Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+: 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: what's your most favorite and least favorite halloween candy?

Re: All Week Check-In 10/4/20

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 27 + 6 12/28

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: eggplant

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday regular checkup 

How are you feeling: good but so tired 

Rants/Raves: no rants or raves right now (:

Questions: none

GTKY: what's your most favorite and least favorite halloween candy? I always traded my friends for laffy taffy (except the yellow, ew.) least favorite is most people’s least favorite aka candy corn! 
  • shelmcclelshelmcclel member
    edited October 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/15, 29+6

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 🎀🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pineapple

Upcoming appointments: thurs, 10/8 for 30w U/S to check on her size since im
    measuring big by fundal height. Appointments will now be every 2 weeks until I’m at 36 weeks when they’ll move to weekly!

How are you feeling: pretty good! I think I’ve figured out how to count kicks finally after speaking to my OB so feeling more confident there. Also since it’s been “cooling down” in FL I’ve been going on longer walks with our dog which has been really nice & getting some audiobook time in. I’m feeling really huge and looking more obviously pregnant now - someone is saying something to me basically everytime I go out anywhere. So I just feel more motivation to eat and live healthier for the remainder of this 3rd trimester.

Rants/Raves: Raves! All of my 28 week bloodwork came back looking good, including my 2nd 3-hour GD screen - thank goodness! Can’t wait to see this girl on Thursday and if her facial features are more prominent. 

We also went out to a nice dinner on Sat night for the first time in a long time! We sat outside, and the restaurant was really cautious and we felt safe. It was v fun and great to get dressed and be out!!

DH also went to the Bucs NFL game yesterday and saw friends he hasn’t seen since Feb. he was in such a great mood when he came home! I don’t think we’ve realized how lightly depressed we’ve both become. It’s the little things coming back to our lives that are making life better even though it’s nowhere near normal. 

Questions: So our nursery is basically ready, we have a ton of the major baby items although need more, but our remote/drive by shower is set for Nov 7 so waiting for that. I still having this anxious feeling like I’m not doing enough to prep for this baby & L+D! Am I the only one?? 

DOTS are Halloween candy #1. They just remind me of Halloween Bc that’s generally the only time I eat them and I love them so much. 2nd faves are a 3-way tie between Laffy Taffy & mini 100 Grand or Dark Milky Way bars. 

Least fave is any lollipop/unlabeled hard candy. I just think they’re such a boring Halloween candy!

also shocked that everyone hates candy corn! I generally don’t buy it because I just tend to eat it by the handful! I do quickly get sick if it though - so kind of understand your response of both categories  @autumn87654321
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/29 - 27 + 6 days

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A camping lantern

Upcoming appointments: 10/12 - 3 hr glucose test and regular OB appointment, then an ultrasound on 10/19

How are you feeling: Meh, hemorrhoids have picked up which is unfortunate.  Also, the Braxton Hicks contractions have been happening a lot more frequently.

Rants/Raves: Rave - DH took DS to his parents' house of Friday and they come home today.  Being home alone with just dogs and cats this weekend has been amazing.  I finished a knitting project, started on the baby blanket for DD and watched a whole bunch of tv that only I like.

Questions: 

GTKY: what's your most favorite and least favorite halloween candy? Kit kats and sixlets are my favorite (are sixlets even a thing anymore?).  My least favorite is laffy taffy - it always seems rock hard.  I actually don't mind candy corn!  My mom used to put it in trail mix when we were kids.  The pumpkins on the other hand....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/17, 29+4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: pink 🎀 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pineapple/acorn squash/Mr. Potato Head

Upcoming appointments: 3hr GTT tomorrow  :s

How are you feeling: More emotional in general, plus a big uptick in anxiety about the mechanics of getting my parents here safely and making sure DD is cared for while I'm in the hospital.  I definitely overdid it taking care of DD yesterday - back pain solidarity @cassafrass15!

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant - poor DH is sick again with the cold we both had last week, and DD had some loose stools yesterday.  Crossing all of my fingers that DD is better and doesn't get the boot from daycare today!
    Rave - finally making some progress on name ideas for DD2.  Better late than never  :#

GTKY: what's your most favorite and least favorite halloween candy?  Mini mounds bars, twix, and sour patch kids were my top tier (my sister and I had a very complicated hierarchy for trades - anyone else?), and plain lollipops and candy corn were always at the bottom.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 30w3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Bunch of broccoli 

Upcoming appointments: OB next Thursday - first appointment where I won't get an ultrasound  :'(

How are you feeling: Great! Still experiencing insomnia a few nights a week, but other than that doing well!

Rants/Raves: I turned 30 on Saturday and hit 30 weeks on Friday! My sister threw me the most magical shower yesterday, so I'm just feeling so blessed! 

