April 2021 Moms
Options

PGAL check in week of 9.21

How far along are you?

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? 

Re: PGAL check in week of 9.21

• Options
    How far along are you? 9w 1d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Still tired. Still gaining weight. Diclectin has helped with the nausea though.

Emotionally, I'm a mess. Lol, had a good cry in the shower on the weekend over stupid things. I'm also a bundle of nerves waiting for my u/s on Friday. I'm praying we get a much better picture and reading of our little one than we did 2 weeks ago. Leave it to my kid to be the difficult one being the farthest away from the camera. Lol. I did try getting a hb on my Doppler because I remembered I was able to get one around this time with my son and I'm pretty sure I got a reading of 140 but who knows... I may just be crazy. 🤣

Any upcoming appointments? Ultrasound on Friday to redo dating and viability since the 7w one showed a hb but baby was difficult getting an accurate dating measurement.

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? Running or going for walks in the morning or evening. I love the feel of the cool fall air! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10w3d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Still very little on symptoms. I get the rando bout of nausea, and I'm tired and oh, so, very molding, crying in the car because I hung up on DH... It's his fault I'm mad at him irrationally!!! (j/k) 

Emotionally... *TW, Anniversary Date*
    On Monday, January 9th, 2019, at 10w3d, I naturally miscarried overnight into Tuesday. Today is Monday. I'm 10w3d, and terrified every time I wipe today. I'm also panicking at every littlw twinge. I grabbed the doppler and successfully located my Turtle for a few seconds. Ringing it at 165bpm. Didn't last long before I lost it, but there was no doubt about what it was. Now to leave it alone until 12w, because three kids has taught me finding the HB at 10w is pure luck!

Any upcoming appointments? 10/5 Perinatal Intake and Genetic counseling. 10/7 12w OB. 

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? Opening the windows. I live in south Texas, and I live for the weather getting cooler so I can have the windows open...like tonight, with Beta bringing us rain. It's an unseasonably 65 degree low. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9w1d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Symptom-wise I feel pretty crappy; nauseated, so so tired, crabby, sore boobs. I feel hungover without the alcohol. Mentally/emotionally I am so-so. We had our first appointment yesterday, and everything is looking great and right on schedule. I was initially so overwhelmed with joy, and I still am so relieved and happy, but my PGAL brain is looking for the next thing to worry about. Just trying to take it a day at a time. 

Any upcoming appointments? Genetics counselor in 3 weeks; being AMA is so fun!

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? I love having the windows open and curling up with a good book and a hot cider. Or going for a walk with the changing leaves and a hot cider. Basically anything with crisp weather and cider and I'm in. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    9w5d

Symptom wise, about the same, with days every now and then where I get a break from the nausea. I’ve been crampy which I don’t love and it messes with my mind. I’ve been trying to remind myself that I experienced cramps while pregnant with both our girls. 

Emotionally, I’ve felt a bit more at peace since my ultrasound last week, although this cramping isn’t helping much with that. I’m about afraid to go to the bathroom because I’m so scared of finding bleeding. 😕

I have a phone intake appointment next week and then I see an OB again October 8 I think. I guess I’ll be around 12 weeks then! 

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? I love taking the kids to a pumpkin patch! They have so much fun looking at all the different sizes and shapes of pumpkins, and the one we’ve gone to the past couple of years has tractors and trailers and stuff to climb on. Lots of cute photo opportunities! I also really love campfires and s’mores. I was telling DH the other night that we need a fire pit! 
  • Options
    @bblair24 the checking for blood is something that has never gone away for me. After my first two miscarriages, I was always checking. I went full term with our son who was stillborn and the entire nine months, I was constantly checking for blood. This pregnancy is the same thing. I check like 3 times to make sure every time I pee. The paranoia sucks.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    8 +4

Physically, I feel “normal” for being in week 8: tired, nauseous, and grouchy. Mentally, I am still nervous that even though my first appointment was great, something will happen and I will get bad news at the next one.  I probably won’t relax until after the 3rd appointment and the genetic testing results are in. 

Oct 12

I love taking the kids to the pumpkin farm. I have no idea what that will be like this year, though. 

@peppylilfoxy I hope your little one cooperates on Fri!
    @aisukurimsarang sorry you had a rough day - glad you were able to find the HB and hopefully you’ll be able to relax a little now that it’s passed. 
    @bbrahmbhatt I guess the only perk about being AMA is that insurance should cover the extra screening to hopefully give some peace of mind.  I think there’s quite a few of us who fall into that bucket, which is kind of nice!  
    @bblair24 that is a long time that they make you wait for the first u/s!  I also constantly check for blood throughout every pregnancy. It never goes away. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    10 + 2

Still throwing up and just exhausted. But then it’s also weirdly comforting because if I’m sick I know baby is still in there and growing. The baby I lost happened so early (about six weeks) but I also feel like I still expect to see blood when I go to the bathroom. I’ll feel more relaxed once I can feel baby moving around inside and have more reassurance without having to wait for an appointment. 

October 6

GTKY: What is your favorite fall activity? Probably the
    Going to the pumpkin patch, the corn maze, apple picking. Just the classic family memories!
  • Options
    I'm having a little bit of a anxious day. I am worried about my fibroid causing issues with the pregnancy. I keep thinking about all the bad stuff that could happen, like the placenta is over the fibroid and can cause blood flow restriction and growth restriction, or placental abruption or growth restriction because it protrudes into the cavity. Gah, I hate fearing everything!
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I’m sorry, anxiety always sucks. I hope that you can find some peace today on all of your concerns! Let us know if there’s anything we can do to help you. I know sometimes we just need to acknowledge the feelings, but if you actually need some reassurance we’re all here! 💜💜💜
  • Options
    This week is tough for me. I’m 10 weeks as of today, which is when my miscarriage happened between DD1 and DD2. I don’t remember exactly what day it happened, which is probably good, I just know I was 10 weeks. I feel like if I get through this week I’ll be more relaxed. 
  • Options
    @theletlers thanks lady. MH keeps telling me not to worry about it since the OB said not to worry about it right now, but its hard. 

