Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday 10/7

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the month if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What was your all time favorite childhood Halloween costume?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday 10/7

• I wanted to go ahead and start this tonight while I was thinking about it. Who knows if I would remember tomorrow 😂

When do you think you will start TTC? As always... maybe this month 😬

What brings you to WRW? I really want baby #4 but there are a whole host of reasons why I don’t feel like it’s a good idea. The reasons plaguing me today 1) DH is applying for a promotion that would mean moving if he got it 2) I still haven’t lost all of my postpartum weight from baby #3

Any R/R? Watering my grass is the bane of my existence right now. I want an irrigation system. 

GTKY: What was your all time favorite childhood Halloween costume? I must have been a witch 5 Halloweens in a row. Hocus Pocus rocked my world 😂
  • @doodleoodle thanks for starting this! I like your “todays reasons are” lol do you have a really big lawn? Is that why it’s annoying? 

When do you think you will start TTC? 
    Anytime between now and July 2021 but more narrowed down between March 2021-June 2021

What brings you to WRW?
    I feel ready and excited to take the plunge to TTGP but there are a few things I want to do in my pre-mom life still 
    1. Travel more (but this one we now consider “checked off”
    2. We’d like to do Disney one more time just us (as sad as that sounds, we love it 😂) but that’s looking very unlikely with the pandemic so we’re fine with skipping this as we’ve done it before
    3. I’d like to lose a good chunk of weight before trying but if it doesn’t happen it’s not a biggie
    4. Glastonbury Music Festival - this is the major one that’s stopping us. We got tickets for this past June and it was obviously cancelled. Our tickets roll over to next year but if it gets cancelled again we’re calling it quits and just going to start trying, maybe NTNP but most likely try. We should find out March-ish time

sorry if this was boring to read 😂 figured I’d lay it all out since we’re now switching to weeklys 

Any R/R?
    Rant - I don’t know why but I just feel so sad and gloomy today. I couldn’t even tell you what’s bothering me.
    Rave - I have a busy work day today 7am-10pm 🙃 but I have off tomorrow and Friday so yay! Looking forward to that 

GTKY: What was your all time favorite childhood Halloween costume? 
    Uhm I guess my favourite would be when I was Gary the snail from spongebob. I think I just mainly like how creative I got with it lol I even spray painted an old backpack as my “shell” lol 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @jackie_dunny yes! It’s driving me nuts. Even if I only water each “zone” for 20 minutes it takes a good 3 hours to water it all. We just put some seed down too so I’m having to water it every day.

It’s a mess here. You definitely don’t want to come anytime soon. We previously tried to go to WDW every year but we probably won’t go for another 2-3 lol I don’t even like leaving the house still

i would not have pegged you for a spongebob fan. Your Gary costume sounds awesome!
  • @doodleoodle I’m sure you have a lawn maintenance routine down, but I have read that water less often (but longer duration) makes the grass more drought resistant. Although, with seeds, yeah, gotta keep that watered. My SO reseeded the grass earlier this summer and then the next day we had a 3 day heat wave  :D miraculously, the grass still sprouted but we must have watered it 3x a day. 

@jackie_dunny I had a list of things I wanted to do pre kid too (like learning a second language), and finally I decided that if I haven’t figured out all of those goals yet, I either never will or I can figure it out with children somehow lol maybe not helpful? 

When do you think you will start TTC? Probably when there’s a covid vaccine? Or spring 2021 either way. Though we have thought maybe ntnp just this cycle and see what happens. Only because having a summer/water sign baby is the last horoscope & season as far as the rest of our bdays go 😅

What brings you to WRW? A lot of people in my life seem to be pregnant or have newborns right now. Just feeling the returning baby fever, but don’t want to tell friends & family in real life because I don’t need added pressure to go for it 

Any R/R? Nothing much 

GTKY: What was your all time favorite childhood Halloween costume? I was a princess probably 4 years in a row when I was little. My favorite one was this beautiful gold dress, with gold accessories. It felt so lavish. Looking back at photos as an adult & realized it was an adult size skirt my mom cut arm holes out of 😂 I wore it over regular clothes. 
  • @tumbleweed-1 I’m so surprised it sprouted! 3x a day sounds rough. I know you’re supposed to water 2x a day once you put seed down but I’ve only been able to get to it once a day. 😬 hope it works out. I usually water once a week. In the early morning I’ll do half the lawn and then in the late afternoon/evening I’ll do the other half. 

We’re thinking hard about ntnp this month as well. If we conceived this month then #3 and #4 would only be one year apart in school. This is the last month to conceive that that will be true of.

Your princess costume plot twist is too much for me 😂☠️
  • tumbleweed-1tumbleweed-1 member
    edited October 2020
    @doodleoodle one of my sisters is 14 months younger than I am. We are very close. My other siblings and I have 5+ yr age gaps. I didn’t want back to back pregnancies, but also I don’t want 4-5 years between kids. I’ll probably only have 2 kids - maybe 3. But,  :( all things coronovirus is giving me cold feet.

edit- I forgot to add that the GTKY was fun! It made me think about all of my childhood costumes and how they looked/the quality vs how I felt about them 
  • Sorry I posted and ghosted yesterday! It was a busy work day and timing posting here is tricky with the time difference lol 

@doodleoodleyour lawn sounds huge! I don’t think our backyard is anywhere big enough to have “zones” 😂 we originally wanted to do Disney every year as well (even if it was just Disneyland Paris) but that’s looking very unlikely. To be honest, I’m not THAT big of a spongebob fan, my friend group at the time just wanted to go as spongebob characters so I picked Gary lol 

@tumbleweed-1 I’m not sure if it’s so much “goals” that we have or things to check off our “bucket list” kind of but I definitely see what you’re saying. At the beginning of 2019 hubby and I were continuously saying “we’ll start trying when we get more done” so one day I was just like okay but what specifically do we want to get done and that’s what we came up with. We had everything checked off the list to be “done” this year but coronavirus ruined it all (obviously). Supposed to go to Morocco in April, the festival in June, family
    visit to Paris in August, and Disney World in October/November. Everything was booked except Disney because we still had time and everything slowly but surely got cancelled lol oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️ Omg you’re princess dress story has me dying 💀😂 I was picturing this elaborate costume and then it was just an adult skirt 😂 amazing! I would love to see a picture!
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @tumbleweed-1 i totally get covid making you anxious. We have only left our house/yard for well checks since March. DH still goes into the office but the kids and I have been staying home. So I’m obviously taking it very seriously. However, I look at it like this, there has been a health crisis every few years: sars, h1n1, bird flu. And as long as people keep consuming animals I’m pretty sure we’re going to keep having these illnesses. The spacing of your kids will be the spacing of your kids long after this pandemic is over. 🤷‍♀️
  • @doodleoodle wow haven’t left the house at all? I’m so sorry, that really sucks! Have you had anyone over? In the UK, we were allowed to have a “bubble” so we could see the same people and go into each other’s houses and didn’t have to social distance (as if we lived in the same household) but you could only choose one other household and they could only choose you as well. 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @doodleoodle wow haven’t left the house at all? I’m so sorry, that really sucks! Have you had anyone over? In the UK, we were allowed to have a “bubble” so we could see the same people and go into each other’s houses and didn’t have to social distance (as if we lived in the same household) but you could only choose one other household and they could only choose you as well. 
    We’re allowed to do whatever we want here and that’s the problem. Our neighbors, friends, and family are all acting business as usual. We have had some socially distanced, outdoors visits with a few others but they agreed to wear masks and socially distance... and then they went took off their masks within minutes and were trying to get too close to my kids. So we’re not doing those anymore. I’d love a bubble!!
  • @doodleoodle yes the rules are so
    important! Everyone wants to go back to normal but we’re never going to be able to until things are at least being somewhat controlled. The UK was on a proper lockdown for a long time (basically what you’ve done for yourself except people would get fines and stuff if they broke the rules) and it’s slooooooowly increased. Like literally the smallest changes but it’s better than nothing. The bubble was the first big change. The current law is now 6 people (unless your bubble is already over 6 than that’s fine) so we can now mix households but see no more than 6 people at a time (indoors and outdoors) and laws have changed locally. Like, certain cities have gone into a “local lockdown” instead of the whole country having to go back. I like that they’re changing rules nearly day by day based on how the country is currently doing but it’s hard to keep up sometimes lol I really wish America could get its act together so I can go home for a visit lol I wonder if the people downplaying the virus know that the rest of the world is rolling their eyes and laughing at them
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• I am so jealous! I know so many people that traveled to Florida during this summer while Florida was literally the epicenter for the virus. People are now talking about how they won’t wear masks while passing out candy or while they’re walk their kids around for trick or treat on Halloween. So now my kids don’t get to trick or treat. It’s bullshit. I’d love to get back to life so if people could just wear a mask and you know, stop having huge weddings (which is seriously a thing that’s still happening) that would be greeeaaaat.
  • @jackie_dunny I can’t even imagine how frustrating it is having all of the events you’ve bought tickets for be canceled. We are bummed that annual events we typically do aren’t happening, but we hadn’t paid for them already. I hope you got reimbursed or that it carries over to next year (or the one after that...) 

@doodleoodle we have people around here that aren’t taking mask wearing, distancing,  etc seriously either. The whole “you can wear a mask for your safety, but I don’t want to wear one” sentiment is super annoying. Ok, yeah, I can wear one. But my child is under the age of 2, so he can’t make that choice. That’s why adults need to just do right by the safety guidelines 
  • @doodleoodle my biggest frustration on the whole mask thing are people who are all gung-ho on “wear a mask! Social distance!” And shame people for not doing it.....but then have parties and don’t wear a mask or social distance and they’re like “but it’s my best friends and family so it’s okay!” Like, uh what? You just shamed so and so for doing the SAME THING! Hypocrite 🙄

@tumbleweed-1 luckily everything got reimbursed/changed over. Morocco was pushed back to a Greece trip for mid-September and then a week before we were supposed to go, that island in Greece was put on the quarantine list but luckily DH found a different Greek island that wasn’t on the list for a week later (they’ve had ONE case the entire time!) so we got to go to that. Paris my family had sorted but they got their money back and the festival tickets got automatically rolled over to next year, hence why were holding out on TTC. If it goes ahead we’ll try after that but if it’s cancelled again we’re just going to start trying (or NTNP if it gets pushed to later in 2021)
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• doodleoodledoodleoodle member
    edited October 2020
    @tumbleweed-1 exactly. Also masks aren’t but 100% effective so how about we all wear them so they’re more effective? But people don’t want to “live in fear”. I hope these same people stop washing their hands, stop wearing seatbelts etc. I wouldn’t want them to live in fear 🙄

on an unrelated note- you silently shamed me into watering my grass twice a day lol

@jackie_dunny YES! Everyone is someone’s family.. that’s one of the main ways viruses spread 🤦‍♀️ My best friend is a big mask shamer. My sister sent me screenshots of my BFF being tagged in pictures of a huge backyard party full of maskless people. It would have been impossible to socially distance. 

What did you do while you were in Greece? I’ve always wanted to go.

I just wanted to add that DD3 was born in February just when all of this was getting started. Which is part of the reason I’m so passionate about it. I really feel like part of my personal postpartum recovery is getting support and socializing so that it’s not all about my kids 24/7, but i haven’t been able to do that. 
  • @doodleoodle we went to an all inclusive resort so just swam in the sea, chilled by the pool, and ate lots of Greek food 😂 I speak a little Greek so it was nice to be able to use it and practice speaking it with everyone - nothing touristy, we’ve both been to Greece before just not together so we weren’t too bothered. Plus just floating in the Mediterranean Sea with the view of the Greek mountains was culture-y enough for me 😂 because it’s usually so cold in the UK, Greece is the standard “beach vacation” for Brits which I can definitely get used to lol 

I’m so sorry you haven’t been able to get the support and socializing that you need. That must be so hard, I can’t imagine it. Do you have any sort of outlet? 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @doodleoodle I hope your grass seeds sprout soon and grow quickly! Then you can go back to watering once a week. 

I feel like I could rant forever about all things pandemic related that are a bummer, so maybe I’ll just stop 😅 Should I start the next thread (when we get to Wednesday)? 
  • @tumbleweed-1 yeah that’s a good point 😂 I’m happy for you to start it! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny that sounds perfect! I’m so jealous. That’s interesting about Greece being the standard beach vacation. My husband lived in Italy for years and always said Spain was the standard beach vacation there. 

