Weekly Check-In 9/7

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):

FTM/STM/STM+:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day?

Re: Weekly Check-In 9/7

• Options
    19+1 stm+

Baby is 6.02 inches (mango sized)

Anatomy scan 9/15

Just feeling generally tired. I've been extra grumpy lately too so I think I need to start taking vitamin D again. Feeling more tiny kicks during the day so that's been really fun. 

Raves: The new daycare the girls are in is sooooo awesome, I feel silly being nervous about it now.

Celebrity crush: Jonathon Taylor Thomas 😘

Labor day plans: goofing around the house, maybe taking a hike 🤷🏻‍♀️ mostly excited about not working (feeling burned out at work)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick ooooo your scan is tomorrow!!! Exciting! I love the AS. You get to see so much of the baby and it’s so reassuring to see everything functioning and healthy. And now they look like a baby, unlike the early scans where their proportions are all wonky. :lol:  I hope yours goes really well!
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 17 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: creme brulee 

Upcoming appointments: Sep 28 anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: good !

Rants/Raves: I’m pretty sure I felt real baby kicks a couple days in a row so I’ve spent the last few just trying to sit and feel more. Come onnnnn baby! Kick me!  

Questions:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Danny Zucko. John Travolta did not age amazingly imo but he seems like a good guy. I wonder what Danny would be doing now... 😆

And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day? Just hanging out! I had some work I got done this morning and my daughters birthday is tomorrow so tonight will be spent decorating her cake and the house. 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick oh exciting! I hope you have fun at your scan tomorrow ❤️
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 16+4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Last week was an orange, so maybe a grapefruit this week? 🤷‍♀️

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan on 9/25!

How are you feeling?: Pretty great!

Rants/Raves: I think I felt two kicks last night! Not strong enough to knock something off my stomach (that has never happened at any stage of pregnancy for me), but I don’t think it was gas! So that was exciting.

Questions:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day? I don’t remember having a celebrity crush until high school. That was Elijah Wood. I thought his eyes were dreamy. LOL
    We’re trying to clean out the garage today. H is turning the back area of the garage into an indoor gym, so we need to make space for a treadmill. My 18 mo DS loves being in the garage because there’s so much junk to get into. I hate being in the garage for that very same reason. 🤦‍♀️
  • Options
    So excited for all of you having anatomy scans soon!!

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 16+4

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Can of soda....although I’d call it pop.

Upcoming appointments: US for a cervical check tomorrow and midwife appt tomorrow.

How are you feeling?: trying to wean from my nausea meds....so I’ve had a bit more nausea. Nursing a new back injury, but it seems to be improving. Irritated that my exercise is now limited by my back after it was limited by fatigue for so long.

Rants/Raves: Got a huge free box of maternity clothes from my neighborhood parents Facebook page that is making me super happy.

Questions:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Definitely JTT, and shortly after switched to Leonardo DiCaprio, lol.
     And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day? Left work early thanks to a low hospital census...spending the afternoon by my blow up pool in the yard!
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 18+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A cupcake

Upcoming appointments: 9/8 Hypertension follow-up w/crazy OB; 9/22 Anatomy scan with MFM

How are you feeling?: Fatigued. Seasonal allergies have been kicking my A this weekend. Nasal spray helped, however, so that's good. I'd worry it's something worse except for the itchy eyes. I only get itchy eyes with allergies. All the rest of my symptoms fall into the "could be this or that" range.  Also, my close friend that lives nearby that has terrible allergies normally confirmed for me she's also had a flare up this weekend. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - Even though I don't get to see my immediate family super often, my dad/stepmom & my brother have been really awesome about checking in frequently re: our pregnancy. Rant - But crickets from my mother. I really wish our relationship were better.

Questions: None today!

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? I really don't remember celebrity crushes until high school. I remember in Middle School being at church camp and not understanding what all of the hype over Leonardo DiCaprio was. Same with Orlando Bloom when Fellowship of the Ring came out. I used to have celeb crushes on Scott McNeal and Crispin Freeman (both voice actors).  Also, the inside of my closet was decorated with magazine cut outs of those that I referred to as "Hot Old Guys," which were essentially 30+ yo celebs with good photos in magazines, lol.  

And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day?
    Under normal circumstances, I'd be helping out in the parade or whatnot. Today, I lazed. I stayed in bed/on the couch reading most of the day, then went to give the rest of my lab samples for my hypertension tests. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @hannahbananas11 thank you! I’m nervous and excited. 3:30 tomorrow afternoon 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @roadspeckle kids not listening must be going around 😑
  • Options
    @jumpy57 thanks! Glad to know I’m not the only JTT fan 😂
  • Options
    @WildMagelet my first "old guy" crush I remember is Kyle Chandler (tv show, Early Edition 1996 😂)

• Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 17+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pomegranate!

Upcoming appointments: Not until sept 30 for our anatomy scan.

How are you feeling?: mostly good! Starting to feel tired, but that could also just be from activities over the long weekend.

Rants/Raves: I’ve been very easily annoyed and cranky lately. My H has been wonderful but I feel like I’ve been snapping at him for no real reason. I don’t feel great about that. 

Questions: none today!

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day? The first celeb crush I can remember is Lance Bass, I was a big *NSYNC gal. This weekend we played two rounds of golf, spent some time at the pool, and I went wedding dress shopping with a friend! I hadn’t been at a bridal salon since my wedding, so that was super fun 🙂
  • Options
    @kkfishy9 I'm so happy to meet another Lance fan 😂 all my friends teased me because he was my favorite
  • Options
    @jumpy57 yes!! Justin was for sure the mainstream choice, but there was just something about Lance for me 😂
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 18+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Artichoke

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan 9/18

How are you feeling?: My morning sickness is back with a vengeance but its not lasting all day anymore so at least there's that! 

Rants/Raves: My husband has been the best lately and I'm so sore/tired/nauseous/grumpy that I'm snapping at him then bursting into tears constantly. I feel awful. 

Questions: I'm waking up on my back several times throughout the night, even with a pregnancy pillow. I'm going to ask my doc at my next appt but I'm so worried its doing harm. 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Shia LaBeouf on Even Stevens
    And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day? I slept all day yesterday and then had an amazing dinner and capped the evening with a nice long soak in the tub. It was glorious. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    travandastravandas member
    edited September 2020
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 15 weeks (mono/di twins)
    FTM/STM/STM+: Fourth
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Babies are the size of navel oranges
    Upcoming appointments:  MFM Sept. 17th!  Can't wait to find out the gender!
    How are you feeling?:  The same...nauseous 24/7, migraines, exhausted...
    Rants/Raves:  Thank you OBGYN for not mentioning that zofran would cause constipation (I knew the iron would).  Let's just say I caused myself to have some hemorrhoids and it has been a rough couple of days.
    Questions:
    GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? I don't remember having one.
    And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day?  Taking care of a teething 15 month old with a fever and being miserable with hemorrhoids.
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 17 + 1

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Pomegranate

Upcoming appointmentsAnatomy scan 9/25 (first appt husband can come with me for, yay! Looking forward to finding out the sex)

How are you feeling?: Just super tired. Got back from a very small, social distanced wedding weekend yesterday and hooo boy did it take it out of me. Just standing in 2 in heels for a couple hours made me feel like I ran a marathon. 

Rants/Raves: Still waiting to feel those first tiny kicks (and getting impatient). 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush?: David Duchovny from the X Files (was very into the brooding white collar type when I was in middle school apparently) 

And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day?: Enjoyed the weekend in Lake Placid (but mostly driving home yesterday)
  • Options
    @tamalahoops yes to asking your doctor about back sleeping right now when you go in next. Until then, what I've gathered is that lying on your back puts uterus pressure on a blood vessel and you will be able to feel if this is happening because it causes nausea/dizziness and should wake you up. Google also said you don't have to worry about back sleeping until week 20 👍
  • Options
    @tamalahoops That's a good idea to ask your OB about how to avoid sleeping on your back. From what I've read, if you wake up on your back, but don't spend the whole night sleeping that way, you most likely aren't going to cause any harm to the baby (or yourself). This article from Cleveland Clinic was really comforting to me: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/exactly-how-bad-is-it-to-sleep-on-your-back-when-youre-pregnant/
  • Options
    @tamalahoops agree with what everyone else said about back sleeping. My OB said if you are waking up on your back, your body is doing its job in waking you up to tell you to reposition and you probably haven’t been on your back for that long. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 18+6

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of a postcard is the last one I remember reading

Upcoming appointments: 9/15 is my anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?: so excited for the anatomy scan in 1 week! I want to see the baby and be reassured that everything is developing like it should, plus the gender will be fun to find out.

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Probably JC from *NSYNC 

And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day? We spent the weekend at Great Wolf Lodge. My son had a really great time and it was nice spending the weekend with my husband’s family. They could only have 50% occupancy so it didn’t seem busy at all and everyone was good about following social distancing and masking up everywhere except the water park of course.
  • Options
    @tamalahoops you should talk to your doctor, but you’re likely not doing any harm by waking up on your back. It was thought that lying on your back will reduce blood flow because of the weight of the fetus on your circulatory system. More recent research to test this theory has not confirmed the idea, however it did show that some women will get dizzy from laying on their back after a certain point in pregnancy (I can’t remember how far along the women in the study were). If that’s you, your body will likely wake you up so you can roll over. Long story short, you might want to try to avoid it, but don’t need to worry if you wake up that way.
  • Options
    I'm so intrigued by all this back-sleeping discussion, it's not something I've heard of before! 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @tamalahoops I'm glad you asked this question because I have been wondering as well. My doctor has never said anything to me about it, but I think I read it somewhere (potentially even the on the bump app?). Another thing it said was that it's better to sleep on your left side? Has anyone heard that before? 

• Options
    @kkfishy9 the left side is supposedly better for blood flow, taking pressure off your liver and kidneys, and digestion. If you have a stomachache, you’re supposed to sleep on your left side too. 
  • Options
    @kkfishy9 I've read about the left side, too, being optimal. But the right side isn't bad. I think it's back = less than ideal, right side = totally fine, left side = ideal. But all of this comes with limited research and still a very low chance of anything bad happening (way less risk than smoking during pregnancy, for instance) so it's not worth losing sleep over... I made a pun. ;)
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 Lol, love a good pun  :D ok, I thought that seemed a little crazy, like, I can't eat sushi, AND I have to exclusively sleep on my left side?! This is really more than I bargained for ;)
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 18+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: sweet potato 

Upcoming appointments: 9/21 and 9/25

How are you feeling?: pretty good most days. Been pretty tired the last couple of days. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? 
    Brian from the Backstreet Boys 

And if you’re in the US, what are you doing for Labor Day?
    celebrated my son’s 4th birthday. 
  • Options
    Re: the best position to sleep in debate, the truth is if you have acid reflux and heartburn heartburn the right side can trigger it and you make wake up gagging. I prefer to sleep on my right side but if I have either one I will wake up feeling awful and feel immediately better when I swap to the opposite side. It was really fun last week when kiddo was curled up on my left side and objected to me sleeping on that side. He would make me so uncomfortable I’d would roll over without thinking and then bam. Gagging. 😑