December 2020 Moms
Options

TTGP Grad Check-In 9/17/2020

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board.

How far along are you?

Upcoming Appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 9/17/2020

• Options
    How far along are you? 27w6d

Upcoming Appointments? Ultrasound on Tuesday

Cravings/Symptoms? None

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Doing well! Excited to reach the third trimester tomorrow and see her again next week! 

Questions? Anyone else get a pain in their ribcage when trying to lay on their side? I'm assuming it's her positioning and when I lay on the left side she's squishing into them or something?
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28+2

Upcoming Appointments? October 13th! Next routine midwife Appt

Cravings/Symptoms? Craving comfort foods like pasta and bread lol but feeling over stuffed yet hungry all the time! 

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Modified work for my hernia is going well and I’m grateful I can continue to work! (Is go crazy being off this early) hopefully DH will be home in he next 4-6 weeks so the countdown is on!

Questions? Anyone else getting the flu shot and a TDAP booster? My midwife said she highly recommends both so I think I’ll get them this year! (I’m not an anti-Vaxer I just never get the flu shot because I work in a hospital and get exposed to the bug every year and build my own immunity which his why I’ve never gotten the flu!)

@feather_heather I get lots of weird pains in different positions depending on where he is lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tryingktogku - Yup! I think i'm scheduled to get both the flu shot and Tdap on Tuesday! Also going to ask my doctor to verify, but I'm pretty sure that my DH and any close relatives that will visit a lot will also need to get it!
  • Options
    @feather_heather. I saw my Dr yesterday and she said that any close relatives need to have had the TDAP within the past year.  The tetanus and diphtheria parts are good for ten years, but the pertussis (the one we are concerned about for newborns) is only good for a year.  I thought it was good for ten years.  Also the flu shot, but that is "new" every year.  I got my flu shot yesterday and TDAP in a couple weeks.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks

Upcoming Appointments?  Starting up the two week rotation.  Appt yesterday so in two more weeks again

Cravings/Symptoms?  Sour fruit snacks.  I have been getting bad heartburn and just feeling gross after 2pm most days.  So I have been skipping dinner in favor of a protein shake and some crackers.

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?
    Feeling a little out of sorts with my MIL's enthusiasm.  She is so excited and wants to be here immediately.  She even offered to drive my mom down as well, but my mom isn't planning to come right away.  I am already feeling a little possessive of this baby and know that is the wrong attitude!!  Probably need to talk with my therapist about it.  

@feather_heather. Enjoy checking in on your little girl.  I don't get a pain near my ribcage, but normally an awful fluttering feeling.  It feels like butterflies are inside and trying to get out (sorry for the creepy visual).  It normally only happens on the left side, so I normally switch positions and it helps.  You are a little further along, so it might be coming.   

@tryingktogku. Yay for the countdown.  I have wanted onion rings and fries for my comfort foods.  I told my husband I would kill someone for potato chips yesterday.  Just the plain ones that I normally hate.  
  • Options
    @feather_heather @dobiemom11 that’s good to know! I’ll have to ask my Dr if he recommends  my husband gets the aTdap too!
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 - Oh wow every two weeks already!? So exciting! I'm feeling a little possessive already too, but more because I'm just worried about being so overwhelmed with all the new things with a baby plus having house guests - just seems like too much to me! Already told my parents I don't want overnight visitors, and told DH he needs to inform his mom of that rule. 
  • Options
    @feather_heather. That is what I am also worried about.  It isn't really an option for us with family living 8 hours away and hotels being a kinda gray area with Covid and flu season.  I am also envisioning just being a little overwhelmed with recovery and figuring out how to raise a baby.  I am sure my MIL will have lots of advice which I am not sure if I will agree with or take in the right mindset.  I feel like I will want to be "perfect" at parenting and set in my routines before people come.  That is of course completely CRAZY!!  I mentioned to DH that I wanted a day at home to get acclimated before guests come.  It is still under discussion.  
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 - yeah I completely agree! I also don't really want my MIL telling me what to do and I want time to get settled and figure out some sort of routine on our own first. My DH is on the same page which is good - but I don't think he's broken the news to his mother yet
  • Options
    @feather_heather @dobiemom11 it’s a good thing you’re t  try big to set expectations now tho for family members! Hopefully they understand and make it easy for y’all!