Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 10/7

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Wednesday 10/7

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 24/5

Timing: good

Typical LP length: still in question??

Testing: Why do I always have the urge to test when I am not even close to being able to turn one?! Resisting the urge LOL... that being said, I got a bunch of cheapies on Amazon, so I have a pretty good stash for when the time comes. 

R/R: I had enough time this morning to grab Starbucks on my way to work, so I am in a great mood. Totally forgot we had our flu shot  clinic at work today, and the woman administering them did a horrible job at being discreet when asking if I “am pregnant or could become pregnant.” Thankfully I was the only one from my work in the room at the time. 

CS/Q: 

• @daisy528 they ask??? Its been about 5 years since I have had a flu shot 😬

Month/Cycle: 12/11

CD/DPO: 28/12

Timing: -4,-1

Typical LP length: 13-14 days

Testing: Friday

R/R: I had god awful cramping in my lower back the last 2 days. Not sure if its pms or just my bad posture. So far I am good today.

CS/Q: temp went back up-ish this morning. I have also been super cold at night lately. Time to break out the down comforter! 

• Loading the player...
  • @daisy528 basic b!tches gotta know.... Did your *bux order have pumpkin 😏
  • @legendairymomma they did ask! Since I am TTC, I said yeah and got the flu shot without the preservatives in it? I guess whatever they take out has mercury or something in it. Who knows.... I hope your cramping stays away! 

And, surprisingly no pumpkin! I won't lie I am sadly not as in love with the pumpkin cold brew as I remember! My go to is a grande cold brew in a venti cup with 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup, vanilla cream cold foam, and cinnamon and chocolate powder sprinkled on top. It is literally delicious! 
  • @legendairymomma It was on the form when I got mine last year (still need to schedule this year's shot). @daisy528 *TW* prior pregnancy

Totally did the same thing last year. I got the shot a week after I found out I was pregnant and was super awkward about it. I was so nervous I actually went on the wrong day (they organize it alphabetically by your last name so the line didn't get too long). Aside from my husband that nurse was the first to know about it. 

Month/Cycle: 28/2 AL

CD/DPO: 16/1

Timing: Pretty decent, -3 and -1

Typical LP length: 14-15 days

Testing: Only if late

R/R: Still lovely out, but too warm for my liking today (~80). Getting angry at my boss's boss again. She's decided that she's uninterested in a bunch of initiatives she insisted on and wants my boss to go to meetings in her stead in the hot zone (i.e. the White House). The guy's over 65, his wife is recovering from cancer, and he's too nice to tell her no. Just makes me mad that she insists that they're so close and good friends, yet she has no problem putting him in danger like that. I don't think she understands what a friendship actually is, to her it's just what she gets out of it.

CS/Q: none

• @daisy528 that reminds me I need to get my flu shot! I wonder if it matters the timing with TWW vs early pregnancy if I am KU
    @legendairymomma that is a good temp spike for 12 dpo! FX for you!

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD/DPO: 21/8

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: not unless AF is late

R/R: the lever thingy on our tub to open and close the drain broke so MH has been trying to fix it. I came home last night just as he turned the water back on in the tub. He was in the bathroom with the door closed and I hear water running in the basement. I went downstairs thinking he was washing his tools or something in the utility sink in the laundry room only to find water pouring out of the ceiling under the tub. I ran back upstairs screaming "TURN IT OFF!" but he couldn't hear me with the water running and the door closed. I finally got him to turn it off but now we have a broken tub and a hot mess in the basement. It's finished too so the carpet and drywall are all soaked. Hopefully the fans and dehumidifier dry it up quickly enough that nothing molds. I went from nothing exciting to share to a whole paragraphs about water damage. 

CS/Q: 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @akoros our CEO is famous for giving out projects and then back tracking. Totally understand your frustrations. I feel bad for your boss though!!

@krash_ I wondered the same thing since I am in the TWW. I did zero research on it, so hopefully it doesn’t matter? And I am sorry about your tub leak!! That’s the WORST!
  • @krash_ I was also wondering the same and gonna ask here. Wondering if I should wait it out and then get it in 2 weeks? 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• akorosakoros member
    edited October 2020
    @krash_ @AKuzReve @daisy528 FWIW, when I got my last one during a very early pregnancy it didn't matter. I can't remember, she might have asked other questions like if I had other underlying conditions or a bad reaction to other vaccines in the past (no and no), which might be what makes the difference. I feel like they ask if you're pregnant or might be pregnant for everything (even at the dentist). 

