February 2021 Moms

Thankful Thursday 9/17

Tell us what you're thankful for! 

Re: Thankful Thursday 9/17

• Today I’m thankful for a day where I don’t have plans to run around anywhere so the boys and I can just catch up on laundry and do things at our own pace. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations, @kkfishy9! That's awesome!

I'm thankfully in the same boat as @mdfarmchick today. It's rainy and low 50s here, so it's a perfect day to make a cozy pot of root veggie soup and some pumpkin cookies. Hopefully I can get some cleaning done, too.
  • @hannahbananas11 now I want to make pumpkin cookies too! It’s raining and low 70’s here for the next two days. 
  • Congratulations @kkfishy9!

I'm thankful that as soon as I copy a few notes in the a.m., the project I've been working on for the past 4 days all day every day at work will be finally over.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @WildMagelet that’s such a good feeling! Hopefully you treat yourself after work tomorrow with a good dinner or at least an afternoon snack!
  • @hannahbananas11 @mdfarmchick anyone wanna share their pumpkin cookie recipe? Pretty please!

I’m thankful for how this evening turned out. I had a virtual class from 7-9p which i would have completely missed bed/bathtime for my 2yo. My H took DS for our usual evening walk, and did bathtime. I knew DS would freak if I didn’t do bedtime and luckily my class ended early just after 8pm. I could hear DS starting a meltdown and was able to go up and help H and put DS to bed. I know we have to get DS used to H doing bedtime since once kiddo #2 comes along I won’t be able to do it every night but I also didn’t want to deal with the meltdown tonight. Plus I wanted to spend a little more time with him since he was at daycare today and I barely saw him all day. 
  • @moguippy This is the one that I make and it's always a big hit. I don't dye the icing like in the cover picture, though. That looks cringeworthy to me. LOL I also like to add cinnamon to the icing.
  • I’m thankful for my new “mom mobile.” It has been a pretty week at my house because we picked up our 2020 Chrysler Pacifica on Monday night, anatomy scan Tuesday and my husband got a promotion wednesday!

im hoping to be able to quit my job and stay home in about a year now that my husband got a promotion! 
  • @hannahbananas11 you forgot the link!

@babymamadimo that sounds like an awesome week!
  • edited September 2020
    @moguippy Oh gosh. I'd like to blame it on pregnancy brain, but that's the norm for me postpartum and before kids, too. LOL
    Here's the link: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/10033/iced-pumpkin-cookies/
    ETA: here's a picture of them while I was icing them (I do a criss-cross pattern with a fork so that the icing pools a bit in the valleys, and then just dunk the tops rather than drizzle it because I like maximum icing on mine).
  • @babymamadimo that is awesome news !!!! Wow! I’ll take a week like that please. 😄 

Now I need to make pumpkin things.... 
  • @hannahbananas11 those look delicious and I will def be trying them!