May 2021 Moms
Options

Early nesting???

Anyone else overwhelmed with the urge to clean right now?

I'm so exhausted. I could probably sleep all day, but if I notice something needs to get done or there's clutter, I'm cleaning it. I'm thinking it might be anxiety related. I just ordered a bunch of stuff to help organize my pantry because every time I look at it my brain starts itching 🤣 that's the best way I can explain it. I've tried to ignore it for the past week, but I couldn't hold out any longer. 

Anyone else doing the same or is it just me? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Early nesting???

• Options
    Ugh! Sorry about the multiple posts. It was throwing an error and I didn't think it had posted. We'll use this one for the main, hopefully lol
  • Options
    Not yet over here, and I love organizing. I'm still so exhausted that I have to use whatever few minutes of energy I get here and there for laundry. I have a few girlfriends coming over for the first time since March next week (and maybe last, if things get bad again w Covid) and I'm just hoping the bathrooms clean themselves.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't want to do anything because I'm too damn tired, but I've given hints to my husband that I want to soon clear out my sewing room and move it to my detached office which will be my new sewing room/play room.  My current sewing room will be the nursery.  I'm ready to move everything out and start shampooing the carpet and get things in order.  I'm also doing research on newborn cloth diapers because I want to get a stash, but I'm not sure exactly what I want yet.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    I just finished binging The Home Edit so I’m blaming that for wanting to declutter and organize everything. I was dreaming about my crazy pantry last night 
  • Options
    @mjacks16 I love The Home Edit! I’ve been following them on Instagram for forever. Still have 2 episodes of their Netflix show left.
  • Options
    I wish- I love cleaning honestly but I don’t have the energy 
  • Options
    Yes! I noticed a spot on one window yesterday and wound up washing all the windows inside and out and cleaning the house. It helped I didn’t have any nausea yesterday so I was able to actually move! Haha 
  • Options
    Yes!!! My Brain starts “itching” 🤪 when I see clutter! I was cleaning out the spare room that had collection of miscellaneous things. I need to get that room ready for this baby!
  • Options
    getting ready for the big day  :joy:
  • Options
    mrsomelettemrsomelette member
    edited September 2020
    @mkc3888

I'm looking into cloth as well! We did cloth diapers with my twins, but it's been 6, almost 7, years ago now. I really like the convenience of disposables, but it kills me thinking about all the waste and how many diapers we would go through. Are you looking at certain brands or styles? 
  • Options
    @mrsomelette

we used cloth with my 4 year old, so we have a full stash of one size diapers (some pockets and some aio) I’m debating on getting a newborn stash and using wool covers more. We used wool with my daughter for overnights when nothing else would work when she was a bit older.  I remember using covers and inserts in the newborn phase and having to change the whole thing every time because of poop. Also I don’t know if I should even get newborn diapers because my first was a month early, so I don’t know that I can use her size as a guide for how long I’d need them. I’m considering getting some newborn fitted diapers and wool covers and pul covers for when we are out of the house. 

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    I have been cleaning when I feel good, because I’m CONVINCED I smell something. (Literally everywhere I go, everyone tells me there is no smell). My nose is insannnnne and it’s not helping my nausea. 

I just got a new car a couple months ago and it suddenly stinks so bad to me. My kids keep telling me it’s just the new leather smell but ick, it’s no longer appealing lol 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣
  • Options
    @mrsomelette I am an early nester. I was with my first and seem to be starting that way now too. I actually kind of like it that way. 
  • Options
    klj0228 said:
    @mrsomelette I am an early nester. I was with my first and seem to be starting that way now too. I actually kind of like it that way. 
    I was not an early nester with my twins, I was so tired all the time during that pregnancy. I'm still tired all the time with this one, but I get these urges to clean or organize. I have to agree with you though, I like it this way. I'm getting stuff done and I feel productive. 
  • Options
    @brynn_mamaof4 Yes to the smells! Every time I come home I gag. I swear something in here stinks but I can’t find it! Have the windows open today and oil diffuser going. 

I’m too sick to nest but I want to order all the baby things which is ridiculous because 1) we’re moving soon and 2) I saved nearly all the baby stuff from DS.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @mkc3888 Since finding out i've been lurking on buy and sell sites, looking for newborn cloth diapers. My son started at 8 months, but I'd like to give it a try at birth if possible. 

I even picked up a stash of 13 with 3 covers, but turns out they are probably not newborn just size S. 😑

I've also been wondering about knitting wool covers. 

• Options
    @mkc3888 My son was super tiny at birth so we couldn’t really do cloth right away, we didn’t buy any premie/NB sizes and it was rough. We did get a few NB AIOs a few weeks in and that seemed to work well for us. I think they were “imagine” brand? We use flip covers and inserts. They’ve worked well for us. 
  • Options
    @littlelibelula If you can knit, I think knit wool covers would be great! my sister crocheted one for me, it was lovely.  

@samd6 part of me wants to get a newborn stash, because we don't need any os, but part of me wonders if it will be a waist.  However my daughter was little for a long time  we had a few newborn covers that I used with prefolds.  She wore a size 0-3 until she was 6 months old, but she was a month early and weighed 5lb 13 oz at birth.  

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021