Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.)

If there is anyone due in Week 2, who wants to take this over, please let me know.

Re: Week 2 (05/08/21-05/14/21) Check-in w/o 09/27

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD is 5/8 but the latest I'll go is 38 weeks. 8w 2d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Pygmy seahorse

Upcoming appointments: None this week but next week I get to go do all of my paperwork and then in a couple of weeks I have my second OB appointment and soon after that my first MFM appointment.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good now that I started taking Zofran and can actually spend time off the sofa!

Rants/Raves: Rave: We had this giant reach in closet that was in the absolute worst spot in our bedroom that I've wanted removed since we bought our house 7+ years ago. We went to remove it around 5 years ago and were told it looked like it was structural (which it really did look that way). We decided to look/have it looked at again recently and found out it wasn't! So yesterday my in-laws came over and helped us take it out and put up new drywall and I swear our room feels double the size. 

Rant: I was just going over my after visit summary from my last appointment and realized since I'm considered obese this time around (just barely but still they have to go by the BMI ranges) I have to take my glucose test early. WOMP. 

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) TV! I go through phases with books (though when I find a really good one it's hard to put it down), I like movies but don't want a lot, and I can't really get into podcasts. I'm a big tv watcher and social media browser in my free time.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8 weeks 1 day, due 5/10 but this is my 2nd repeat C, so probably 5/3.

FTM/STM/STM+: 2 kiddos, Caleb who is 5 and Owen who is 22 months

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We are absolutely finding out ASAP

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Size of a jellybean

Upcoming appointments: WEDNESDAY!!!!!!! OMGICANTWAIT

How are you feeling?: I had a nasty cold at the end of last week, but today I'm starting to feel a bit better!

Rants/Raves: I have new OB this go around because I felt like some things that happened with my last c-section were mishandled.  I have a lot of explaining to do to my new OB and I'm not looking forward to it.  The good news is, my best friend is having a baby THIS THURSDAY and this is her OB.  She gave him my backstory and he was appalled, so I'm hopeful that he'll be a good match for us.

Questions: More of a rhetorical question, but why in the world did they make the first trimester 569 weeks long?

GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) Oh man, I'm a very mood based person, so it really depends on what mood I'm in and what I'm doing at the time.  At work I like podcasts, at home on the weekend I love a movies, at night before bed I like senseless tv or videos.  When I read, I zone in 100% and I'm not good at managing my time and before long it's 4am and I'm done with the book, lol.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gusgus14 So, I've been obese during all of my pregnancies and have never had to take an early glucose test! I've heard a few people in my other groups doing it but was always kind of shocked.  I guess better safe than sorry, especially with a twin pregnancy, but how lame.  When do you have to do your test?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t it didn't even cross my mind until I saw the note! No clue when I have to do it. My OB didn't bring it up at my first appointment and the note just says "early" and doesn't indicate a week. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8+2 EDD- 5/8

FTM/STM/STM+: third time mom 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green 4 LIFE

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A gummy bear

Upcoming appointments: First appointment is Friday, finally!

How are you feeling?: Nagging nausea 24/7. I’m going to gain so much weight first tri because all I want is all the simple carbs. 

Rants/Raves: Rave- last week some friends and I got a cabin “up north” and had the most relaxing girls getaway.  Also found out on the trip one of my friends is also due in May!

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.): I love to read, but in reality I watch much more TV. I also listen to true crime podcasts on my commute, while in the garden, cleaning the house, etc. Basically, if you need help committing a crime, I’m your girl :D   

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Options
    @JessKo08 nagging nausea is such a great way to put it.  So far I haven't gained any weight, thank the Lord. This is the heaviest I've been at the start of a pregnancy and I am a pregnancy gainer, so I'm concerned. I feel ya on the carbs. I've been eating oatmeal in the morning, and just got some steel cut oats with flax seed to see if I do ok with it.  
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @JessKo08 oh, which podcasts do you listen to? 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t way to go on not gaining any weight yet! I only gained about 25lbs with each of my last pregnancies and was able to drop it all plus more breastfeeding for the first year. So hoping I can reign things in here soon. 

I listen to Wine and Crime, And That’s Why We Drink, My Favorite Murderer, during Halloween I listen to Spooked by SnapJudgement,  and I also really enjoyed the Serial podcasts too. 

