Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check-in. Week of 9/28/20

vetgirl2011vetgirl2011 member
edited September 2020 in Pregnant after IF
  • How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling:

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8 - Baby girl is here! Yay!!

@businesswife EDD 8/21 - Baby girl is here! Yay!!

@31magnolia EDD 9/8 (Girl)

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy) Baby boy  is here! Yay!!

@mtpbadger EDD 11/13

@vetgirl2011 EDD 11/17

@omarismyhomeboy EDD 12/24

@the_road_to_oz EDD 12/31

@laurelew EDD 3/4

@Kimbrlyg814 EDD 3/4

madasm0530 EDD 4/3

@lucyb1954 EDD 3/17

@inthewoods23 EDD 6/2

Re: All Trimester Check-in. Week of 9/28/20

• How far along/EDD? 13+2, due 4/3
    • How are you feeling this week? I feel like I'm starting to turn a corner, maybe, hopefully. I feel fine 95% of the time but I throw up every.single.morning. I has to stop!
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? This is pretty random but I just can't get on board with my BMB. I wasn't really able to with DS too. For whatever reason I prefer the IF and PAIF boards.
    • Any upcoming appointments? NT tomorrow. I am anxious, nervous, excited. We had a twin vanish around 6 weeks so just curious how that's going to impact things going forward - if at all! We will also probably do the NIPT blood draw tomorrow. Still TBD again based on what we see during the scan.
    • GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? We do a family apple orchard day every year. DS was SO young last year so hopefully this year he has a little more fun running around. We're going on Friday and it's supposed to be a cool, crisp MN day. I am so excited!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Loading the player...
    • How far along/EDD? 15wk5d/ 3/17
    • How are you feeling this week? Crap! Why won't the nausea go away? This morning sucked. It does seem to lessening in the intensity, but not fast enough for my preferences. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Just the everlasting nausea. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? U/S at 16 wk (Wednesday)
    • GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? It used to be drinking hot apple cider with a shot of brandy but that's kind of out! I do kind of like gardening in the nice weather although I'm not sure how far I'll get with my gardening this year if I'm feeling so shitty. 
    Omg, my oldest sister, friends, she is driving me nuts!!! I know she is happy and wants to help me, but she calls me every day. She keeps insisting we do the nursery and get it all done (right now it's my office and I still gotta work from home until March!) and bringing me hideous maternity clothes. She also keeps talking about all the stuff we need to get, car seats, etc and I'm just dying. All I can think about is puking and her need to help is overwhelming! - END RANT- Although I will ask for advice on how you guys deal with this!!!

@madasm0530 what's BMB board? I really only use this board plus an egg donor FB group. I met some people online through an unofficial DE moms group for folks using my clinic (my clinic has reasonable rates for DE, and awesome doctors, so they get lots of folks coming in from out of state). 

@the_road_to_oz looking cute!!! Sorry you feel like such crap. Boo for feeling like crap. 

@31magnolia how you doing mama? <3
  • @vetgirl2011 thanks for getting this started!

@madasm0530 so jealous! All my friends back in MN are posting pics of going to apple orchards and there aren’t too many around where we live (nearest one is about 90 min away) and it’s still been hot so not the same. A gal festival we’ve gone to the past two years isn’t open this year and I’m so sad not to get one last round of pictures there. We’re moving back to MN in the spring and I. Am. So. Excited!

@the_road_to_oz yay for no hospital this week! I hope the appointment went well today!
    • How far along/EDD? 33w3d / nov 13
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired. I’ll have 1-2 days of good energy and then Im worthless doesn’t a day or two. Also acid reflux has started and that hasn’t been fun
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Officially made it further along than with DD! It’s all new to me from here which is a little anxiety producing. Also starting to stress about who is going to watch DD when I’m in labor. My in laws don’t really have a relationship with her (and I don’t really trust them) and our one good friend who was going to come over decided to go back to her parents for the next few months since she is still working remote 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next Monday for growth US and OB
    • GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? Pumpkin patches, fall festivals, picking apples...all of which have been closed around here due to covid. So instead I’ve been making all the pumpkin bread, fall themed cupcakes and cookies and letting DD decorate. Will grab some pumpkins from the local grocery store in a week or so to carve and paint. I’m sort of glad trick of treating isn’t happening this year, I think I’d be way too uncomfortable walking around this year
  • @vetgirl2011 can you add me to the call list?

@madasm0530 I feel you on the BMBs, not that I would know being a FTM, but I hear some just can't deal with what goes on in BMBs. Either it's boring or there's those handful of people that just annoy you. June BMB hasn't opened up yet so we'll see how I feel ha.

@the_road_to_oz hope everything goes well with the echocardiogram!

@lucyb1954 girl you're not even that far along, you don't need to work on the nursery just yet! Sheesh lol. I hate overbearing family.

@mtpbadger yay for making it further along!

How far along/EDD? 4w5d, 6/2 until they say otherwise

How are you feeling this week? Good! Just slight discomfort but no major symptoms. My 3rd beta this morning shows my HCG is up to 177 so it's getting more real!

Rants/Raves? Questions? Just raving that my HCG is still climbing. I got nothing else 😆 for now at least

Any upcoming appointments? The RE is willing to see me for an US in 2 weeks so I go in on the 12th

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? Somewhat yearly my family goes to a corn maze. We're supposed to do it this weekend but I don't know if that's still happening. I know they require reserving a time slot so it likely won't be very packed.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
    • How far along/EDD? 32+6/ 11/17
    • How are you feeling this week? I go from wanting to organize everything in my house to just wanting to nap all day! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I woke up 4 times to pee last night! This seems a bit excessive. I feel like I’m not sleeping well, and have strange dreams when I do sleep. Maybe this is why I want a daily nap! 😂
    • Any upcoming appointments?I just started twice weekly NST, once weekly biochemical profiles, plus OB appointments every other week. I feel like I am constantly at my doctor’s office. 
    • GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? I love all things fall! We are going to a corn maze next weekend, and already got pumpkins to carve. 
    @inthewoods23 I added you! I can’t wait to hear about your US! (And see pics if you want to share!) 

@mtpbadger I hope you can find someone you are comfortable with to watch DD. That is so stressful!

@lucyb1954 Could you give your sister a project to keep her busy? Maybe have her make lists of things she recommends for baby registry or research best car seat? This might help you next trimester, and keep her busy for a little while, so that she isn’t driving you crazy. Good luck!

@the_road_to_oz Love the bump pic! I hope your echo went well today!

@madasm0530 I have found my BMB group to be somewhat helpful, but feel like I fit into the IF and PAIF groups more. Only one other person in by BMB group went through IF treatment and no one else used donor eggs. They are a really nice group, but I feel like I just don’t “fit”. 
  • @vetgirl2011 right there with the waking up to pee several times and weird dreams! 
  • @lucyb1954 a BMB is the Birth Month Board - like April 2021 for me. Don't get wrong, they are great resources but I feel much more at "home" on IF and PAIF.

@mtpbadger So exciting that you're moving to MN! And so exciting that you've made it longer this pregnancy than your first!!

@inthewoods23 are you doing another beta or moving on to an ultrasound. so so exciting!

AFM, I had my NT scan yesterday and was a HUGE relief. Everything looked great and found out we're having a girl! At this point I feel like I'm a 'boy mom' so will definitely take some getting used to but am just over the moon that we have a healthy babe  <3

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2:

• @vetgirl2011 sounds like you may as well live at your doctor's office  :D

@madasm0530 nope, just the 3 betas so next is an US at 6+5w. There's not much to see though at 6 weeks is there?

