May 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 9/28

Whoops, totally forgot that it's Monday! 

Re: Weekly Randoms 9/28

• Anybody else dragging today? I cannot seem to stay motivated.
  • @gusgus14 yup. It's "raining" according to the weather forecast. I haven't seen one drop but I still haven't walked my dog. The current "rain" is my excuse.
  • Loading the player...
  • yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited September 2020
    I got to see my favorite sister on Saturday!! She is also my best friend, even though she lives far away. She is the best. 

Debbie downer warning...

Found out through Instagram that a longtime family friend passed away. He was the same age as my dad, our families did everything together when I was a kid- camping, vacations, parties, going to the circus, beach... It was so sad. I’m sad. Even worse, I knew my dad didn’t know because he moved to Mexico a couple of years ago and doesn’t do social media. So I had to call my dad and tell him. It was pretty heartbreaking. I would’ve cried normally, but with these prego hormones, I was balling like a baby. 
    And I had to tell him my sister’s MIL passed away. She was only 55. It feels like a crappy month for losing loved ones. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @yellingbanana I'm so sorry to hear about the losses you've had this month, that is really tough 😢
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @yellingbanana glad you spent time with your sister this weekend! Sorry for your losses this month and that you had to be the one to share them with your dad. 
  • @yellingbanana So nice that you got to see your sister. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Here's my random - I'm going to a client this afternoon to get a tour of their data center. I am unreasonably excited. Except for this skirt. I can't remember the last time that I wore a non maxi/elastic waist skirt, and I am not a fan. I was lucky I found one that fit... barely. I should have just thrown it on right before leaving this afternoon, but I wasn't thinking and got dressed in it, and now it's too much effort to change.

• @yellingbanana so sorry to hear of your losses
  • @yellingbanana sorry for your losses.  I hope October is a much better month for you <3

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• My sciatic nerve started acting up yesterday and has gotten exceptionally worse today😭 It hurts so bad. It started way later on in my other pregnancies, I'm only 9 weeks. Nothing helped last time, but I didn't try a chiropractor, I may have to this time. 

• @nbcarlson yes, try a chiropractor this time. It helped me last time. She had a pillow that my belly fit in so I could lay face down for a portion of it. That provided me some weird relief just being able to do something you can’t normally do while pregnant. 
  • @nbcarlson I had a friend who was an OT last time and she showed me this stretch that helps to relieve pressure from the nerve.  Maybe it's something you could try.  
    It's number 10 in this link https://www.rocketcitychiropractic.com/10-piriformis-stretches-to-get-rid-of-sciatica-hip-and-lower-back-pain/ , it has a video and I copied the directions below.  

1. Place your hands and knees on the ground, getting into position on all fours.
    2. Bring the foot of your affected leg underneath your stomach, twisting it toward the opposite side near the hip, while pointing with the knee toward the shoulder.
    3. Lower your head, until your forehead touches the ground, and lean your forearms on the ground for support.
    4. Slowly stretch the non-affected leg out behind you, while keeping your pelvis straight.
    5. Push your hips slightly toward the floor.
    6. Hold for 30 seconds and return to the initial position slowly

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Thanks @mkc3888 ! I have off and on sciatic pain, it’s strangely not happening now.... just give it a few months.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• My days of the week are totally off this week. The STM+ thread was supposed to go up yesterday, and I didn't realize. @gusgus14 is that yours?
    In a more general sense have we had a discussion yet about thread organization. I think generally the process is for each thread to be "owned" by someone but if it's not up by the afternoon anyone can post it. Should we start a thread to make sure all the threads are assigned? (Or is my unhealthy need for organization and order showing?)
  • @mrosek91 Lol @ a thread about threads  :D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• I have a friend and her son from J15 flying in to stay with us for the weekend an I can't wait! She wasn't able to come to our last g2g and I miss her terribly! Plus, our kiddos haven't met and they're both 5 year old boys, so they should have an amazing time! I'm gonna admit that I'm sad I can't drink, lol!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• all in here for a thread about threads!
  • @mrosek91 yep, I claimed that one but please someone feel free to start it this week! Sorry about that. I’ve been checked out the last two days with a severe headache and am just checking in quickly before going back to bed.
  • I think in my last group the first person who thought about it on that day started it. But it would be good to at the very least have a running list of which boards start on which days and by whom if that’s the way we want it organized.