May 2021 Moms

Symptoms Thread 10/10

How far along are you?

How are you feeling this week?

*skipping the GTKY here since they’re in all the other threads*

Re: Symptoms Thread 10/10

• 10 weeks today and still just nauseous all the time!
  • 8+4 and starving ALL THE TIME. I feel like all I think about is food and what I'm going to eat next. This is completely different than last pregnancy when I had to force myself to eat. Also the exhaustion has set in this week and I feel like I could sleep all the time.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • 10+3 and still nauseous all the time too. The only time I’m not, is when I’m eating. But nothing in my house sounds good, I just want to go get sushi, cheeseburgers, fries, and any other food not in my house. 
    But! I have started to get some of my energy back, and my house is looking more reasonable. Or at least as reasonable as a house with 3 full time and 2 part time children can be. Though I am not as patient with some things as I normally am, like when I tell my kids to do something like take the garbage out and they say ‘why?’. I’m not taking any attitude from the older ones, and I think they’ve figured that out. I feel kind of like a tiger sometimes...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• 8+5. Still super nauseous, I only have one more Zofran left. I didn’t realize my OB office closes at noon on Fridays so I called too late 😫 I’m legit nervous for what my weekend is going to look like. 

Also sore boobs, insomnia and more nausea. I hate 1st tri, 
  • @SkilledSailor I hear spearmint is supposed to help with nausea. I keep a pack of spearmint Altoids in my car and they seem to help. I’m sure the tea would help too, and of course the actual fresh herb. Good luck this weekend.

• @SkilledSailor I hear spearmint is supposed to help with nausea. I keep a pack of spearmint Altoids in my car and they seem to help. I’m sure the tea would help too, and of course the actual fresh herb. Good luck this weekend.
    Unfortunately my body now associates most tricks with nausea so I gag when I do them. Peppermint gum, ginger ale, plain crackers, these pregnancy chews I got. After last week's thread I did order the nausea wrist bands. They're being delivered today :) 
  • mimsermimser member
    edited October 2020
    I'm 8w3d. I seem to feel better today, my stomach feels pretty comfortable and I hate that I feel disappointed about it. But I also never had the nausea so bad so I'll take that. My last pregnancy I remember my symptoms diminishing at the same point and that wasn't indicative of anything so I feel ok about it. 

Last week, I was having some twitches in my thigh and somebody mentioned it may be lack of magnesium. I started eating pumpkin seeds daily and it improved over a couple of days and today I never noticed it!

I am starving most of the day, so I try to eat every 2-3 hours and that has been working for me I think. But 3 hours is pushing it 😅
  • @SkilledSailor maybe give lemon heads a go! 

@mimser glad the pumpkin seeds help!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• 9 weeks today. I'm so over throwing up. It just keeps getting worse 😭 hoping it eases in the next few weeks. I miss food. 

@mimser glad the pumpkin seeds are helping! 
  • I had some terrible stabbing pain in my lower left side earlier. It lasted a while. I think it might be gas pains bc I ate half a large popcorn at the movies earlier. 😬
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• 8+2 im tired, all the time. Nausea isnt too bad unless i go too long without eating..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited October 2020
    So I’m almost 11 weeks, and last night when I was sleeping on my back I could feel the uncomfortable weight of the baby on my lower back. This doesn’t usually happen to me until 14 weeks. But I’m also heavier than my other pregnancies thanks to covid (shakes fist). So I’m hoping it’s just due to my chubby belly. I’m really happy for everyone here having twins, but tbh, that is my fear. It would be a lot. We already have 3 kids, and I take care of 2, if we had twins I would have to get a new, bigger suv. (Highlander here). And I can’t imagine taking care of 4 kids under the age of 4. I know it can be done, I’d just prefer not to, lol. 

• @yellingbanana having twins was a fear of mine too but one I'll have to face  :D  This probably won't make you feel any better especially since everyone and every pregnancy is different but the only reason I know is because I saw them on the ultrasound. I don't feel any different (other than just feeling pregnant in general). Obviously that doesn't really matter and is just anecdotal but just try not to freak until you have your ultrasound because that's really the only way you'll know!
  • My temperature is running warm: like between 99.3 and 99.7. anyone else experiencing this?? I have my first appointment Friday so I'll ask. I was worried I had covid
  • ec1212ec1212 member
    edited October 2020
    @moquat I’m running a couple degrees warmer than usual for me, (which is in the 96s, so I’ve been in the 98s). 
  • @moquat @ec1212 I've been feeling hot at night the past couple of nights too
  • We’re down into the 40s/50s at night now and I’m sleeping with the windows still open! My husband was always the hot one and now he’s going around shutting windows and putting on sweatshirts. 
  • @moquat I’ve been running warm, I’ve noticed when they take my temp as I enter buildings etc. I thought progesterone made your temp higher so I assumed it was that. 
  • I'm 8+4, and experiencing all the crazy dreams, (thankfully mild) nausea, nothing sounds appetizing to eat, exhaustion, and non-stop crying. Oh, also, I'm cold all the time.
  • 8+1