Do you ladies think we might hear a heartbeat during the US? I know it seems to depend on how far along you are. Plus I only got my faint BFP just over a week ago. Is it possible I might look behind gestationally?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 you *might* see something at 6+5. my early ultrasounds have been at 7 and 8 weeks and saw little flickers on both!

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009

TTC #2:

• @madasm0530 Congrats on the girl! I’m so glad everything looked good!

@inthewoods23 I feel like I am always at work or the doctors office! I had my first US at 7 weeks and could see my little nugget and the heartbeat. Sometimes you can see the heartbeat as early as 6 weeks, but not always. 
  • @madasm0530
    I'm so glad things looked great! I was also super worried after my vanishing twin and all of the screening/testing they want in pregnancy (I had also had a m/c from a natural pregnancy). Now that you've had a good screening and scan, just focus on that and remember what my dad always told me -- "things don't happen in a vacuum" -- so if things looked good now and there are no concerns, they'll likely to be just fine! Will you be going forward on the NIPT or not? I didn't after my scans were fine just because I didn't need more stress, but everyone is different! And congrats on joining Team Pink -- little girls are such fun! 

@inthewoods23
    The 'heart' (technically just a fetal pole this early) usually starts beating between 5 and 6.5 weeks so there's a good chance that you -could- see one, but sometimes you don't see it until 7 week scans. I suspect your doctor will be looking for the sac and all of the other elements to make sure everything is in the right spot and looking good -- heartbeat will just be a nice bonus if it is visible!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• How far along/EDD? 17w6d, EDD 3/4/2021
    • How are you feeling this week? Same.  My stomach still feels unsettled most of the day.  Sleeping on my side is not my favorite position.  I wake up every 2 hours almost on the dot because I need to change sides because I get sore/uncomfortable.  Other than that I feel very "normal."  I just told my husband this evening, "Can you believe I'm growing a human being inside of me?"  For the most part I don't feel like I am.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave: I found a "comfortable" maternity/nursing bra the other week!  I am relatively petite with a larger chest that is of course only that much larger during pregnancy so this was a challenge.  The bra I bought is the Sugar Candy bra by Cake maternity.  My bras have to do a lot of work and for a wireless bra, this one is extremely supportive.  The downside of that is that I'm still aware I'm wearing it when it's on but hey, better than nothing.
    • Any upcoming appointments?  I have been in such a lull in between appointments the past few weeks.  I have an in person OB appt next Monday, Oct 5.  I'm not sure what that will entail but I'm not anticipating much.  The BIG appt is the 20 week ultrasound on Oct 19.  Can't come soon enough!
    • GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity?  I enjoy apple picking most years (not this year) and buying local apples in season from the farmer's market.  In fact, this is the only time of year that I eat apples.  After having fresh, local ones I just can't go back to grocery store apples.
  • @the_road_to_oz Cute bump!  And yay to staying out of the hospital.  Sorry to hear you are still feeling pretty crummy. :(

@lucyb1954 Aww.  It sounds like your sister is very excited for you and for getting to share the motherhood journey with you.  I totally understand how her enthusiasm could be extremely overwhelming for you right now.  Especially when you feel so crummy every day.

@mtpbadger Congrats on making it this far!  I'm sorry to hear about your challenges with finding someone to watch your DD.  If I were in your shoes I would be beyond stressed.

@inthewoods23 So happy to have you here!

@vetgirl2011 Do you have a lot of nesting left to do before your due date or are you just organizing for fun at this point?  :D