My commute is a little over an hour round trip and I go to northern MN many weekends in the summer so I log a lot of hours listening in the car. On top of all the hours I put in to my vegetable garden in the summer and the canning and freezing in addition, so I move through podcasts pretty fast. 

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Options
    ec1212ec1212 member
    edited September 2020
    I'm happy to take over this thread @mrosek91 - any objections from this group if I post Mondays instead of Sundays? If we want to do Sundays, then I'll defer to someone else.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7+3 (EDD: 5/14)

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Finding Out. I think I'll have NIPT when I go for the nuchal translucency test on 10/27, in my 11th week so will hopefully find out within that week.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Lemonhead candy (@gusgus14 what do you use to find such fun size comparisons?!)

Upcoming appointments: A few, but none this week.

How are you feeling?: Good. Still pretty tired, but starting to eat some protein again and not be so munchy, and had enough energy yesterday to clean the bathrooms and put away the laundry... that I washed a whole week ago. LOL.

Rants/Raves: Rave for my husband who did the towel laundry today AND changed the sheets (which I hate doing).

Questions: (Rhetorical) Will my sex drive ever come back? I feel an idea of it for like a second when I wake up sometimes but I can't imagine doing the deed right now and it makes me sad. I want to be one of those pregnant women who wants to get it on all the time. (*I also want to be one of those pregnant women who only gains weight in her belly but I know for sure that ain't happenin'.)

GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) I'm not a big movie person but love books and TV. Have been more into mindless TV since the pandemic started. I wish I could keep up with podcasts but the only time I have to listen to them is when I'm getting ready in the morning or if I'm cleaning (which has been real rare as of late).
  • Options
    @ec1212 Monday is perfect! Thanks!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @ec1212 It will probably return closer to the end of the 2nd trimester! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @ec1212 - Monday works for me!
  • Options
    @ec1212 - I bounce between apps but the pygmy seahorse came from the Ovia pregnancy app! They have four different themes. I think my first pregnancy I did fruits & veggies and this time I picked "Weird-but-cute-animals" 
  • Options
    ec1212ec1212 member
    edited September 2020
    @texas_t Cool I'll just tell my husband 2-3 more months. Laughing / crying. (ETA: we're literal newlyweds - we just got married on 8/8 and I was hoping we could continue the honeymoon vibe past the resulting pregnancy lol. I miss the closeness but physically I am just not about it at all.)
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 14, I think. 7w3d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Definitely finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Micra chameleon 🦎

Upcoming appointments: first appt with new dr tomorrow and U/S next week

How are you feeling?: Like I am perpetually hung over. 

Rants/Raves: I feel like I'm living on bagels and cheese right now. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) I watch Netflix a lot, mostly to zone out at the end of the day. 
  • Options
    @babyyodaonboard omg a bagel sounds really good.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8 weeks 
    FTM/STM/STM+: 4th time 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: we were team green last time, we will find out this time 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 
    Upcoming appointments: not until the end of October 
    How are you feeling?: so so sick. And sooooo hungry 
    Rants/Raves: I’m having a really hard time with smells. My laundry soap is awful, dish soap, shampoo, body wash. It’s bad. 
    Questions: 
    GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.) movies for sure 
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ec1212ec1212 member
    edited September 2020
    @mamatohne I don't have "supernose" in general this time, but there are smells that are driving me nuts...like our new bath towels from our wedding registry. They've been washed 3-4 times but still have a certain chemical smell to them and it hits me in the face every time I go to the bathroom. I have to breathe through my mouth. I tried a magnesium sleepy time lotion last night and I like how it smells when it first goes on, but then it smells like weeds or something super plant-y and I hate it.

(LOL...ETA, this GTKY totally does not go here and refers to another thread but I'm leaving it here.) I forgot the GTKY: it is finally cooling down in NYC but not quickly enough. I hate winter and really cold weather, but by the end of our humid summers I definitely need a break. I'm a fall girl...holdover from when I lived in New England.                                                     
  • Options
    I ordered a sneakpeek test and it should be here today! I should know sex of baby by Saturday! EEP!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 11/ 8+2
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green for Life 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think it said raspberry? 
    Upcoming appointments: had an appt today and next is 10/26
    How are you feeling?: nauseous, so nauseous 
    Rants/Raves: So many of both, I don’t even know where to start lol 
    Questions:
    GTKY: What is your favorite media? (Books, Movie, TV, Podcast, etc.): I love TV. And I Love Podcasts (and books and magazines and really all forms of media lol)