May 2021 Moms

Meal Plan Monday 9/21

Hey Mamas! 

Figured I would go ahead and start this week's meal plan thread. I'm so sorry if someone else is in charge of this! 

I really love cooking and baking, but I'm always looking for new meals for my family. We tend to get into ruts and eat the same thing over and over until we're sick of it 😂😂

Now that we're expecting, we definitely need to tighten the reigns and stick with a meal plan.

Here's ours for the week:

Monday: Chicken fried rice

Tuesday: Beef Roast with potatoes and carrots

Wednesday: Chicken fajitas 🤤

Thursday: Breakfast - pancakes, eggs, bacon or sausage

Friday: Grilled ranch chicken with cheesey broccoli and rice casserole

Saturday: Cheddar bacon burgers with fries

Sunday: Baked penne and meatballs

I can't wait to see what everyone else has planned for this week! Happy Monday Mamas! 😁😁♥️
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Meal Plan Monday 9/21

• I need someone to post a meatless meal plan.  Andddddd go.  :s
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Haha @texas_t I gotchu (my husband is pescatarian so Sun-Wed when he’s home is always meat-free or at least meat separate). 

Tonight - quesadillas with refried beans and sautéed veggies 
    Tues - orrechiette with broccoli rabe (grocery delivery meal kit cause I’m lazy AFFFF and am trying to do easy things)
    Rest of week - more pastas - with kale sauce (NYT recipe), with jarred Alfredo and frozen peas or spinach, tossed with whatever herbs are in the fridge/feta/walnuts and pesto

Backups: tater tots & hash browns from freezer, boxed shells & cheese 

• Loading the player...
  • I am having major aversions to meat, @texas_t so other than tonight's dinner, which is a hold over from last week, we're going all vegetarian. 

Monday - Red Lentil with Cauliflower and Chicken Sausage

Tuesday - Burrito bowls (brown rice, black beans, burrito toppings)

Wednesday - Zucchini lasagna, w/garlic bread 

Thursday - Spinach feta Quiche w/ broccolini

Friday - Black bean enchiladas

• I don't have the days set nor all the details yet, but I'll be making the following (sorry for those of you suffering from meat intolerance! I'm going out of my way to try to eat a lot of protein to promote a strong water bag...!):
    Chicken legs
    Steak
    Caramelized Tofu with sesame bok choy
    Ground Turkey meatballs

I have a quiche in the freezer as a backup!
  • @ec1212 A+ for your broccoli rabe pasta bc for some reason broccoli sounds good. I usually like it, but it sounds especially good, lol

@marz1pan Ooooo, zucchini lasagna.  I wish it wasn't so labor intensive, but its delicious.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Made a gumbo last night and having leftovers today, also on the menu...

Stuffed porkchop's with roasted brussels sprouts

Pork tenderloin with asparagus and stuffed mushrooms

meatball stew and cabbage

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• - Taco salad
    - Chicken fried rice and goyza
    - Beef stew
    - Pesto chicken with roasted broccoli
    - Buccatini carbonara with salad
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Monday- fried rice w/veg for me, ribeye and asparagus for husband (I almost barfed when I smelled the meat and asparagus cooking)
    Tuesday- Taco Tuesday! Meatless first me, beans instead 
    Wednesday- Enchilada bake w/veg
    Thursday- Chile Verde, red rice, broccoli 
    Friday- Idk, probably Wendy’s because it’s my carpool night for soccer practice 😉 FRIES Friday!!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Last night I made bruschetta chicken with roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts. Like you @texas_t I feel like I could eat all the brussel sprouts right now...they sound so good! And broccoli sounds good too...which is weird because last pregnancy I could only eat carbs and gagged on all the veggies.

Tonight: shrimp stir fry with broccoli, carrots, onion,baby corn and rotini

Our other meal this week is southwest chicken flatbreads. It is naan with mozzarella, turkey bacon, chicken and red peppers then after it bales you top it with avocado, ranch and cilantro...so good!

I usually choose 3 meals a week to make and we eat them twice. We almost always order out at least once.
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @spartan4life what is it about the May babies loving on the brussels sprouts? It's all I want! well and dortios