1st Trimester
Options

Ant spray

I am 3 weeks and 5 days today. Yesterday, my husband sprayed Raid Ant and Roach spray while I was standing in 3 feet away. Once I realized what I was doing, I ran upstairs and stayed there for 2 hours. When I reentered the kitchen, I could still smell the garden fresh scent smell. He opened windows and ran an air filter while I was upstairs. The research on pyrethroids during pregnancy is concerning. Do you think my baby will be ok?

Re: Ant spray

• Options
    I am 3 weeks and 5 days today. Yesterday, my husband sprayed Raid Ant and Roach spray while I was standing in 3 feet away. Once I realized what I was doing, I ran upstairs and stayed there for 2 hours. When I reentered the kitchen, I could still smell the garden fresh scent smell. He opened windows and ran an air filter while I was upstairs. The research on pyrethroids during pregnancy is concerning. Do you think my baby will be ok?
    This is a question for your doctor. You are likely ok since it was a very limited exposure. There’s nothing you can do about it now so do your best to let yourself relax about it.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Honestly, you were not huffing it, it was not a long term exposure, more than likely all will be fine.  If you are very concerned talk to your foctor about it.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my last pregnancy, I was spraying my rose bushes with some kind of harsh chemical, can’t even remember what it was now, before I knew I was pregnant. I was an anxious mess once I found out. Multiple doctors told me that unless your job is spraying that stuff day in and day out then you’re fine. Baby was born perfectly healthy. Try to relax.