Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What are your top three favorite TV shows of all time?

Re: Weekly Check-in /// Week of 9/14

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20W6D
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out (I hope)
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a paper airplane!
    Upcoming appointments: appointment today, everything looked good :)
    How are you feeling?:  Pretty good, a little tired and a little like I want to clean the whole house.
    Rants/Raves: Nope
    Questions: 
    GTKY: What are your top three favorite TV shows of all time? The first three that come to mind are Gilmore Girls, Bones, The West Wing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24w 3d 
    FTM/STM/STM+: 4th timer 
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pomegranate, and apparently the same weight as an NBA basketball.
    Upcoming appointments: MW appt on Thursday
    How are you feeling?: Fine except the added weight on my front is making an old pinched nerve flare up.
    Rants/Raves: None
    Questions: None

1. The Office
    2. Avatar: The Last Airbender
    3. Downton Abbey

Honorable mentions to Man in the High Castle, GoT, and Vikings, but Im a real wimp about violence and had to look away too many times to put them in my top 3, even though the stories were compelling.
  • Options
    @amm126 baby over here was also head down at the anatomy scan.  Tech told me there's still lots of room and it will likely move some more.
  • Options
    whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited September 2020
    Will come back for tags!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23+5, 1/8
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a bunch of grapes, building breathing sacs in lungs
    Upcoming appointments: 9/29
    How are you feeling?: Good, nothing special to report at the moment
    Rants/Raves: Here's some ridiculous neighbor drama -
    Our annoying neighbors (we're in a small apartment bldg) found a passive-aggressive note on our trash cans on Monday and immediately, rather aggressively accused us of leaving it! Umm...we didn't. We don't even know what the stupid note said b/c they haven't told us when we asked. They eventually sent a kind-of apology but the tone was like "oops sorry, just a misunderstanding but could've happened to anyone!" and didn't acknowledge that this wasn't normal behavior on their part! My SO wanted to clear the air and make sure they don't have some kind of big issue with us, because the fact that they came on so strong toward us after seeing one note, made it seem like they were fed up with us in some way! But they didn't come to the door when he knocked and didn't reply to our text when we checked in to make sure everything was cool. They basically dropped a grenade and then scampered away and made things super weird! I've never been involved in neighbor drama before! Also, these people literally left two little bags of dog poop in the hallway for like 3 days a couple weeks ago and we said nothing about it! I'm pretty sure we're not the bad neighbors here. 
    Questions: I can't remember if this has been asked (possibly even by me) but has everyone been laying on their right side still? A nurse told me the right side is fine (and said the concern about even laying on your back is a bit over-sold b/c you would probably move to a new position organically if you started to feel the effects of the compression it causes) - but a couple of yoga teachers have suggested left is best so I try to stick to it. But the right side has actually been more comfy for me during pregnancy for some reason!
    GTKY: What are your top three favorite TV shows of all time? I would probably go with Mad Men, Sex & the City, and Seinfeld (I have a sentimental attachment to that one, my family watched it every night together when I was a teenager). 
  • Options
    @AshleyGemini24 Hugs friend. You’re not alone. Bed rest has caused me to gain and swell and I just feel so blah. DH and I can’t even have sex until Christmas (bet you wanted to know that 😂) which kind of adds to it because I just feel awful. It will pass. Hang in there. Give yourself some grace, you’re building a person! 

@whitealbum29 Super bizarre that they would assume it was you and come after you like that. 😳 I think you guys are right that there must be some underlying issue they’re having with you guys. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22w0d 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a coconut! 

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until GD test and growth scan in mid October

How are you feeling?: I actually feel pretty good! But my lower back guys. 😬 Its bad. 

Rants/Raves: Guys this baby is huge. I wasn’t concerned about it but now MFM seems to be. He’s in the 93rd percentile, which apparently warrants monthly ultrasounds to monitor his size. He is definitely bigger than my other two, but not much (DD and DS were both 85th ish percentile) but yikes. At least my GD test is soon, so we can either rule that out or it will explain it. 

Questions: None this week 

GTKY: What are your top three favorite TV shows of all time? Ohh I don’t know. Friends, Boy Meets World, and This Is Us. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Endive

Upcoming appointments: 3 weeks for a follow up AS since baby was too active last week to get all the measurements. So a bonus US! 

How are you feeling?: Physically I’m doing well. Emotionally I’m a wreck! My boss (our CEO) was unexpectedly let go on Monday. And it’s just been chaos and instability since then. I’m also in-house counsel and have been trying to play catch up with making the right corporate changes and I’m over it. I also really liked him, and have no faith in the direction the company is now headed. So.... working on my resume 😔

Rants/Raves: see above! Rave: baby girl is finally big enough for me to feel movement a couple times a day and I love it.

Questions: when is everyone’s GD test? I don’t remember how far along they do that one and forgot to ask at my last appointment.

CSI (Las Vegas) 
    Friends
    Nit sure I can narrow down a final one.... family guy, the Office, How I Met Your Mother, we also love cooking shows like Iron Chef and Chopped. 
  • Options
    @lavenderclouds Ugh so sorry about the fires and the air quality, I hope things get under control soon (and that we can start taking action to avoid extreme events like this instead of just letting them continue year after year!). It is a bit of a surreal time to be bringing a baby into the world...I try to remember that people have had babies throughout history when terrible things were going on but I definitely worry about the future. 
    @AshleyGemini24 So sorry you are feeling crummy and I love what carleym said about grace. Maybe your DH should draw you a bath or do something else to make you feel extra beautiful!
    @carleym93 Sorry your lower back is bad, that is the worst! Eeks you're growing a big and strong baby! Hopefully the GD test rules that out and he's just a super-baby. :) I agree about the neighbors, I wonder if I got added to their sh*t-list a few weeks ago when I sent them a (very polite and respectful) text after I found that the front door of the building had swung open -- they frequently don't lock it so I just sent a text to the whole building saying "Let's all make sure we lock the door because it can just open otherwise!" Maybe they don't react well to any feeling that they're being told what to do...but I thought it was a pretty reasonable and polite request!
    @krisspy22 - Ugh sorry about the unpleasantness at work, that creates such a weird feeling in a workplace when someone unexpectedly leaves like that. 
  • Options
    @krisspy22 I had the GD test done yesterday at my 24 week appointment. Typically it is done between 24 and 28 weeks. But each doctor is different 
  • Options
    @AshleyGemini24 Thanks! My Dr didn’t mention it at my 20 week appointment, (so I assumed it wasn’t at 24). I’m guessing it’ll be 28. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10; 23w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: Next Wednesday for OB appt, then next Thursday for fetal echo

How are you feeling?: Pretty good; getting hungry more often, especially at night.

Rants/Raves: I love that it's getting cooler outside!

Questions: For those of you who are having your baby sleep in your room for 6 months to a year, when are you getting your crib? For my first, we got it when she was around 5 months and kept her in our room for another month, until we realized she kept waking up when we would go to sleep, and figured she'd sleep better in her own room (she did!). Probably going to do the same for this one, but we'll probably still be in the middle of the pandemic, maybe even lockdown - who knows. So I don't know if we should try getting it before she's born, or try soon after. I'm also slightly superstitious when it comes to buying things for the new baby, so there's that added complication, but I also want to be prepared and not have to worry down the road.

GTKY: What are your top three favorite TV shows of all time? Arrested Development, The Office/Parks and Rec/The Good Place (I put them in the same listing because they're written/directed/produced by the same people and I love them all), This Is Us. Also have been watching Grey's Anatomy since the beginning, so I would add that. I'd add more but I think it'll just show how much TV I watch, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.  :D

@lavendarclouds Thinking of you and anyone else affected by the wildfires. It sounds downright scary.
    @ashleygemini24 So sorry you're feeling this way; I agree with what carleym said about grace and what whitealbum said about having your husband do something to make you feel beautiful!
    @whitealbum29 That sounds so bizarre! It makes you wonder what goes on in people's heads sometimes. Based on your second post, it definitely sounds like they're the ones with the problem.
    @krisspy22 Yikes! That kind of uncertainty at work makes things so stressful. Good luck.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21+0
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Endive
    Upcoming appointments: 9/23 is our fetal echo
    How are you feeling?: Still good! I can finally feel the baby move consistently so that's fun :) DH has felt it a few times too.
    Rants/Raves: Our office is pushing to have us all back inside and I'm not a fan. I just saw a meeting pop up on my calendar for next week. It would change nothing about the way I work (we still can't attend meetings in person so we have to conference call/video call from our desk). It just seems unnecessary right now.
    Questions:
    GTKY: What are your top three favorite TV shows of all time? I would have to go Lost, GoT, and Breaking Bad
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    msjaay Yeah, another Lost fan! Oh man, that show took so many hours of my life. Re back to the office: I keep wondering when my office will start requesting people to come back in. They're in NYC and I don't think it will happen until Feb at earliest. I've been approved to work remote for the foreseeable future as I moved away, which is nice. 
    whitealbum29 I lie on my right side most of the time, this is no problem from what I understand. Also, super weird building drama. Makes me glad I no longer live in a building. Neighbors probably feeling lots of pent up rage from covid frustrations. I'd just let it blow over and not push/text them too much. 
    supersara2 For us, I'll be sleeping on a daybed in the nursery for the first few months while feedings occur at night. We'll plan to switch to a crib right around 6 months. 
    krisspy22 Oh wow, that's a shock when the CEO is let go. I understand your desire to leave as well. Though it must be a tough time to transfer jobs...not only covid, but also bc our society is so adverse to hiring pregnant women. 
    carleym93  :D I had to laugh at your "this baby is super huge" comment. I hope it ends up being a good thing -- just a sign of a strong, healthy baby? And maybe that's what's contributing to the back pain? 
    AshleyGemini24 My SIL who's pregnant has SPD. She's been ordered to avoid stairs. Sorry to hear about this pain! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: I posted in last week's thread earlier this week oops. Posting again in attempt not to miss one!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chipotle burrito

