Infertility

2nd Introduction on this board!(child mentioned)

Hi Everyone!!  I'm back!  I'm sad to be back but so grateful to have this board since everyone here helped me so much through my first journey.  We conceived our first ds (22 months old) via IUI after 3 years of ttc.  We are in the unexplained infertility category.  We are at 9 months of trying this time around and just so disappointed we are here again.  I heard so many people tell me "its easier the 2nd time"...i should have known better but got my hopes up anyway.  Today is my 1st scan, 1st round of blood work, dh is providing his sample and we'll do letrazole and timed intercourse this month.  I want so badly for this to work but its so hard to stay optimistic.  Sending so much baby dust to everyone here and I'm so happy to have your support and to be able to provide support to you all!!  ❤❤❤ 

Re: 2nd Introduction on this board!(child mentioned)

• Welcome back, @roxarn87 ! The best of luck to you!!!

I also heard about "number 2 is easier", but we're all different, so I guess there is no universal rule. I personally found that #2 infertility treatment process is easier emotionally, as I already have a lovely toddler running around, I'm already a mom, there is no more fear of being totally childless, and also more trust for the body, as it's already done it once, so it's capable of doing it again.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • @FuzzyDust thank you!! And I completely agree that the emotional toll has been easier to swallow.  Like it worked the first time so it has to work this time.  Thanks for the reply ans best of luck to you as well!!