Infertility
Options

Intro - IVF cycle started

Hi there! I have lurked for some time and really learned a ton as I was going through my first cycle earlier this year. I have been trying to conceive for 2.5 years, I have hydrosalpinx in both tubes. This was discovered during my HSG where the told me my fibroids would hinder any attempt at IVF. So I had an open myomectomy last year to remove 23 fibroids. That meant waiting at least 6 months before doing a transfer, but I was cleared for retrieval. I did my first retrieval in January of this year and have done 2 more since then. I was supposed to transfer after my last cycle, but my RE saw a polyp and wanted to remove it. So I had a polypectomy last month and just did my first transfer after seeing my first RE back in early 2018. This will be the first child for me and my husband.

Re: Intro - IVF cycle started

• Options
    Welcome and GL!  Sounds like you have been through an awful lot to get here. (((Hugs))) How did your retrievals go?  Are you planning / hoping to have more than one child?  I clearly have a lot of questions... lol
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @BusinessWife hi there! It’s been a journey for sure. I was reading this board about a year ago but I always felt so behind because it seemed like I would never get there 😆 Now that I’m at this stage, it feels like a miracle. I love questions so no worries! My first retrieval was ok, 3 retrieved and got 2 5-day blasts, the second retrieval I took my trigger late and got 3 but only 1 5-day blast. Then COVID hit and I had time to get a better prenatal vitamin, take CoQ-10, Vitamin D, and iron and this last round I got 5 eggs and 4 5-days blasts. I should mention I turned 40 in January, so I’m happy to get anything. We decided not to test and just transfer since we ended up with 7 frozen embabies (6 now since I’m carrying 1). Yes, we would like to have 2 (maybe 3) but mainly we just want a healthy baby. I will say the last retrieval was a breeze, no pain and felt great, that’s the batch we thawed from. What about you and your journey?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *TW* LCs / ivf success+failure

It's mostly all there in my siggy (which I realize people can't see who mobile bump)

<div class=" Spoiler">We started TTC mid-2015, only to find out my husband is azoospermic. 🤷 So that was a whole process to figure out what our options and next steps were, but LSS he apparently has no tubes to carry whatever sperm may be there.  We never really got a good explanation as to why, but at least we were able to retrieve sperm for ivf with icsi.  I had two back to back retrievals - we got a lot of eggs but just three and then four blasts to freeze, so very similar!  We did not do pgs and will plan to transfer all.

We lost our first embie, but had success with DD in 2018.  Then we lost two more prior to getting our second daughter just about a month ago!  So it remains to be seen the timing of our next FET, but it's never far from my mind... I'm thinking to schedule my saline sono in the new year, if not December, before my insurance changes, as we will most likely be oop for our remaining transfer (s).  I'm 37 and we did not keep the rest of DHs samples, so it's hard to think we could be so close to the end of our IF journey...</div>
    Congratulations on being PASP!  How soon will you test / have beta?
  • Options
    @BusinessWife thank you! Also thanks for sharing your story! My beta is scheduled for October 1, so less than a week to go now. 😅