i feel like crap. Not nauseous enough to vomit. But nauseous enough to not be able to finish dinner because I can’t stand the smell. I started burping which usually means I’ll be gagging soon. Also I’m thirsty but most thinks just aren’t very settling, including water. I think I’m gonna try some water enhancers. Last time I survived on Powerade but that’s off limits now with diabetes. Maybe I’ll be able to find Powerade flavor enhancers. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @moquat
    I haven't checked my temp but I've been so. freaking. hot. Progesterone does keep your temp up at least to post-ov levels (if you chart temps, it drops a little when you start your period - one of the preg signs is it stays up). Also I just read that hcg can mimic thyroid hormone, and more thyroid = hotter (and faster metabolism, which I do NOT have). 

• @moquat you should probably get tested to be on the safe side. But I’m running about 1.5 degrees warmer than usual; usually 97.0, lately  I’m 98.5.

@mrosek91 also freezing! Especially if I’m sleepy. 

And to all my nauseas ladies out there... It gets better. I’m 11+2 and feeling so much better the last couple of days. There is hope! 

• @mkc3888 I find the only thing that really settles for me is ice water like freezing cold ice water. Anything less than brrr cold ice water makes me more nauseous. 
  • @yellingbanana I hope you’re right! I’m 10+3 today and just waiting for the other side of this hahaha
  • This is fun. So nauseous that if I talk for too long I start dry heaving. Last night I started in the middle of reading my kid a book before bed and kept having to take breaks and now I just got off a 10 minute call where I did most of the talking and I almost had to hang up on the person because it started again. 
  • @gusgus14 Oh no, that's awful!!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• ec1212ec1212 member
    edited October 2020
    Coffee has stopped working. Yesterday was the first time in a couple weeks I had to nap during the day, and I'm looking at all the clean laundry I washed almost a week ago, with no motivation to put it away. I'm 10 wks tomorrow. Literally counting the days to 2nd tri. Maybe I'll get lucky and even get energy back by 12 weeks so only 14 more days of feeling useless.

I was so hoping I'd be one of those women who just loved being pregnant but from where I sit, I can't imagine doing this again. Especially since the next time around I could have ALL the symptoms, not just exhaustion and food aversions. 

ETA: I also hate complaining because I feel so lucky that we got pregnant at our ages (41 and 43). It's such a blessing, but being so tired keeps me from enjoying it 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time is during or after an appointment where I see the bb and feel like it's all worth it. Someone wake me up in 2 weeks?
  • @ec1212
    Ugh, me too. Coffee stops having an effect on me the moment I get pregnant. I love the part later in the pregnancy where you can feel the baby moving. This part blows.

• @ec1212 I feel the same way. I thought I would be someone who loved being pregnant but I just don't. I love when I can feel the baby and hear the heartbeat, but even though my last pregnancy was very uncomplicated and normal, I didn't enjoy the way it made me feel. But I would do it a million times over for my sweet boy and I can't wait to meet this little one. 
  • @ec1212 and @spartan4life pregnancy amnesia is a real thing. They hand you your newborn and you're ready to do it all again. It makes zero sense.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t I told my husband a couple days ago that I think the Men in Black must show up with their wand in the delivery room. 

If I didn’t have to work, this would all actually be fine. So here’s hoping we hit the lottery. 😂
  • @texas_t it is!! I was just talking with a co-worker about that. I feel like I only really remembered the fun parts about being pregnant until I saw those two lines again and it all came rushing back 😂 
  • @ec1212 Don't feel bad.  My opinion is pregnancy blows.  I mean I'm thankful to be pregnant and have a baby soon, but the pregnancy part is not my favorite.  Last time I was sick the whole time and only felt the baby move once my entire pregnancy.  

My energy is starting to come back, but my ability to tolerate smells for long periods of time is nil.  This stinks because I'm the main cook at home.  I think I'll be cooking more outside since it doesn't smell as strong.  nausea is slowly creeping in, mostly in the above situation when cooking.  I got zofran at my last appointment and told my OB that last pregnancy I vomited until the day I had the baby and he gave me 4 refills.  I guess he felt sorry for me.  Last time I just tried to deal with it, but not this time.  Last time I only got one prescription at a time with no refills.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Thank you all ladies. I’ve been looking forward to being pregnant almost my entire life. So I’ll just also look forward to this part being behind me and turning my complaints into gratitude for this little life I’m creating. Mind over jiggly, exhausted matter. 😂
  • Pregnancy isn’t fun. And the amnesia is real. But when you hold your baby for the first time, that deepest love feeling you get is what makes you want more! 
    So here I am with #4... 

• I haven’t had more than 6 hours sleep/night the past several days 😩 I keep waking up at 3 am and lay there for hours trying to get back to sleep! Wtf.
  • I've been the same @ckmb_1250....