Questions: Nope!

GTKY: what's your most favorite and least favorite halloween candy? I have the worst sweet tooth and basically love all candy! Butterfingers are a favorite and dots are probably my least favorite (but I'd still eat them lol)
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 12/30, 27 +5

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lettuce? Not very exciting this week lol.

Upcoming appointments: Wed w/ endocrinologist for GD, Thur w/ regular OB.

How are you feeling: OK! Getting a handle on the GD protocols, and adjusting to all the normal things-getting-squished-around symptoms.

Rants/Raves: Rave: Luckily my in-laws have a backyard pool that I can access in a socially distanced way, and it's SUCH a nice feeling to be weightless in water for a while!

GTKY: what's your most favorite and least favorite halloween candy? Favorite: Reeses or Reeses Pieces! Least favorite: I'm not a big fan of anything with caramel.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: green 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: butternut squash 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow 

How are you feeling: fat and out of breath lol 

Rants/Raves: still haven’t started on the nursery. My husband is seriously so lazy lol 

Questions:

GTKY: what's your most favorite and least favorite halloween candy? It depends on my mood. I love butterfinger. Tootsie rolls are probably the worst. Not really specific to Halloween but the bag will have everything in it eaten and a bunch of tootsie rolls left to die 🤣
  • @dobiemom11 I hope your anxiety relaxes too! I think it’s partly (hopefully) just all the anxiety from Covid that’s always this lingering feeling. I hate feeling this way. 
    DS born 2016
  • @jbal918. As a FTM, I am anxious about the huge transition and of course the unknowns of L&D and motherhood.  Add in the unknowns of Covid and the chaos of our country and it is just a party.  Hopefully some good sleep at some point will help a lot.  I mentioned it to my Dr last appointment and we are going to keep an eye on things.  

Just keep doing the best you can and know that this is temporary (even though there is no endpoint currently).  
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    12/8, 31 weeks (ah!)

FTM/STM/STM+: 
    FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 
    Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 
    A coconut? Which seems smaller than previous weeks. Whatever it is, it’s got big strong feet that it loves to kick into my ribs.

Upcoming appointments: 
    Birthing class Weds. Next OB in 3 weeks

How are you feeling: 
    Not super but not awful. I’ve had a terrible headache for 3 days and am just so exhausted. I also cannot breathe most of the time because baby loves to wedge itself up high and it’s using my rib cage as a jungle gym. I seriously thought it my break a rib yesterday. Apparently it’s possible?

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant - I’m 6-9 weeks from labor, we’re heading into flu season. Seeing our president out there making light of COVID is beyond infuriating. I can not contain the rage!

Questions:
    Nope!

Love a Kit Kat and a Reese’s.
    Hate black licorice.
    I actually like candy corn too!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/20, 29+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue: blue! 💙💙💙

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: acorn squash or Gizmo from Gremlins

Upcoming appointments: I start having my regular OB appointments every two weeks as of 10/19, and I see MFM again on 11/2. 

How are you feeling: I’m tired all the time. I’ve also been having groin pain. 

Rants/Raves: I can’t even start about the whole nonsense happening in the White House. It would never stop. 

As far as raves, we finally got confirmation that we’re moving soon! The office called us yesterday and said that a new unit popped up as available sooner than the original one they had us down for. So we’re going to be moving to the new unit on November 13. I managed to find some free moving boxes on Facebook Marketplace yesterday and we picked them up so we could start packing. 

Oh, and I had my second 3hr GTT yesterday. Got the call back today that it was normal!

Questions: none at this time. 

GTKY: what's your most favorite and least favorite halloween candy? I love anything caramel. As far as specific brands, one of my favorite candies is Milky Way. I also love Kit Kats. I don’t like anything with coconut in it. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 29+1

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th

Team Green/Pink/Blue: blue 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Ultrasound last week was almost 3 lbs. 

Upcoming appointments: Monday 30 weeks

How are you feeling: Exhausted but decent. 

Rants/Raves: not sleeping the best and having intense dreams. Virtual teaching has been kicking my ass so I’m ready for maternity leave. Sitting in a chair all day is causing so major lightheaded ness and feeling super lazy. 

Questions:

GTKY: what's your most favorite and least favorite halloween candy?  Favorite Kit Kat’s. Least fave tootsie rolls. 
  • @dobiemom11 Register for some clothes before your shower just in case, maybe? I had to de-register for all NB-6mo clothes because of how many hand-me-downs I have! Leaving on some cool Star Wars & Marvel stuff for 6mo+ because I’m a nerd. 

@laurenspdx and @dreamscapes_ Same re: stupidity happening in and coming out of the WH. It’s so draining!