December 2020 Moms
Options

8.30 - 9.5 Weekly Randoms

Posting an hour early so I don’t forget this time lol
DS born 2016

Re: 8.30 - 9.5 Weekly Randoms

• Options
    In my Feb’19 Group we just started a fall fashion thread. So dangerous. I just ordered shoes and a coat, we still need more but I need to wait to see what sizes he will be. 
  • Options
    @conni0205 I am in so much trouble- little girl clothes are so FUN!!! I kept everything from my son and still😍😍

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really do love my family, but if these people don't back the F off I am going to lose my pregnant mind. 

In this week's installment of ridiculous, there is a pseudo-family reunion on Saturday. My Mom has asked me constantly since June if I'm going. This week she upped her game to daily.

Well, at this moment we don't know if or when hubs is working this weekend which means I would potentially parent solo to our 4yo and 2yo, at 28+ weeks, 90 minutes away, ON 2yo's birthday. Plus, if hubs is working and we go we will not have any chance to celebrate as a nuclear family until at least Monday. Plus, you know, pandemic + family gathering = undetermined level of risk.

NONE of this is news to her. I have been very clear that hubs ever-changing schedule is too much of a wild card to commit. Furthermore, I have (more than once) completely forgotten 2yo's birthday is on the same freaking day. I normally have a birthday plan in motion a solid 2 months before the day but haven't yet been able to get my shit together.

I'm sorry, I really would love to see everyone, but there is virtually no way I will be able to attend and actually enjoy myself in any capacity. It's just too much unless hubs can go. And even if he can, that doesn't resolve the whole "global pandemic" challenge.
    image     image
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels I’d totally skip just for it being your 2 year olds birthday. 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    We got DS a low loft bed (just enough for a little bit of storage underneath) and ordered extra tall toddler railings because I was afraid it wouldn’t be enough with what it came with. It is enough thank goodness because USPS lost the package but I’m so nervous anyways and am ordering another one. 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels. Sending you some love and strength!!  I would be so irritated (and am actually on your behalf).  Do what is best for your family!  
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels I’d at this point give a firm commitment to not going 😂
    @jbal918 how old is DS? We are looking at getting bunk beds for my DS4 but I’m going to wait another year at least. Kiddo still falls out on the regular 😂

• Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels good for you! I hope you enjoy your day not
    going!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels good for you!  Enjoy your son's birthday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels Way to go! Congrats on standing up! Enjoy it!
  • Options
    @laurenspdx I was wondering what/if I should eat before my test tomorrow. I have an 8:45am appt, but as I was explaining to my H what it all entails, I realized I wouldn't have my blood drawn until at least 9:45 (if everything starts on time). I was planning on fasting prior, but I started to panic about not eating until 9:45am! lol I wonder if I should try to eat some plain eggs before.
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @bearmomma1. My doctor told me I could have eggs beforehand, so I think I might try that.  Although not sure if scrambled or hard-boiled will go better on a temperamental morning stomach.  

@laurenspdx. Awesome job on passing your test!!  
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 I always tell people to not eat if you can. I’m sure eggs would be fine but the thought of failing and taking the three hour test because of eating something before the test makes me feel like I’d rather just be hungry for an hour (only if your stomach can handle it). 
  • Options
    I was suppose to meet by best friend for dinner tonight. Plans got cancelled her brother tested positive (asymptomatic) for covid. We cancelled and are rescheduling for in 2ish weeks. She tested negative but I’d rather be safe than sorry. I’m bummed I don’t get to have some girl time!
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 - I ate a yogurt with granola and chia seeds about 3 hours before my glucose test and passed! My doctor told me to eat like I normally would
  • Options
    Has anyone else started planning their Christmas shopping yet?  I have an Amazon wishlist that I'm saving ideas for DS.  DH is going to see his parents (with DS) in October, so I'm hoping to have gifts for him to take for his family.  I'll mail the gifts to my family - hopefully in early December.  I don't want to be rushed at the last minute haha.

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Options
    @karmba I also have wish lists for my kids, but haven’t bought anything yet. I am also going to try to have everything bought by Thanksgiving at the latest and wrapped shortly after that. 
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 Eggs are good because they’re all protein and won’t spike your blood sugar like sugar or simple carbs would. Some yogurt (as long as it’s not too sugary) would be good too!

Mine was even trending toward the low side so I probably could have eaten a bowl of cereal like normal and been fine. I took my drink at 10:40a and blood draw at 11:40a so it wasn’t too bad.
  • Options
    @conni0205 That stinks but good to be safe! I’ve had a few people who have had once or twice removed interactions with people who have found out they had it and it’s pretty scary!
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz DS will be 4 mid-September. I bought an oversized bed rail that’s between the mattress and the actual railing because I’m so afraid of him falling out. He’s been given the rules of no jumping, sleep closer to the wall and be safe. We’ll see but tonight is night 2 and the extra tall railing should be here tomorrow! Right now it’s just the regular one because USPS lost the first one. 🤦🏽‍♀️
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @karmba I need to her shopping early! I usually do and it’s so much easier! Just no space to keep it now with baby stuff slowly coming in!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @karmba. Everyone may be getting gift cards this year.  Normally we give tickets to a play or event, but that isn't happening this year.  Plus I can just mail the gift cards and call it a day.  Grandbaby and nephew should count for a lot of extra grace this year.  
  • Options
    I just spent 2.5 hours walking around the zoo with my 2 little guys. The 20 minute drive home was enough for all of my muscles to stiffen and let me know I'm going to regret our extra long trip (normally we max out at 90 minutes).

Also between 90% humidity and a wet seat on the log ride my body can't decide if it's relieved to be out of the sticky/sweaty hot or just this side of freezing in the AC. 

I am spending the rest of the day in ultra chill mode.
    image     image
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels We're going to the Zoo tomorrow! First thing we've done really since this pandemic started. Super looking forward to it..although not looking forward to walking around a lot this pregnant...

Is there a Thankful Thursday thread usually? I passed my GD Screening! by 2 points! Last pregnancy I passed by 4 points..so this just solidifies that I'm done having kids because if in another 2+ years I do this again, I'd probably fail, and I couldn't handle it :) 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    I’m heading to L&D for monitoring. My feet are all swollen and my pressure is 150/100 when it’s usually 110/70. I’m freaking out. 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @jbal918 Hope everything is ok!! 
  • Options
    Eik @jbal918 I’m sending good thoughts your way and hoping things calm down. 
  • Options
    @jbal918 sending good vibes 💚
    image     image
  • Options
    @jbal918 hope everything is ok!!! 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @jbal918 sending you positive thoughts that everything is okay! Hopefully your BP goes down but L&D is the best place for you to be
  • Options
    @jbal918 I hope everything is okay!  Sending positive vibes!

Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014

• Options
    @jbal918 glad to hear you’re back home and that everyone is ok. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options

I invested in my first pair of maternity leggings ever (why did I wait for my 4th pregnancy?!) I got the Blanqi ones and THEYRE SO COMFY!! Also got some maternity tanks at target... and went through the men’s flannels at Walmart and got a few. I’m into the oversized/casual look this time around and I’m obsessed and it’s so comfy! 
  • Options
    @bartonolivia So cute! I bet you could wear all of that postpartum too! Good choices!