January 2021 Moms
Options

Fit Fri-yay! 9/4

How is everyone doing with their fitness/wellness goals these days?

Re: Fit Fri-yay! 9/4

• Options
    I’m still doing pretty good with my goal of working out 5 times a week and walking the dogs 2 miles each day. My problem is still that I eat so terribly. We gave hello fresh a try, I’m hoping not having to use so much brain power to plan dinners will help me the rest of the day. 
  • Options
    Still pretty good! I've been doing CrossFit for around 7 or 8 years now so I still continue with that but with modifications as needed. I follow a lot of pages on instagram like BirthFit and Brianna Battles and that's been helpful as well.

I do CF workouts 5 days a week, run one day, and then have a rest day. My run day has turned into a 5K walk with my H since I'm not running very much anymore. I also do yoga during my lunch breaks but that's more like stretching to help with mobility and recovery. I take days off if I need to and just try to listen to my body.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @msjaay fellow CrossFitter here!  I'm usually pretty consistent 3-4x/week, but the last few weeks we've been up at the cottage a lot so haven't been making it in very often.

We were just up there for a 7 day stretch, and I started out walking 4-5 miles every day, but then mid-week I twisted my ankle walking down a muddy hill after some rain, so I'm just siting around until it doesn't hurt to walk anymore.  I've noticed more hip pain with the decreased activity the past few days so looking forward to getting back to normal.

• Options
    Wow a lot of dedicated exercisers here! I would say I've been decent, I'm doing a program called Fit Pregnancy Club which is light weights/cardio/some pilates-type stuff. I tend to stick to the 20min "express" videos rather than their full-class 45min ones and I should probably beef it up. I'm doing that about 3 times a week and then yoga 2-3 times. One thing I've gotten pretty bad about is not getting out and taking a walk enough! I feel so much better when I do but working from home all day sometimes it just feels like effort to leave the house.  :# I think the week before last I got to Friday and realized I literally had not...left...the house all WEEK except to take out the trash and get mail. Yikes. 
  • Options
    @whitealbum29
    Pre my husband getting his new car (thank god) I would let him take mine and it would be wayyy to hot to take the soft top wrangler with no windows in 100+ degrees. So I was stranded here allllllll the time so I could unfortunately relate on not leaving the house! 
    So happy my fortune has turned with the gym finally back open and my car back full time 😩👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼❣️
  • Options
    @hp242 sorry to hear about your ankle, keeping it moving (like walking or just drawing the ABCs with your toes) will help. Depending on how bad it was make sure to do some focused strengthening exercises with it and think about a brace if going on iffy terrain. 
  • Options
    @hp242 I'm sorry about your ankle :( I hope you're on the mend soon and I totally feel you on the hip pain. I notice that moving around actually helps with my hip pain a lot at night.
  • Options
    @msjaay I follow Brianna battles too, and the person she’s been doing some co pregnancy/post pregnancy workout programs with, heather osby, is local to me, that’s how I found her!
  • Options
    @jumpy57 Thanks!  I've been trying to strengthen it while also not using it enough to cause constant pain.  I've been off it most of the past 2 days and it seems to be getting better, so I probably just need to keep not using it and I'll be good to go soon.

@msjaay same with less irritation when I'm active.  The physiotherapist at my gym has given me some other stuff to do to help my hip since I'm moving less: glute bridges, cat-cows, wide stance child pose and butterfly-ing my legs with a 1-2 inch up and down to loosen the joint.
  • Options
    I’m still working out about 5-6 times a week. I started the beachbody boxing program. It’s really low impact and a bit easy compared to what I’m used to, but it’s perfect for me right now. I wish there were more strength days. Sometimes I throw in an extra lifting session at the end of a Boxing Day. I also skip the core in this program which is just begging to make my diastisis recti worse and replace it with pregnancy friendly core work. Im already itching to get back to my regular workouts after baby, but with how much I’ve screwed up my abs in the past and my SPD I’m trying to be cautious. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Options
    Late to last week’s party, but I’m still consistently working out 6-7 times a week. Most mornings before work include 30 minutes of elliptical with some strength built in. I was able to go for a run last week which felt good, but definitely felt it more later. 

On the weekends my workouts are more low impact: walking the dogs, or a hike with DS in the woods. Enough activity to keep me moving without overdoing it. This week DH hasn’t been feeling well so I’ve gotten stuck walking the dogs in the morning instead of my usual elliptical/strength circuit. Not the most strenuous but I’m making sure to still do something.