December 2020 Moms
Options

GTKY: Baby and Siblings

Is this your first baby? or will the baby have older siblings? If so, what are the siblings ages?
BabyFruit Ticker
older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 

Re: GTKY: Baby and Siblings

• Options
    This will be my 7th baby and my 2nd rainbow baby!  She will have  a 2 year old brother, and a 10 year old sister (my other rainbow baby), a 13 year old sister, a 15 year old brother, a 17 year old sister and a 19 year old brother.   Everyone is so excited to meet her, my 10 year old keeps asking if she can come sooner than December, although I think our 2 year old is just interested in playing with all the baby toys :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    This will be my fourth baby. My oldest is Ezra(5) then Elias who will be 4 on sept 7. And Lola(1). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Second baby! He will have an older sister, who turned 2 in July. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    She'll be my second and will be 4 years younger than her brother.  I'm pretty excited about that age difference, DS is super interested in "the baby sister" and asks a bunch of questions about her and tells me all sorts of things he's going to teach her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    This is our 1st human baby after more than 2 years of TTGP. She has 2 older dog brothers, one of which passed away in April at 13 and the other will be 2 in January! We’re not planning on having any other kids (except prob will have more dogs if we ever get a bigger house)!
  • Options
    Baby will have two human half-siblings (though we’re not using “half” when we talk about them. They’ll live together and will love each other just as much!) - a 13 year old and a 17 year old. We’re excited for built-in babysitting help and they’re excited to have a new playmate.

Baby will also have a furry brother, our 8 yo dog who is probably the most spoiled of all.
  • Options
    First baby after 4 years of infertility. We do have two cats as well. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    Second baby, we have a 19 month old (boy). 
  • Options
    This will be our second baby.  She will join our almost 13 month old baby girl and an 11 year old grumpy canine sister (who is definitely my first "child").
  • Options
    This is our second boy! DS#1 will be turning five about a month after DS#2 is expected. They are joining the pack with our two cats (one is BFFs with #1) and our doggo who is thankfully extremely tolerant of little kids. 
  • Options
    Baby will have 2 big brothers. Jack will be a few months shy of 5, Owen will be just over 2. Both of them are interested in the abstract idea of a baby but I think there will be a few growing pains, especially if this little one ends up being a girl. We also have a 10 year old lab mix and a 7 year old shepherd mix that are (thankfully) reasonably patient with kiddos.
    image     image
  • Options
    This is our second and likely last baby. Baby will have an older brother who will be 3.5. We were hoping for a slightly closer age gap, but it took us a year to get pregnant this time. 
  • Options
    Second and last baby. I have a four year old little boy, who is super excited about getting a baby sister for Christmas 😍

• Options
    First baby! She will have two older puppy brothers (who are both 8)
  • Options
    Just a thought for those of you who are going from 1 to 2 (or more) and are worried about growing pains, before the baby is born I let my kids pick out a special gift for the baby like a special blanket, book or lovey. Then the first time they meet the baby, I also have a gift for them “from” the baby like a special big sister shirt, a baby doll they can play with, or in the case of my son, a lego set. Ideally something kind of small that can keep them occupied while I’m busy with baby. So far, they have been excited to get a gift, but more excited to give the gift they picked! I think just anything that makes them feel special and involved is the key.
  • Options
    First baby, but we have a 16 year old cat and a 4 year old Dobie.  I keep telling DH that his son is driving me crazy and he asks if the son I am referring to is canine or human!  Some days it is both!  
  • Options
    @dobiemom11 We were hoping for an age gap around 3-3 1/2 years, but somehow got pregnant right away. I'm slightly nervous for a 2y4m age gape :o
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @readermom1 we are planning on doing this. Idk how much of it DS will understand. He will be just shy of 23 months when baby is born so giving may be harder but we are definitely planning on having baby “give” DS a gift. 
  • Options
    @readermom1 so I knit a blanket for DS when I was pregnant with him and finished the knitting portion, but never wove in the ends or blocked it.  My grandma knit him a blanket and I sort of forgot about it.  So I'm going to finish it up and give it to him as a "big brother" blanket.  He's asked me a bunch of times about the blanket I'm going to knit for his baby sister, so I thought he'd like that.  I'm also going to have him pick out a stuffed animal for the baby.  He's very concerned that she doesn't have any "guys" as he calls his stuffed animals.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @conni0205 Our son was close to that, only 19 months when his first sister was born, and we gave him a 12” corolle brand boy doll. I think Melissa and Doug also makes a nice small one too. He liked to “take care” of it, pretending to feed it with a bottle, rock it or change it when I was taking care of the actual baby!

@karmba I love that blanket idea! I bet he will feel so special since it was something you made for him. And him worrying about the baby not having any “guys” is just adorable! 😍
  • Options
    By the time this one (Oscar) is born, he will have a 21 month old brother (Arthur) and a 3.5 year old sister (Juniper). We have every intention of adding another sept 2022, and maybe a 5th june 2024. I have given up trying to space them any closer. 21 months seems all I'm capable of. I'm 38 now, so that would make me 42 for that 5th delivery, but DH is 8 years older, so we decided no more babies after his 50th lol.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @readermom1 we already got DS a baby doll he loves it. Only issue we have is he takes the babies paci even though it’s fake, but at least I know to expect that when the real baby is here
  • Options
    @conni0205 We got DD a baby doll as well. She loves to take care of it...she tried to use the fake paci and wasn't impressed..lol She only gets a paci at nap and bedtime, so it'll be interesting to see if she tries to take baby's paci!

TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    hham10hham10 member
    edited September 2020
    This will be our 4th baby And it’s our 3rd boy. His siblings will be 6.5 yr old brother, 4.5 (almost 5) yr old sister, and 3.5 yr old brother! my first 3 were 18 months and 17 months apart so this will be a big change for us and I’m pretty excited!
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 that’s when DS gets a paid but he definitely would still love to have it the rest of the day. If it is out of sight he doesn’t care but if he sees it, it’s game over. I’m expecting a few paci snatches. 
  • Options
    I am thinking about getting baby and older sibling matching cuddle and kind dolls. They are so cute and my son loves matching things (usually shirts!) so I think it could be really sweet for them to have. 
  • Options
    @ginkomama each of our boys have a cuddle and kind doll from their first Christmas. They seem to grow in and out of actually playing with them but they've held up well and are super cute. The only issue we've had is that son #1 has Scout the deer and when he went through his toddler chewing phase I had to cut the antler buds off after he actually chewed one off. I'm planning to get order a new doll for this little one for Christmas too 😊
    image     image
  • Options
    Baby #3 with older brother (4) and older sister (2). 
  • Options
    These will be babies 3 and 4 - girls - my rainbow babies after a miscarriage (boy). I have two older girls 7 and nearly 5.