@bblair24 sending you positive thoughts for this week. You can do this, we are all so strong. <3 
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt you’ve got this momma!!
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    I was 10 weeks Tuesday, so now 10+3.

I’ve been feeling good emotionally. I still feel a bit distant from this baby, even though I heard the heartbeat & saw the little squish last week. Food symptoms are weird. I’m cutting out dairy for a bit & after wanting white bread in the early weeks, I can barely stomach it lol. I have been sick a few times...including when taking my progesterone yuck.

Not till October now. I need to run in for prenatal blood work, but after doing my HCG levels twice a week for so many weeks, I took a break lol. I’m not doing any prenatal screenings, just whatever standard stuff.

Oh I love going to Fall Family Fun at a local ranch. I am connected to a homeschool group, and even though my son is 21 months we tagged along on their field trip today. Corn maze, pig races, a super fun sandbox & hay climbing area, ooh it’s so much fun for toddlers to teens (and us too!). There’s a pumpkin patch, Christmas tree patch & blueberry bushes (done for the season). Hubby and I will go back on a weekend with little man sometime, when they do a pirate show & pumpkin canon. How hick do I sound to the big city folk 🤣? Hubby worked at this ranch when we were dating & was one of the pirates that launched pumpkins lol.
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    kelseyyhkelseyyh member
    edited September 2020
    Forgive for not tagging anyone, but hugs to all of you who are in that anniversary of passing time 💕. So hard! 

Last Friday, the 18th would have been my due date for the baby I lost in February. Hubby and I had some cake & lit a candle. We decided on a name for the baby (he is pretty closed off about what happened, so I had picked a name back in Feb and waited to see if he liked it. He did ❤️.). I don’t know if we’ll honour the due date every year or not, but it was special. I definitely feel weird about being pregnant already though. I wanted to be, and I love the baby I’m pregnant with, but then part of me just misses that baby so much. 

• Options
    Aww @kelseyyh hugs!! 💕💕💕
  • Options
    @kelseyyh same to you! That sounds like a lovely way to recognize your little bean. And I hope you and your rainbow baby bond soon too. Remember you can love two babes equally and being happy for this little one doesn’t take away your desire to have held and cared for the other one. 
    *TW*
    My loss story. When I took the test I was super excited because DS1 was 11 months and it took us three years to get pregnant with him. I came up with the idea to surprise DH with the news for his birthday a few weeks later since I’d have a picture and got a card for daddy from the baby and a big brother shirt for DS1 to change into after cake on his birthday after that to tell family since I’d be almost done with the first trimester at his party. But four days before my getting to celebrate my first Mother’s Day I miscarried. It started with just spotting that day and then slightly heavier that night, but I thought a liner was enough. But that night I went to the bathroom and there was definitely more than a comfortable amount. I just sort of knew that baby was gone and two dats later pregnancy tests were negative. I called the OB and they said I could come in but it sounded like an early miscarriage and if the bleeding didn’t stop after a few days to come in for an exam.
    I hadn’t even gotten to tell DH I was pregnant and just telling him I miscarried seemed like such harsh news to share. He is also not a very emotional person and is not someone who willingly gives a hug when I’m sad or crying. Losing the baby was so hard but I needed to grieve alone at first without feeling like he didn’t care. And then with our work schedules we rarely saw each other and it didn’t seem like a texting or quick before you go type of conversation. I had told him for Mother’s Day I wanted to go no where and see no one, but his mom threw a fit so we got dragged out to lunch and I sat sulking red eyed the whole time. And then at DS1’s birthday party a month later my sister decided to announce her own pregnancy, which I said yay and congrats for (secretly upset) and apparently I ruined her announcement by being happy too early in it. The whole party ended in a disaster and the next year I refused to even have a party because it was so traumatizing. 
    But every now and then I think about what that baby would have been like and how it would have affected if we’d even have DS2 (far enough apart that they could have both happened) but just in general how family dynamics would have changed. I love love love DS2, but I’ll always want to just hold and kiss, even just once, my baby Remy 
  • Options
    @theletlers
    Oh that all sounds so heartbreaking. So close to your DS1's birthday, Mother's Day & while having kept all the excitement to yourself. I try to remember that all our babies who passed only knew love, and never had to know the less than pleasant parts of the world. I think I just feel reserved with this baby because I was so eager last time & talking to my belly lots (which I didn't do with DS until later I think, when I started looking pregnant). 

I wanted to make sure I replied to everyone <3.

@aisukurimsarang
    How are you feeling now? I'm glad you could hear the heartbeat and get some relief.

@peppylilfoxy
    The shower cry sounds cathartic <3. Thinking of you.

@BuckeyeNut05 @theletlers

Ah! Our favourite things sound so similar <3

@bblair24
    <3. I hope this week goes smoothly & you can feel a sense of relief afterward.

• Options
    @kelseyyh, hope you're doing better this week. I miscarried in Jan 2019, and was pregnant again by May. It was so hard being excited about the new life while morning the loss of the first one. I felt like I was betraying that life.

@bblair24, I named ours Blueberry. I want to plant a blueberry bush/tree to honor our little spawn.