Upcoming appointments: OB 10/7

How are you feeling?: pretty good! I'm definitely looking more pregnant and less like I just ate too many quarantine snacks

Rants/Raves: I'm going to a big consignment sale tomorrow, I've been before and there is usually a lot of good stuff. Hopefully I can find some good deals for DD and this baby. The crib I ordered last week came yesterday! 

Questions: none today

GTKY: What are your top three favorite TV shows of all time? The Office, P&R, and Lost. I really like Call the Midwife too but I'm pretty sure I didn't watch it last pregnancy and might have to wait to watch this new season until this baby is here. My BFF told me she'd screen the episodes for me and give me a TW haha

@whitealbum29 I've always heard left side but I'm more comfortable on my right. I always end up on my back though, my OB told me the same thing about how we'd naturally move if it was causing harm. 
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    1/4 24w 3d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments:
    9/22 for growth scan and regular appointment 

How are you feeling?:
    well...Covid wise I’m fine, taste is coming back but still no smell

I broke out in a rash all over my body (except my belly) that baffled me because it looks like pupps but pupps “always” starts on the belly. After trying multiple things the derm finally biopsied it and it’s pupps. Third pregnancy in a row with pupps and this time it’s just a really weird presentation of it. If you haven’t had it I hope you don’t, it’s absolutely awful. If you do get it you’re not supposed to get it in subsequent pregnancies, it’s also more likely in boy pregnancies. Well I’ve gotten it for 3, two of which were girls. I’m just so sad, I can’t imagine dealing with this for 15 more weeks. I’m glad it’s identified and we can’t start the treatments that we know helped in the past. I would love to catch a break though. 

Rants/Raves:
    see above

Questions:
    none

oh that’s hard. Probably Lost, Outlander and HIMYM

@whitealbum29 I just lay however is comfortable (fourth pregnancy problems haha) I’m convinced our bodies will tell us when something isn’t good

I can’t find who asked, but GD test is usually 28 weeks, some do it at 24. 

@ashleygemini24 I have SPD this time too, it’s sucks, I’m so sorry. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Options
    @HappyFeet34 I had PUPPS with DS and it was absolutely awful!! I developed it around 30 weeks but I never had it on my stomach. My arms and my legs got it really really bad. Because it wasn’t on my stomach at all it took weeks for a doctor to diagnose me. When they finally did I was put on steroids, prescription itch cream, and was allowed to take 2 Benadryl a day to help and they agreed to induce me a week early. But man, I just remember sitting in the shower crying because I was so uncomfortable and no one was helping me. 

I really hope they can keep it under control for you this go around.
  • Options
    HappyFeet34HappyFeet34 member
    edited September 2020
    @krisspy22 I’m so sorry. That’s how it was with my first too. No one would help and I didn’t know how to advocate for myself because I didn’t understand it. They all just kept saying it wasn’t harmful to the baby and would go away when she was born. Well it didn’t, it covered my entire body except my face and hands I finally went to a derm who put me on tons of steroids. My second we caught and treated early and it wasn’t so awful. This one we let go too long again because they kept misdiagnosing me because it’s the first time it didn’t start on my belly. It’s really awful. I’m on Topicort spray and using grandpas pine tar soap. I’m also drinking dandelion and nettle leaf tea. I’m going to talk to my OB about oral options Tuesday. 

I really hope you don’t get it again. It’s apparently rare to get more than once but I’m proof it happens. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Options
    I can't remember tags, but my thoughts after reading through....

Sorry to those with PUPPS and/or SPD ☹️ hopefully all can be managed well

Sleeping on left side is ideal, right side is fine, and you will be uncomfortable from compression on your back

Instead of setting up the crib, could you do a pack and play in your room temporarily? We always had the crib in the nursery and would sometimes use it for naps and had a bassinet/pack n play in our bedroom until we have baby sleep in her own room at about 4-6 months. It was really nice having her used to a pack and play when we were visiting family
  • Options
    @jumpy57 That's exactly what we did with the first, minus the naps in the crib. Maybe we'll get a crib sooner rather than later, just so we have it.