March 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight: Strollers

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on threads like these throughout your time at the board, not just when they're in their week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week it's.... Strollers!

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. You can use any or all the prompts relevant to you below to share info in an easy-to-read format. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

For S+TMs: 

• Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice:
  • Favorite stroller:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a stroller you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a stroller you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts?:

For FTMs

• Lifestyle factors that might influence your choice:
  • Stroller(s) you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions for S+TMs?:

To view the upcoming PSS schedule, see here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0

Next up: Car Seats
Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
Adopted Furbaby: 2014
TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21

Re: Product Spotlight: Strollers

• We have the baby jogger city mini GT. We got it new 4 years ago and use it daily in a city and it’s still in great shape. Love it except for the storage sucks. Also wish it had better pram attachment options. Seems like the new city mini GT 2 has better options. But I think we’ll just keep it for baby #2. 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • We started with a UB Cruz but ultimately didn't like how it handled/steered.  We sold it and bought a City Mini GT on marketplace and LOVE IT.  DS is 3 and we still use it almost daily for longer walks around the neighborhood!  Storage is definitely limited but it hasn't been too much of an issue for us.  

We're still on the fence about whether we'll need a double stroller bc DS will be 3.5 when baby is here.  I think it'll be a game time decision when baby is born.  We'll see where we are then.  If we do, it'll be a BOB duallie since it has higher weight limits.  A friend gave us her Joovy Caboose Ultralight for errands and when we're out and about.  The sit/stand option should be good.  They loved it.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Loading the player...
  • We have had the City Select double stroller for the past 4 years. It pushes wonderfully and has held up great! This stroller was our big purchase with our first and was totally worth the cost. Our oldest is getting big for the stroller so it will continue to work well for us with child 2 and 3 next spring. The only drawback for me is the weight and size when folded because I often put it in the back of my SUV and it is a little heavy and bulky. 
  • In love with the Babyzen Yoyo. It’s light and compact which was essential for me because I live in an urban area and take  public transport often. Can fit through the narrowest store doors and aisles. Hardly notice it in the trunk of a car. Still going strong after three years with DS. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't have a recommendation for a particular stroller, but I do recommend a basic snap-in frame for the infant car seat to start then switching to an umbrella stroller at 6 or so months (when baby can sit up, good head and trunk control). I can't even tell you how many people I know who end up rarely using the bulkier travel system stroller and eventually get an umbrella stroller anyway.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0