1st Trimester
Options

Ultrasound 1-2 weeks behind

Had my 1st ultrasound the other day, they saw a fetal pole/gestational sac measuring 6w1d, no heartbeat, which I was told at 6w1d may or may not be there. I'd be 7w6d based on LMP, but 7w based on when I think I ovulated. Repeating the ultrasound in a week. I asked if the light spotting I'd had was indicative of a poor outcome and she said no, spotting can be fine. Said I just may not be as far as I think, but miscarriage is also a possibility.

I don't know what to think. My husband is trying to be optimistic but I don't know. Is an ultrasound measuring 1-2 weeks behind generally a bad sign? Just praying that my gut is wrong and we have a healthy baby...

Re: Ultrasound 1-2 weeks behind

• Options
    Had my 1st ultrasound the other day, they saw a fetal pole/gestational sac measuring 6w1d, no heartbeat, which I was told at 6w1d may or may not be there. I'd be 7w6d based on LMP, but 7w based on when I think I ovulated. Repeating the ultrasound in a week. I asked if the light spotting I'd had was indicative of a poor outcome and she said no, spotting can be fine. Said I just may not be as far as I think, but miscarriage is also a possibility.

I don't know what to think. My husband is trying to be optimistic but I don't know. Is an ultrasound measuring 1-2 weeks behind generally a bad sign? Just praying that my gut is wrong and we have a healthy baby...
    If you were not temping or using OPKs you are just guessing your ovulation date.  I would say be cautiously optimistic right now until the next US. 
  • Options
    I had been loosely tracking BBT, had a spike on 8/5 so that's about when I believe I ovulated.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you O'd later than you think you did, then it may not be a big deal you could be right on track.  *LMP is crap for tracking anything anyway.

If you are positive about your dates, and you're measuring that far behind, it could be a bad sign. All you can really do is wait until your next ultrasound and see if the baby has grown and is fine, or if it has stopped growing and you are headed for a MC.

Good Luck.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF