Infertility

Finally Making My Intro

Hello all,

I have to admit I have been reading this message board for months but am only just introducing myself. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 yrs. Even though I was 36 when we start I waited over a year to go to a fertility clinic, convinced if I could just get the ovulation timing right things would work out. In the past 6 months we have had 2 failed IUI cycles and I learned today that our IVF transfer didn't take. We now have 1 embryo left and I'm feeling pretty hopeless.  I have 3 close friends who all got pregnant this year so easily. I love them so much and hate feeling so resentful of their happiness.  Anyway,  thanks to everyone in this community for your openness.  It is a true comfort. 

Re: Finally Making My Intro

• Welcome! 
    So sorry to hear your failed cycle - it’s always devastating. Was it a fresh transfer? I heard there are actually higher chances with a frozen transfer, when your body is not overwhelmed with the IVF meds, so don’t give up on your remaining embryo!!
    Hope you’ll find the support you need here ❤️
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Thanks. It was a FET. I wasn't given the option of a fresh transfer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jo8223 I'm so sorry to hear the struggles you are going through. I second FuzzyDust, that you find the support you need here <3 Keeping you in my prayers.
  • Thanks so much @ffm11. Taking a month off to try and feel normal again and reset. On a side note, why don't the drs warn you how terrible your period will be after a failed transfer?? 
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/jo8223" class="js-userCard" data-userid="11732813">jo8223</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">Thanks so much @ffm11. Taking a month off to try and feel normal again and reset. On a side note, why don't the drs warn you how terrible your period will be after a failed transfer?? </div>
    </blockquote>
    Idk When my first transfer failed (medicated cycle) it was absolutely. Horrid.  Like worst period ever. 😖 Insult to injury, right?  My other two failed natural cycles were not that bad, I don't know if the meds have anything to do with it. (((Hugs)))