10.4 - 10.10 Weekly Randoms

Getting to the home stretch!!
DS born 2016

Re: 10.4 - 10.10 Weekly Randoms

• @autumn87654321 finding the right thing to drink out of is definitely the key to staying hydrated!  I've got a big Yeti tumbler that I love, my Bubba with a straw is still stuck at work.  I'm kind of afraid that it will be super gross whenever I get it back...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • @autumn87654321 If I have a straw or sport top I drink way more!
    DS born 2016
  • I agree, finding the right cup is awesome. We got me a huge bubba from target when we found out, and I’ve been using it every day. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • I may be heading to urgent care 🤦🏼‍♀️ baby is fine. I accidentally kicked my pinky toe into the edge of the bathroom door really hard this morning. It still hurts to put any pressure on it, I can barely bend it, and it looks slightly discolored. So I think I broke it 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m just not sure if going to get it looked at is worth it, since it’s just my pinky toe. I can walk, I just have to be careful with my foot. I’m home today and DH just got off work, so he’ll be home soon. 
  • @dreamscapes_ Can you wrap it? I think that’s all they will do otherwise :(
    DS born 2016
  • @dreamscapes_
    oh no! That’s the worst! My mom broke her little toe a few years ago and I don’t think went to the doctor, and I think that was a mistake(she may not have been insured).  I’m not sure they can do much about it but they hopefully they can help you immobilize  it and give you a good ice-elevate plan so it heals better than my moms poor toe. 
  • I went to my OBs "Birth Planning Seminar" earlier this evening and realized 2 things.

1) I really didn't need to go. The point of it is to cover general info (when to call about labor, answer Qs about interventions, specific recommendations for what to pack and how to work with hospital staff) and since this is baby #3, I really didn't learn anything new 🤷‍♀️

2) I am still disappointed and not quite over being declined for the birth center. I'm sure a hospital birth will be fine, but there were some options at the BC I was really interested in (like a water birth) that are not at all options at the hospital.
    image     image
  • @mom_of_the_vogels a water birth sounds amazing from what i've read. Any chance they would reconsider the birthing center for you?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @jbal918 @autumn87654321 It’s doing better today, so we think I just jammed it pretty good. I can bend it now, whereas last night, I couldn’t. 

@mom_of_the_vogels Why did they decline you for the birthing center? I know you mentioned it, but I can’t remember. 
  • @babymakes9 @dreamscapes_ I'm pretty sure I'm a hard pass because I have enough minor concerns that they add up to an overall risk level that they won't accept. Things like weight, forceps and excessive tearing in my first labor, and a neuro condition that is well managed but unusual. Each on it's own is not a deal breaker, but in concert the midwives at the BC think a hospital with closer monitoring is a better option.
    image     image
  • @mom_of_the_vogels that makes sense. I’m choosing to stick with a hospital birth for the monitoring as well, given my own health issues. 
  • Was looking to get a second carseat base for DH's car on facebook marketplace and ended up scoring a carseat, base, and stroller caddy for $45! It literally looks like it was used maybe twice and doesn't expire until Jan2024. Just need to buy the infant insert for the carseat off the manufacturer's website!
  • @mom_of_the_vogels are you certain your hospital doesn’t have a water birth tub option? Most do and just are not advertised/ not many people use them! 
  • @feather_heather Please be careful buying car seats from people! I don’t want to be “that person” but it makes me nervous because you never know if there was an accident or unseen damage to the seat. 
    DS born 2016
  • @tryingktogku I am positive. We have 2 hospital systems that are pretty competitive and they brag that they have tubs in some birthing suites for labor only, no water births are allowed due to liability issues.
    image     image
  • @mom_of_the_vogels Actually now that you say that, my hospital has a tub to labor in but we also can not give birth in it that I’m aware of. 
    DS born 2016
  • @mom_of_the_vogels  Lol American things are so weird to me sometimes! Would you consider labour I g but not delivering in a tub? Still very beneficial! 
  • When I was laboring at home with #1 (12 hours at home) I went from tub-shower-ball and it was so helpful! 
  • @tryingktogku I absolutely would/will if one of the fancy suites is available. And we do have some pretty insane "standard" practices here. Luckily I have an amazing provider team who doesn't treat pregnancy like a disease or labor like an emergency (unless it actually becomes one.) The Birth Center was actually opened by my providers as a separate, but inherently linked, business because they have such a different approach to birth than the hospitals. 
    image     image
  • @jbal918 - I made sure to ask her if the carseat or base had ever been in a car accident and she said no. I would hope someone wouldn't lie about that just to make $40 (when I looked up the address it was a $1.5mil house - so I don't think she needed the $40 that badly lol)