@madasm0530 So excited to hear you had a great NT scan!  Super exciting that you are having a little girl as well.  So precious.
  • @inthewoods23 If it were me, I also would expect not to see it, jic, because it could definitely be too early.  I think for both of mine I had such early scans that although they did not pick up a HB yet, they were 100% not concerned, and then we saw it at the next one. 👍 GL!!!
  • @BusinessWife @inthewoods23
    My first scan was also at 6 weeks 5 days (my clinic does betas until you have over 5000 HCG and then they do a scan, followed by one every week until 8 weeks for regular patients and 10 weeks for me since I had a prior m/c). The RE was able to see the flickers on the screen (we had twins) but the rates were still very low (80's for both) since the heart was just starting to beat -- which is why I wouldn't go in expecting it. Just focus on the measurements and whether or not things look good and on track -- that's the best predictor. Also, don't freak out if you measure one or two days behind -- DD was consistently 1 to 2 days behind in the first trimester and she caught up by the end of the 2nd tri and was born sizing ahead of the curve for a 35 week old baby.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @mbradfo2 I kind of wish they did more since I started off so low, but I had the doubling they expected so things were clearly progressing as they should be. The nurse said they had expected my first beta to be around 100 (I was exactly 4 weeks that day) which makes sense in the realm of fertility treatments but I had tested before my expected period. I just hope they don't say something about the HB being low because they expect me to be farther along when really I just ovulated/implanted later than your "standard" cycle that they go by. We'll see! I hope next week goes by fast so the 12th can be here sooner rather than later!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • *lurking*

@inthewoods23 Do you know exactly when you ovulated? If so, make sure they go by that date for your u/s so that you don't have to deal with their thoughts on you being behind. I have exceptionally long cycles and have never O'd on CD14, even on fertility treatments, and I always have to tell them my O date. I get very early u/s due to a previous ectopic. The big thing is to concentrate on your measurements. On my pregnancies that have resulted in a live birth, I've seen hbs early (6+2, 6+3, 6+1), but they have been low because they just started beating. So be aware of that. Congrats, and I hope everything goes smoothly. 
  • @wildrainbow I'm not 100% confident when ovulation was since FF put my CH the day before any positive OPKs (doesn't make sense, but looking at BBT only it does). It's saying O was on Thursday 9/10, but other tracking apps I use are saying as late as the 13th for my O date. Our only days around that time of having sex were the morning of 9/12 (saturday) and 1AM 9/13 before going to bed so I would bet O to be on 9/12 with implantation occurring around a week later on the 18th/19th and a positive HPT on the 22nd. Really hoping I can hear a HB  :)
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • It’s so nice to see some familiar faces (names) from IF board here ❤️❤️❤️

• How far along/EDD? 6w tomorrow / edd May 30
    • How are you feeling this week? Symptoms getting stronger. Lots of hormonal emotions and quite easily irritated 😤 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave - my manager submitted me for a promotion at work!!! It’s very rare to get it during the quarterly round (vs end-of-year review), but I’m hopeful 🤞🏼 Daycare is super expensive here, so I really need this.
    • Any upcoming appointments? First ultrasound at 6w4d!!! 
    • GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? Comfort food and lots of tea 😁 Going outside/parks/farms with my family and not having to sweat and overheat.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Congratulations @FuzzyDust ! Good luck on the promotion! 
  • Sorry! Playing catch up after a busy couple of weeks!

welcome @FuzzyDust and @inthewoods23 !

@laurelew how was your appointment today?!

• All of you who are sick and are vomiting pretty much everyday or having severe nausea even past the first trimester, I feel for you!
    @lucyb1954 - You still have plenty of time for the nursery. I didn't start on mine until week 32. I don't recommend that, if you're going to have construction/renovations done, but you do have time. And you also have time after. Lol. I've pretty much decided my baby girl will not be going to her room until she can sleep through the night. 

@madasm0530 I felt the same about BMB.

@mtpbadger - yay too making it further along!!!

AFM, I'm doing well. I mean I'm tired as hell and am just now feeling a little like my normal self. But overall I'm doing OK. Baby girl is wonderful. I'm just trying to still adjust to mom life. My mom has been able to come over several days a week to help watch the baby so I can sleep. And I greatly appreciate it! Lol. My SO has been amazing. Sorry I've been MIA. I haven't been on the board too much but that should be changing and I can start keeping up with everyone's progress. :)