January 2021 Moms
Options

~~~September Appointments~~~

Share anything you want from your doctor's appointments this month here...questions, news, etc. 

Re: ~~~September Appointments~~~

• Options
    I had my 21 week appt yesterday and everything seemed good! Apparently I've developed pregnancy carpal tunnel, yay. (My right hand/fingers went numb after working all day at a computer the other day.) Other than that my belly measured 21 cm at 21 weeks which she said was good and baby's HB was 135....and she was super wiggly so she had to be chased around for a couple minutes with the doppler. 
  • Options
    We had our anatomy scan yesterday and it went great! Baby girl is measuring right on track and had a heart beat of 139!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jumpy57jumpy57 member
    edited September 2020
    I had my virtual OB appointment today. Doctor asked how I was doing and if I could feel the baby move at least once a day. I have a little bit of sinus pressure so she said and nasal spray, benedryl, claritin, or zyrtec wild be fine to use. I did one day of nasal spray and have been much better since.

Thoughts: virtual is fine if you have no concerns and isn't an appointment they need to do testing at (glucose). I wouldn't do them regularly but it's a nice option to have.
  • Options
    We had our fetal echo yesterday and everything looked good so I'm relieved about that. MFM said they would be surprised if the Pediatric Cardiologist found anything since they had pretty clear pictures of the heart during the anatomy scan but it was protocol to refer, so if anything else, I have peace of mind that their little heart looks great!

Baby was also super wiggly (did a couple of handstands and a finger gun haha) but they said it worked in their favor b/c they eventually moved into every position that they needed to take images. They said if all of their babies were that cooperative, it was going to be a good day. My first proud mom moment hahah. Heart rate was in the 150s. I know it fluctuates, but it's crazy how different it is every time!
  • Options
    whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited September 2020
    @msjaay That's great about the fetal echo! And LOL re: the wiggly baby doing various tricks. :joy: Our tech at our anatomy scan also made a comment about baby being "cooperative" and showing her hands and feet which I guess are often hard to get. We were like "aww, proud parents," but also like, hopefully that lasts! ;)  
  • Options
    @msjaay Glad to hear about your fetal echo!

I had mine today and everything looked good, so that was a relief. She was head down and curled up in a ball most of the time, but they were able to get clear pictures, so they were happy. 
  • Options
    @supersara2 so glad yours went well too! Was this referral a result of the genetic testing that you had mentioned earlier?
  • Options
    @msjaay No, but I did mention that was a concern. It's because I have diabetes and am AMA (a two-fer!).
  • Options
    @supersara2 ahhh ok. I'm AMA as well but the missing artery in the umbilical cord was what started our road of extra testing/imaging. I think after this past appt, we'll just get some more ultrasounds in the 3rd tri to make sure restricted growth isn't an issue.