Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now?

Re: Week 3 (05/15/21-05/21/21) Check-in w/o 09/20

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @spartan4life I was going to do the at home SneakPeek test, but then I found a lab that’ll do it for me (and with less risk of inaccuracy) for around the same price. My best friend from high school did it at home through and hers was spot on. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 19

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out. I always feel a twinge of jealousy at you team green mamas, but I just can’t do it! I’ll live vicariously through y’all. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: pencil eraser 

Upcoming appointments: October 6

How are you feeling?: so much nausea today, it was brutal. And nursing while pregnant is excruciating, I totally did not expect that kind of pain. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now?
    I wanted to be a vet, then a hotel manager, then a sahm. I didn’t get to veterinary school, but I did manage apartment communities, and now I’m a sahm. So, close enough?
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/20, 5+4
    FTM/STM/STM+: This will be my fourth
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out at the AS
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a brand new #2 eraser
    Upcoming appointments: Just had my pregnancy confirmation appointment on Thursday which was such a waste of time. Waiting for a call back now see when the doctor wants to see me for the dating ultrasound.
    How are you feeling?: Mostly ok, but I know I'm still early. I probably am also exhausted, but I feel like that's my baseline now, so I don't always notice
    Rants/Raves: 
    Questions:
    GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I wanted to be a lawyer, than an architect. I ended up being an IT auditor, which is a type of accountant, and a job I didn't know existed until I was job hunting, and my profession recommended me for it.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 I also feel like the first appointment is a bit of a waste of time... I had it over the phone this time so at least there was that. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 21st, 5w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: peppercorn

Upcoming appointments: none

How are you feeling?: I'm a big ball of nerves

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I wanted to be a marine biologist but realized in HS I wasn't a science person so much different than what I do now (project manager).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Am I the only team green in this group? I don’t know if I can handle that 😂
  • Options
    @samd6 I don't think I could handle being team green 🤣 my best friend did it with her first and was so excited and keeps telling me not to find out, but I just have to know!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @spartan4life but it is sooooo fun!! I’m going to hold strong & hopefully I’ll get another Team Green in here 😂 I’m seriously such a control freak in every other part of my life that this was kind of a relief to not know and was really really exciting to have that “it’s a boy!” Moment with just my husband. I think if we did find out, we wouldn’t tell anyone else and would just keep it to ourselves. 
  • Options
    @samd6 if we were on baby number 3 and already had a son and a daughter, we would totally be team green! But my daughter so desperately wants a sister that I need as many months as possible to prepare her if she’s getting a brother. Lord help us 😂
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6 weeks today

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We will probably be finding out. I wish we could find out and just not tell anyone. 😂

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chocolate chip!

Upcoming appointments: I go in or bloodwork Oct. 1 & and have my ultrasound and appointment with my doctor Oct. 5.

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling ok. I’m having lots of symptoms which is reassuring but I’ve got quite a bit of anxiety from time to time. I don’t like wishing time away but it is tough not to do. I really enjoy being pregnant once I know baby is doing ok. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions: I need transition pants. Lol. What all are you wearing? I was needing to go get new clothes before I got the positive. The bloating I’m dealing with right now is unreal. I feel like it is way to early to bust out my maternity clothes but my regular clothes make me feel gross and they aren’t comfortable. 

When I was really young I wanted to be a mailman or a fire fighter. This was mainly because of a Little People Main Street toy I had. 😂 As I got older, I thought about Physical Therapy. I really wish I would’ve pursued that more but all of the science scared me and I didn’t have teachers that presented it well in high school. I ended up going into teaching in the end and I’m a stay at home mom now. 😊
  • Options
    @samd6 @dlynn484 we found out and didn't tell anyone for all three of ours. Planning on doing the same this time.
  • Options
    @mrosek91 I want to do it so badly. We have two boys now. I don’t want to get a bunch of clothes from people if we have a girl. I won’t be having a shower but my ILs are very generous with baby gifts and I’m terrible and would rather pick out baby clothes. I wish I could be that person and just ask for gift cards if people want to get us something. I won’t do it though.
  • Options
    @dlynn484 I know what you mean about wishing time away!
  • Options

5/19, 6 weeks on Thursday. 

FTM/STM/STM+: 

This will be my fourth. I have a 12 yo daughter, 9 yo son and 4 yo daughter. 

Fiancé wants to be team green.. maybe... I really need to know! So who knows. I’m working on him. I’m afraid if I find out and he doesn’t I’ll ruin the surprise somehow. 

I think the app said Appleseed today? 

Upcoming appointments: 

First appointment on Friday for bloodwork and “pregnancy education” (which I laughed at, this will be my 4th. I certainly haven’t forgot anything! Tried to get out of it but they are making me go LOL). Appointment on 10/8 for US. 

How are you feeling?:

honestly I feel really terrible. So nauseous. I’ve been really sick in my last pregnancies with hyperemesis gravidarum. Lost 28 pounds with my first by 6 months. The next two were managed a little better but still wound up in hospital with all. Doesn’t look like this will be much different. I’m super tired as well. 

Rants/Raves:

Why do prenatals have to make you feel so icky?! And is anyone else severely (TMI) constipated??

Questions:

I wanted to be a police officer. I did join the military in 06 so I suppose part of me fulfilled that, though I was in intelligence operations. Now I own a marketing agency specializing in the commercial real estate industry. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 17; 6 weeks 1 day

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green! I want to be surprised, although I've successfully guessed all of my friends' genders based on how the carry, so I feel like I'll know :) (and I've already had a dream it's a girl...)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Sweet Pea

Upcoming appointments: My first appt with my OB is 10/2, but I'm going in to my fertility clinic for an ultrasound tomorrow to confirm intrauterine pregnancy, since my HCG levels are "a bit lower than expected" (in dr.'s words).

How are you feeling?: Absolutely exhausted. Sleeping for 10-12 hours a night. My boobs are absolutely huge and a little sore. I'm terrified for how much bigger they will get!

Rants/Raves:
    Hear ya on the prenatals - I have to split mine up and take them throughout the day bc they make me feel so sick! @brynn_mamaof4

Questions: SO MANY that I'm paralyzed to ask any. I'll start with this one - am I really supposed to limit my low mercury seafood intake? I've read conflicting things, and I eat a ton of seafood. I could have salmon every day of the week. I don't really eat / like meat, so I'm worried about my protein intake if I limit my seafood.

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I was pre-med in college, and realized as I was studying for the MCATs that I didn't want to be a doctor. And now I'm in digital marketing (much to the disappointment of my family...). Whoops!
  • Options
    @meganwhit for the low mercury fish thing, let me preface: I’ll eat deli meat and smoked/cured things, some runny eggs and some soft cheeses. I do try to LIMIT my mercury filled fish intake but I will eat tuna and some sushi during 2nd and 3rd tri. 

But if you are really concerned about your protein intake without those fishes, I’d talk to your doc and see what they have to say. They’ll be able to advise you best.
  • Options
    @meganwhit What @samd6 said. I will say I am vegetarian and was for my first pregnancy as well and my doctors never had concern about protein. You actually need to pay more attention to your omega intake which your prenatal should have. 
  • Options

May 15 (6+4)

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Finding Out

a pearl

Upcoming appointments:

Next week on Oct 1

How are you feeling?:

Exhausted, sore boobs, and no vomiting but constant low-grade nausea all dang day 

Rants/Raves: We’re moving next week, and all the prep work has me DRAINED. I’m usually really active, but I keep needing to take breaks and sit down while packing which is very annoying. Sunday was a hard day where we were taking heavy stuff and furniture to storage, but my husband woke up early to surprise me with bagels and they were the perfect treat on my bad stomach. 

Questions: 

I’ve heard that nausea usually subsides somewhat after the first tri, but do you ever get your energy back? Anything you’ve found helpful for overcoming the fatigue?

I wanted to be an actor, which I am! It’s definitely a lot harder and less glamorous than I imagined when I was younger, but working in comedy and writing for myself/ developing my own projects has also turned out to be a lot more rewarding and empowering than the straight acting path my younger self thought I would take. 

@feelingjovani - also a big bravo head over here. Very curious to see what RHOSLC is like!

• Options
    @harpyhotwheel Ugh yes to the exhaustion making moving harder! We’re in a similar boat and I’m getting frustrated too. I did have my energy almost entirely back in 2nd tri through 35ish weeks. 
  • Options
    @harpyhotwheel +1 to Bravo and can't wait for the new housewives! In my experience, the exhaustion does go away in the second trip like @SkilledSailor said. With my first, I could barely get out of bed, I was so exhausted! We just moved a month ago, before I got pregnant and I can't imagine moving now...good luck with the move!!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @harpyhotwheel I'm super excited for SLC! Apparently there's a woman who married her dead grandmother's second husband.  You can't make this stuff up!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ec1212ec1212 member
    edited September 2020
    (ETA: Creeping on this thread) Just joining the Bravo/RH fan club over here. @feelingjovani your handle makes me smile every time (tho I will admit I'm happy Dorinda is taking a time out for a while). 
  • Options
    @dlynn484 I totally already broke out my maternity jeans. No shame here. They're way more comfortable than trying to button anything, because I've got some serious bloat issues, too. As soon as I'm home, I get into pajama pants. For me, pregnancy is about survival sometimes, not looking presentable LOL :D
  • Options
    @ec1212 I'm definitely glad she's taking a time out!  I used to really like her but man was she dark this season.  I might have to change my handle to Vivaladiva  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker