Trying to Get Pregnant

Randoms: Week of 8.31-9.6

chindimples04chindimples04 member
edited August 2020 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Since school officially starts back for many this week.

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Randoms: Week of 8.31-9.6

• @chindimples04 7.6? Are we going back in time? 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I just really love 2020 and want to repeat it again! 🤣
    TTC History

• Loading the player...
  • @chindimples04 I will say this summer has gone by too fast! Which is weird when I don't always know what day it is during the week.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 it definitely went faster than previous summers, I feel. I never know what day it is. Yesterday felt like Monday, today feels like Friday. I have no idea what’s going on. 🤣
    TTC History

• Not a teacher, but agree that I've lost the concept of time. I'm generally good at knowing what day of the week it is (particularly if I have to get up on time to "go to work" or can be lazy), but I find myself routinely thinking that last month was April or May. I can't believe it's almost fall!

My mom scored a subbing job and started last week....sort of. She was supposed to sub at one school for the entire first semester, but apparently the district assigned someone else and no one told her until last Tuesday. Luckily she was able to get another subbing position through October at a different school, but they're still trying to figure out how to get her email address activated (she has an account, but I guess it hasn't switched over to the appropriate school or something). She's pretty frustrated, particularly since she missed all the in-service sessions, including an all-day training on counseling kids under COVID (she's a guidance counselor....so kind of important). Apparently the other full-time counselor is also brand new. I feel for all you teachers out there, this is hard enough plus all the logistical and operational nightmares.
  • I almost told the Pegs to go to [other baby site] because those are literally the kind of posts you see on the boards there every damn day.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I was thinking the same thing but that's what'll get you the warning for being "unwelcoming"
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @inthewoods23 Yeah, you can't even hint that people should go away/elsewhere. It 'impedes their enjoyment of the site.'  Cause F us regular and our enjoyment of the site!  #HypocriticalBGs
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @capnjackharkness yeah I think my level 2 warning came cuz I said to the Peggy that they should see themselves out or something.

Thinking more about it... it's kind of the same thing as us hyping for the months, but somehow I feel the way we do it is less obnoxious? Maybe because we don't do it as special AW posts with all the extra questions they add to it?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Yeah, but we do it within the confines of the dailies usually.  And oftentimes do it more of like "Yeah Woods, maybe this'll be our month!  I'd love to join X and Y who are graduating, cause it'd be super cool to be in a BMB together!"  Which is better than random Peggy being all like "OMG. I want this to be MY month!  Screw all you people I don't know, F ur stories, cause I don't care about you!  This is about MEEEEEEE!!!!" Especially cause they're usually on their first (or early) cycles of trying, and/or already have kids at home.  le sigh.  It just comes across as obnoxious and grating and selfish to those of us who've been around for like EVER, trying to patiently wait to see when/if we will ever get our time.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @inthewoods23 :(  I'm sorry you're having a rough day.  Also, super double WHA about being benched 2 months for measles vaccine!?  I had no idea that was a thing and is super crappy!

Here's an awkward, loving internet hug from me to you:
    Awkward Everyone GIF
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @capnjackharkness yeah, the recommendation is to not get pregnant for a month following the last dose of the vaccine (the recommendation is 2 doses, but 1 could be enough). If you're pregnant and get the vaccine, you've just injected yourself with the live virus which can affect the fetus. And well, I'm sure the other part of it is to make sure you're actually immune so you don't catch it while pregnant. I did get the vaccine as a child so either I've never been immune or it wore off. Thank god I don't live in the areas that had those measles outbreaks a few years ago!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Sending you love and hugs <3 
  • @inthewoods23 I’m sorry the Peggy’s are coming out. 😢 I was so restrained in my answer. It’s only been 3 cycles here and it gets to me. Those of you who have been at this so much longer have my heart. I seriously think and pray about you all often. ❤️ 
    TTC History

• @inthewoods23 I'm sorry you are benched and that the Peggy got to you. 
    My scarycreepy PUBG story

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @inthewoods23 I’m so sorry friend that your benched for 2 months because of that vaccine. Giving you hugs ❤️

• @inthewoods23 I’m so sorry for the stress and sad feelings.😢 That surprise “benched for 2 months” really sucks! I just wanted to throw out there that I’ve had the Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccine more than once but I’m not immune to Rubella. I’m not going to get the vaccine again because I think I’m one of those people that doesn’t develop an immunity to it. I wonder if you might be the same with the measles? I realize this sounds wildly irresponsible to not get it again, but if you’re in the 2-5% who don’t develop the immunity it’s not so crazy. I know we have some doctors & nurses on here who might be able to add more insight. 
  • @inthewoods23 I also put some info in the dailies, so check that out if you have not already. In response to @keikilove as well, more than half the time that I check titers (usually we do measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, and hep B) the person is not immune to at least one of those. Not everyone responds to all vaccines. It is odd to me that they would delay procedures until you are immune to measles, though I totally get that they don’t want you to get pregnant right after the vaccine. Rubella is really important before a pregnancy, but measles really is not. As another anecdote, I had to be re-vaccinated for rubella 7 times during med school before I finally was immune. So eventually it does happen! 
  • @fitzfizz Thank you for adding all that info! Very interesting. 
  • @capnjackharkness @priyadoc @chindimples04 @DoubleUp8 @mindyb2019 @keikilove @fitzfizz you all are seriously the best! ❤️❤️

@keikilove it's so strange to not be immune! The immunity rate is lower for rubella than measles. Makes this so much more perplexing.

@fitzfizz thanks for all your knowledge! You're practically my secondary PCP 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @kpearse99 ahhhhhhhh Noooo!! 😂 
  • I'm also new around here, but I have a question. How the heck do you guys get on TB?! I have no issues from my desktop at work, but the lag when I am home is out of controlllllll. I've tried both internet and cell connections, and tried TB app. No dice. Does anyone else have this problem and have secrets on how to access without wanting to rip you hair out?
  • @daisy528 I have a lot of trouble on my phone, but haven't had an issue yet on my desktop. Knock on wood. 

@chindimples04 Lol. I personally have really effective ute goggles, like I can tell you whether you're having a baby, unicorn, or blob just by looking at your U/S, but I have never had line eye.

• @capnjackharkness you can bet I will have a new screenshot at 9:22 central posted in celebration!  :D

@chindimples04 crossing fingers for no Peggys today so I don't have to have restraint lol!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @akoros I wasn't that bothered about it in the beginning, but then you start dissecting every sentence and thinking about your own situation in relation and it just hurts so much. It makes me tear up a little bit even now. And I can't even imagine the feeling for those of you who have had MCs! You had true due dates, not these hypothetical "if I get KU this cycle I'll be due in [month]!" due dates
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @akoros Oh the joys of working for the Fed Govt.  Le sigh.  Same boat here.  Our SUPERVISOR were supposed to change our performance plans if we weren't going to be meeting the critical elements by like end of June.  NONE of us got ours changed, so now we're just all waiting to see how we get F'ed on our evals now.  Also, yeah, we've asked about the payroll tax thing and basically our agency is like "We don't have enough info yet. We'll let you know when we know."  Super helpful.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @capnjackharkness If it helps, I just finished up drafting some explanatory points to send to our staff. I don't mind sharing in a PM
  • @capnkjackharkness @akoros I’m a federal employee too! I don’t 100% understand the payroll tax thing, but that explains why my last couple of direct deposits have been larger? 

@fitzfizz You’re an MD too! Now it makes sense why you were curious about MH’s board exam :) I’m a psychiatrist so I never check anyone’s titers but I remember it was super annoying to have them drawn in med school!
  • @priyadoc Probably not quite yet, it took effect yesterday (Sept 1). Bottom line: if you make less than $104k ($4,000 bi-weekly) you'll see one of your tax deductions go to zero (per our payroll provider it's the OASDI, Old Age, Survivors and Disability Insurance deduction), which is normally 6.2% of your wages. Starting in January, however, that deduction will approximately double (~12.4% of wages) to collect both the tax due in Jan-April as well as the deferred taxes in Sept-Dec. 
  • @akoros Thanks so much for the explanation!! I just looked on mypay and apparently the increase was because they finally processed the raise I earned almost two YEARS ago. 
  • @priyadoc Ugh, and that's why we were told to not bother HR or payroll with questions, they can't even get the simple stuff done properly!
  • @akoros it may differ agency to agency, but more info never helps... so lay it on me!

@priyadoc and @akoros Ugh... HR.  :: shudder ::  Almost as bad as calling the "help-less desk" (our IT used to be called the Help Desk).  Anywho, thankfully in a past life I did payroll taxes and bookkeeping, so I understand my paystub better than most.  However, many people don't get it, and this has the potential to really mess with those who can least afford it (i.e. those who are working and desperately need the money, but don't understand their pay / taxes and have NO idea that they may have to pay DOUBLE the amount back in just a few short months).  There's a reason why almost no private companies are taking part in this.  Too bad CDs are worthless as an investment anymore, or else I'd stash the money in a small several month CD.  Le sigh.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF