December 2020 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-In 9/24/2020

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board.

How far along are you?

Upcoming Appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 9/24/2020

• Options
    How far along are you? 28w6d

Upcoming Appointments? Just had an ultrasound on Tuesday - next appointment in 3 weeks

Cravings/Symptoms? Hips hurt at night while sleeping. Wrist brace has helped with carpel tunnel at night in hand

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Doing well! Apparently I am measuring almost 2 weeks ahead and baby girl weighs 3lbs already! Doctor mentioned they may induce me at 39 weeks, but that will obv depend on how things progress and how my last echo looks, etc. 

Questions? I know a few of us have dogs - anyone read any good books on how to prepare the dogs for the baby, introducing the baby, etc. My littlest dog is already stealing her dolls and I'm constantly chasing him down and exchanging it for one of his toys  :D 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 29+2!

Upcoming Appointments? October 13th for routine midwife appt

Cravings/Symptoms? Finally starting to feel good eating healthy foods again! 

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Rave: DH will be home in 10 days. Rant: due to the hernia with the restrictions I feel like I’m getting more and more out of shape as the days go by and I just don’t want to completely let myself go so trying my best to eat healthy! Random: the city finally came to fix the grass in my front yard (just in time for snow lol) 

Questions? Anyone know anything about spinning babies? Little dude is still completely transverse and should be up and down by now lol 

@feather_heather I don’t have any books but I took my little guy to 1:1 training just twice and got a bunch of advice from the dog trainer, most importantly teaching him “leave it” for baby’s toys, that baby’s “toy bins” are a no go zone for him, and “go to your mat/bed/kennel” so when you need puppy to leave you alone like to breastfeed you’re not just shooing Way but redirecting them! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tryingktogku - That's so exciting that your husband will be home in 10 days!! Do you have anything planned for when he gets home? 

I don't know anything about spinning babies! Hopefully he'll fix himself soon!

Yeah every time he takes her toys I tell him no and direct him to his toy basket and give him a toy from that. I think I need to try to find him a toy with a rattle noise in it - because it's just one of her toys that he's fixated on and it makes a rattling noise! He'll knock over the basket and dig thru the whole thing to find that one bunny! haha 
  • Options
    @feather_heather I’m not 100% sure if I’m even off work the day he comes home so not yet haha other than babies room is basically done and I think he will be shocked! I may make him his fav meal and plan to like do all his laundry and stuff so he can shower and get used to being home again :) and I’ve limited my little guys toys to only yak cheese bones, rope toys, and squeaky balls so he know that stuffies and things that rattle and crinkle are only for baby! We have some toys in a bin in baby’s room that we take out and let him sniff then practice saying leave it and putting it back in the bin and saying leave it again and he is doing pretty good! 
  • Options
    @tryingktogku - Ohh that's a good idea! Unfortunately my dogs love their stuffies, which make up 90% of their toys! So I know it's going to be hard for the little one to differentiate his toys from hers (he's not the brightest bulb nor the best listener). My bigger dog knows that's not his basket so he won't be an issue. 
  • Options
    @feather_heather well maybe baby won’t have stuffies as their main toys then so the pups can!?