One last rant: whenever you push back she also has a habit of saying, "it's for the good of the country" or "love of the country" or something similar to guilt you. B*tch, if you care so much about the country, go to your own d**n meeting! The country's better off with my boss alive. He's a career civil servant who will be serving the country long after you go get your fancy lobbying job.  /rant Thank you for listening.

• Month/Cycle:  1/1

CD/DPO:  27/7

Timing:  -1, +1

Typical LP length: 9 - 11 

Testing:  broke down yesterday, BFN.  Im trying to hold out until Friday or Saturday

R/R:  Been spotting since yesterday.  I need to stop being a SS and reading into everything.  

CS/Q:  anyone done keto while TTC?  I've been keto since June.  I feel like it's messing with my cycle.  I used to be consistant 12 LP length, but I've had instances of random spotting for days my LP is somewhere between 9-11 now.  Just trying to figure out if I need to stop keto for awhile.   

Me: 33 DH: 36
    Married: June 2013
    BFP- Nov 2015

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 27/11

Typical LP length: don't know

Testing: Saturday if I get that far

R/R: Somehow digitally jinxed myself yesterday and now I have a cold!! Have to wait until Friday for a COVID test appointment so am stuck at home until results from that come back.  I am sad because we bought tickets to the pumpkin patch for Saturday morning but it's looking like we won't be able to go!!

CS/Q:  Was up multiple times with a sore throat last night so did not temp this morning - think I might be out as I was mad SS with feeling so tired the last few days - now I know it was probably just this cold coming on and I'm starting to feel all the regular AF feels. 

@krash_ ugh!!! That sounds horrible - hope it all dries out quickly!

Re flu shots - I'd think it wouldn't matter on timing of the shot as they do give you a modified version if you think you could be pregnant as @daisy528 said, there's probably more risk of harm if you actually contracted flu during TWW in my opinion (which is not medically informed so basically is useless).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @canucklehead123 Wrt flu shots, that's the gist I've gotten: getting the flu is far worse, so better to just get one. At work I think they already used the form (inactive?) that is safe while pregnant, which is why it didn't much matter last year. They haven't figured out how to safely distribute shots this year, so going to go to CVS
  • @mcmurray33 I have no idea about keto, but 7dpo is still early! Holding out hope for you.
    @canucklehead123 I hope your test comes back negative, and feel better soon! 
  • @akoros I've heard some rumors about possibly doing drive-thru flu-shots this year... this would be so awesome.  I suppose it'd be difficult to make people wait the 15 minutes to monitor for reactions, but wondering if folks who get flu shot every year and know they have never had adverse reaction could take the risk!
    *tw*
    Since DS is under 5 we have to take him to the clinic to get his shot so sadly I won't be able to experiment with the drive-thru genius-ness if it does happen!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited October 2020
    *lurking from WTO* 
    @mcmurray33 you should look into getting your progesterone tested. Spotting in LP is a pretty big sign of that. Whether or not low progesterone can be caused by a Keto diet, I don't know. 

Also, I noticed that you're new to TTGP. If you're comfortable, please intro yourself in the Newbies Intro thread so that we can get to know you better. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @canucklehead123 I know that one of the neighborhood BIDs organized an open-air flu shot tent in a park downtown. While not technically "drive thru", I did see that some bicyclists did actually ride through on their bikes, just pausing long enough to get the shot. I'd love if they did this in my neighborhood, or maybe I'll see if they're still offering it on a day off and I can take a (long) walk over.
  • *trigger warning*

@acleverusername. Im going to look that up.  Can progesterone levels change over time?  This would be my 4th and it was never an issue before.  

Me: 33 DH: 36
    Married: June 2013
    BFP- Nov 2015

• @mcmurray33 not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure hormone levels decrease with age (though I'm not sure when the decline starts and if it's gradual), so the answer would be 'yes'. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• **Lurking** 

Re: flu shots, the pregnancy safe kind is the preservative-free version which is harder to find. Not all flu fairs or doctors offices have it. We actually don’t carry it, so if someone is pregnant we just tell them to go to the pharmacy. That being said, it is really not a big deal at all. The amount of mercury is negligible, and they recommend the preservative free only out of an abundance of caution/avoidance of lawsuits. In the TWW it really is not going to matter, so I would just go ahead and get what they have. If they have preservative free, get it. But if not, just get the regular. There is no reason to wait until you are out of the TWW. 

As an aside, pregnant women with the flu have a tendency to crump hard, so definitely get your flu shots! 
  • also lurking 

@fitzfizz I had to look up what crump means and my first search was “crump Canada” because I was sure it was a Canadian thing 😂