Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IUI Timing Advice

Hi all! I need some advice. Today is day 12 of my cycle. We went for our ultrasound today and I have a few mature eggs on my right ovary; one is large measuring 17cm. The nurse said she would let it grow and inseminate Friday, but that the doctor already has an IUI scheduled for tomorrow so she may want to do it then. I would rather wait until Friday but worried the doctor might suggest tomorrow since that would be more convenient for her. I think tomorrow will be too early and we haven't even triggered yet. Not to mention, our sperm is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I'm just straight up stressin'.

Re: IUI Timing Advice

• Options
    dirty lurker.... if your working with an RE, they would have you trigger and do the IUI 36hours after the trigger... that is pretty standard for an IUI.. though there are some that will do 24 and 48 hours post trigger. Your largest follie will keep growing, but if whoever your seeing is worth their salt then they schedule the IUI for when your body/follies are ready. Plus having sperm is kinda important...
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    What @wabash15 said! 

And it might be a typo but 17 cm would be huge! I think you meant mm. Typically REs like to see them over 20 mm before doing a trigger. Sounds like you need to talk with your RE. 

Then intro yourself on the newbie thread. And join the IF thread for questions like these instead of doing 1 off posts. There is a lot of science backed data there for you to peruse in the archives too. GL!