Babies on the Brain

WRW August 2020

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the month if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What’s your favourite way to cool down when it’s just toooooo hot? 
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: WRW August 2020

• Happy August, ladies! 

When do you think you will start TTC? 
    June/July 2021

What brings you to WRW?
    This is basically my home. 

Any R/R?
    Rant: it’s CD1, my back is killing me and I’ve got awful cramps. Plus it’s SOOO hot here in the UK. It’s about 91 and I know some of you will laugh and be like “yeah, and?” But it’s quite rare here for the UK. At least uncommon. I’m dying! 🥵 
    Rave: I’ve left my old awful job!! I’m not allowed to talk about any of it (even though this is anonymous) as lawyers had to be involved and everything but I’m sooo relieved. I’ve started a new job as a carer and I’m really loving it! I like coming home from work feeling like I’ve made a difference in someone’s life. Plus the hours are lush! I’m home by 2pm at the LATEST! (Unless I work a night shift but even that’s only 4-10 and only every once in a while). The only downside is working every other weekend but when I work the weekends, I get off two days during the week so it’s not so bad! Not sure if any of you remember but I used to work 9 hour days at my old job and had a 2 hour bus commute EACH WAY so this is heavenly! 

GTKY: What’s your favourite way to cool down when it’s just toooooo hot? 
    As I said I’m just dying 🥵 No one in the UK really has A/C because like I said, it doesn’t get hot very often so I’m roasting. We bought one of those little
    kiddie pools “for our dog” and by that I mean I bought it for me 😂 missing our pool back in the states 😔 that’s the best way to cool down! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• When do you think you will start TTC? 
    Also Junish ‘21

What brings you to WRW?
    Obsession 

Any R/R?
    Rant: i wish all of the people concerned about our “constitutional rights being stripped away” would just wear a damn mask so things could go back to normal more quickly.
    Rave: none 😂 I’m grumpy

GTKY: uh... just don’t go outside 😂 i guess it’s different for you @jackie_dunny if I were you I would be eating popsicles and shaved ice nonstop.

@jackie_dunny so excited you found a new job!! What’s a carer? I wish you could share more about what happened. It sounds juicy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited August 2020
    @doodleoodle I actually got sick with heat exhaustion 😂 it reached 97 yesterday and with no AC and caring for the elderly and unable at my job - I was literally so exhausted I couldn’t move or do anything and got headaches and nausea and blech. No fun! As a carer, I basically go to people’s home and assist them with everyday life. Could be as simple as making them a cup of tea and doing their food shopping or as hard as bathing them, wiping their bums/changing their pads, and assisting them on the toilet. Everyday is different and that’s part of what I like about it. I make a difference in someone’s life everyday and that feels good! 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• You poor thing! Hopefully you can rest today and eat all of the popsicles! My sister does that, and my other sister did that as she was working her way through nursing school, but with people who also needed psychiatric care. It must be called something different here because I’ve never heard that term. It sounds like an incredibly difficult and rewarding job! 
  • @doodleoodle I think the technical job title is Healthcare Assistant but we just say carer lol 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• I feel like I should just DM you @jackie_dunny since we’re the only ones participating this month 😂

im seriously thinking about just ripping off the bandaid and NTNP. What is wrong with me? Why can’t I ever just be patient? How do you do it, girl?
  • Hi, I know it’s not August anymore, but I’ve been lurking around tb again more often lately, and getting baby fever again. I thought I might join back in here? I was in the December 2018 BMB and participated in BOTB in early 2018. 

When do you think you will start TTC? Eh, when there’s a safe, reliable covid vaccine? *shrugs*, we haven’t talked about it in earnest yet.

What brings you to WRW? Conflicted feelings between being “ready” to try for #2, and not wanting to because of the pandemic. 

Any R/R? Today is 14 days post Labor Day, and it looks like the covid case curve is trending back up both and my state & the US as a whole, so feeling bummed about that. 

GTKY: What’s your favourite way to cool down when it’s just toooooo hot? @jackie_dunny I live in Oregon, which typically has mild summers, so I feel you on the no AC life! Most residences don’t have them. Also, thanks for sharing your weather in Fahrenheit lol 

I like to drive to the coast (about 2hrs away) when it’s hot (but so does everyone else! It gets crowded). When a day trip isn’t possible, lots of otter pops? 
  • @doodleoodle omg I’m so sorry I totally just disappeared off the face of the earth (and by that I mean the bump) 

@tumbleweed-1 I actually think I remember you from when I was still just lurking the boards! I feel like my whole life is just “converting” temps in my head or “translating” words. (I’m actually American, just live in the UK now lol) 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @doodleoodle yeah all good! Just got distracted with life 😂

TW: pregnancy
    Also I’m 90% sure I’m preggers so I’ve just joined the May BMB! My period is 2 weeks late and nowhere in sight. We bought a cheapo HPT and on our first morning on our holiday in Greece it came back positive but the reviews claimed a lot of false positives so we’re not fully certain but all signs are pointing to preggo so 🤷🏻‍♀️ we’re waiting until we get back to try a trusted brand 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny oh! Congratulations! Hopefully some other people will be around this board, it seems like you were in charge of the posts. Lol.

There isn’t much September left, maybe I’ll just wait for October to make a new thread.
  • @tumbleweed-1 no worries because I’m now on CD1 🤦🏻‍♀️ I KNEW this was going to happen. I waited a few days after getting that BFP to post in May 2021 just in case but nope. Less than 24 hours after joining, it arrives. Now I just look like a fool 🙈 well, I’m back home on BOTB ladies 😂
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Awe man. I’m sorry @jackie_dunny had you all decided to take the plunge and start trying? 

PS for what it’s worth anyone who was 2 weeks late and turned a test would have come to the same conclusion. You don’t look like a fool at all
  • @doodleoodle no we’ve actually been preventing still so it really made no sense to us lol we thought we could have been one of those very rare instances where condoms fail. Thanks for saying that, it makes me feel better. I was a bit embarrassed lol 

Have you decided if you’re going to NTNP?  
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny what a roller coaster of emotions. No wonder you were MIA!

There have been a few drunken “let’s go for it!” instances 😂 but maybe I’ll really take the plunge next month? I want to, but I’m still nervous 
  • @doodleoodle not the drunken “let’s go for it” 😂 have you and hubby talked about a fourth? 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• 😂😂 @jackie_dunny I KNOW! Shameful. We have talked about it a lot. He’s totally on board and hoping for twins 🤦‍♀️ But he works a lot and I’m a stay at home mom so his day to day life wouldn’t be quite as impacted as mine. He’s involved when he’s home and he’s a good dad but still not here 24/7 like I am.

How are you feeling?