May 2021 Moms
Options

First ultrasound help

left “7 week” appt. no heart beat and baby measuring over a week behind. Saw a sack and start of fetal pole but wont know for a week if viable. Gave blood today and Friday. I am 😭 wreck and can’t handle this. I know I could have ovulated late. Anyone else had similar experience? 

Re: First ultrasound help

• Options
    I haven’t had a similar experience but wanted to say my heart goes out to you and I’m so sorry you have to wait for more information. There probably isn’t a lot I can offer to make you less worried now but know that most of us are worried about our pregnancies for at least the first few months even after a clear ultrasound. If this pregnancy isn’t viable, know that you’re not alone and it’s so, so common to experience a loss. That won’t make it easier to go through (speaking from experience) but the vast majority of us who’ve gone through a loss will go on to have healthy babies. I’m hoping for the best and that the dates are just a little off!! Big hugs. 
  • Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited September 2020
    While every situation is different, we are all so early that we need to be prepared for anything. My sister in law actually had something very similar happen, and she did end up with a loss. There was a sack, but no baby. But let me say this, she recovered and was pregnant with my nephew within a couple of months. 
    You never know, it could be a later ovulation? I will cross my fingers for you and hope for the best.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my second my first ultrasound showed less growth than they expected, (I think exactly a week behind) they ended up moving my due date by about 5 days, and he was born perfectly healthy on his due date. (Disclaimer: I was still nursing, and had just come off of BC, so my period was not regulated yet.) If you typically have long cycles, or irregular cycles (or even if you don't) it is possible you ovulated late.

I'm really hoping you get to stick around, and if so, please change your username, it's really hard to keep track of people with the generic Knottie username. And check out the "read this first" thread with the rules for this board.
  • Options
    Thinking of you and everything crossed for a successful outcome.