Sorry to be such a downer, ladies lol I guess I was just having a moment. What are you all doing for Halloween? We’re still dressing up but are having a Halloween party just the 5 of us. With a scavenger hunt for candy, pizza, Halloween shows, a viewing of WDW Halloween fireworks of years passed, and I bought this really cute witch hat ring toss game. I think it should be really fun.
  • I’m not sure what our Halloween plans are exactly, but we are staying home. We moved into a house this summer (been in apartments until now). I don’t know if we’ll get trick or treaters. I might leave a bowl of candy out, or find a creative way to pass it out safer. We’ve talked to DS about dressing up, but since we aren’t going anywhere, it would just be so I have photos of it. 😂 I’m excited that he’s old enough to do some art projects or “help” with baking. Maybe I’ll think of an activity we can do.
  • jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited October 2020
    @doodleoodle yeah Spain is another popular one! I meant it as, Brits will go to Spain or Greece or the like but not do touristy things. Just go to the hotel/resort and beach 

Unfortunately, Halloween isn’t that big over here. Everyone says they wish it was but then don’t participate in anything 🙄 I’ve spent the last four Halloweens here and we’ve had ONE trick or treater. TOTAL. 😩 I LOVE Halloween! We’re having a “party” with a few of our friends (can’t have more than 6 people, including ourselves, might be naughty and have 7 though 🤫) we’re dressing up in a “couples” costume. I’ll post a picture of us after Halloween and see if anyone can guess what the costume is 😂 

@doodleoodle your Halloween sounds SO fun! I would love that! Can’t wait to have LOs to get all dressed up and excited! 

@tumbleweed-1 congrats on house living! Bet you’re loving all the extra space! How exciting that your DS is old enough to do more inclusive activities with! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny that reminds me that a few years ago my sister tried to do a Brexit couples costume with her bf. It didn’t go over well. They had to explain to every person: what their costume was, then what “brexit” was, and even what the EU is 😬 lol 
  • @tumbleweed-1 oh god 😂 also I’d love to know how one dresses as “Brexit” lol 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @tumbleweed-1 how old is your son again? Baking a fun Halloween treat sounds like a good idea. I might steal it lol some people have talked about using a pvc pipe as a chute for candy, but a bowl sounds so much easier. I’ve decided I’m not passing out candy because so many of our neighbors decided they aren’t wearing masks when they pass out candy and I’m petty 😂

@jackie_dunny living on the wild side! 😂 would your neighbors think you were total freaks if you decorated the outside of your house for Halloween? I just can’t imagine living in the UK and not decorating with all of the Harry Potter stuff. 
  • @doodleoodle yes they do! I put my decorations out every year on October 1 and every year I get the same comment “iT’s ToO eArLy!”  because they don’t put anything out until the night before or the morning of and it’s usually just like, a pumpkin. Not even a jack o lantern. Just a tiny pumpkin. 🙄 I didn’t get any comments this year though because I think they had remembered from last year lol (my second Halloween in this house) my one neighbor also decorates their window quite cool-ly but that’s it. Just the one window lol better than nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny October 1st too early?! Nonsense. I always put our fall decorations the first day of fall. And I let me older girls put Halloween window decals and pumpkins on the front porch... also the first day of fall 😂 I know people that put them up in August this year though lol I honestly start thinking about fall as soon as the weather gets warmer in May or so. 

Im glad that you’re not letting them influence you! Maybe they’ll catch on sooner or later and start decorating too.
  • @doodleoodle I honestly sometimes feel like I’m dying inside just itching so badly to put our decorations out earlier than the 1st but DH won’t let me 😂 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @doodleoodle I honestly sometimes feel like I’m dying inside just itching so badly to put our decorations out earlier than the 1st but DH won’t let me 😂 
    😂What a stick in the mud!
  • We started putting some of our Halloween decor up towards the end of September. Some of it is just “fall” decor- pumpkins & such. I still haven’t put up the fake web & spiders. I better get on that! We are in a new neighborhood and I’m pleasantly surprised by how many houses on my street are decorated outside for Halloween. It gives me hope that I bundle up DS in his stroller this winter and look at xmas lights. 

@jackie_dunny I don’t think my sister executed her costume well. That may have been part of the confusion. I remember it was something like a flag on a t-shirt and maybe some kind “bon voyage” accessory? 

@doodleoodle My son is 21 mo. He can “help” with some pouring and mixing but it takes more time and makes a bigger mess than if I cook on my own. Plus he samples the ingredients 
  • @tumbleweed-1 Baking with little ones is so stressful. I hate the spilled ingredients because everything has to be precise for it to turn on well. I never considered myself to be type A until I started baking with my kids. Maybe you could bake some sugar cookies while he’s napping and let him decorate them with icing and candy later. It’ll still be a mess but at least they’ll be good lol and congrats on your move!