April 2021 Moms
Options

Healthy Habits Check-in Week of 8/31

What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

What's a "small win" you have from last week?

GTKY: What is your favorite summer food/meal?

Re: Healthy Habits Check-in Week of 8/31

• Options
    I see now that most of us are at around 6 weeks, we're slacking on the healthy habits.

Right now bagels seem to be the only thing making me human so a goal is that I'm trying to get in some other things like fruits and fish when I can.

I think working out might be on the backburner for a little while now that this has kicked into high gear but I'll see if I can get to anything. With a 1yo at home while working and the 3yo only in daycare part time, our motto was #survivingnotthriving before the morning sickness so you can imagine that now it's even more so. I also can't go exercise outside this week. Air quality is still crappy (I check every morning in case there's a slight reprieve). I've gotten used to running in a mask and even walking in it yesterday made me want to puke so we'll see if running outside will be an option at all (I'm not down for running without a mask).

I got out to run 3x last week I think still. Not so much working out otherwise although I was better at the beginning of the week than the end.

Favorite summer food is either yummy grilled things (steak, corn, veggies) or fruit salad.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I need to find a way to move more. I just want to be a lump on the couch because I feel so gross, but moving around a little actually helps. It just takes a lot of motivation to get me up when I’m feeling bad. 

I’m struggling to make myself eat anything healthy when I’m feeling sick. I have been eating SO many carbs. I’ve been tested for gluten intolerance in the past, but it’s always been negative. I’m just sensitive to carbs and don’t digest them well. It triggers my IBS too. I need to get away from them but it’s all that tastes good!

DH made really delicious peas as a side for dinner and I wasn’t planning on eating anything but he made me eat peas and they tasted better than anything has in a long time. So it was encouraging that a vegetable tasted good, haha!

Corn on the cob! We never have it though because DH doesn’t enjoy it much. Besides that, anything from a summer garden is always so good. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried to remember to wear my Fitbit all last week & I think I did, minus a bit around the house. I did 2 HIIT workouts by EMKfit, but I don't think I did much else other than walking. I tracked what I ate some days, but not all. I'd like to keep working on logging my food, even if it's bizarre foods lol. So moving forward, I'm aiming to have the majority of days (4 days) to have a workout. My dream is to be the person who works out 6 days a week, but that may be a dream when I'm done the first trimester lol. 

@kvh22 Word. So hard these weeks lol, I'm 7 weeks, 3 days based on LMP (ultrasound in 2 weeks to confirm). I literally dumped out a full plate of food on Saturday (in secret, as it was with my in-laws who don't know). Tried to just have treats yesterday - but baby didn't like that either LOL. Fruit seems to help me, so I just need to remember to start with that. 

Well - today I pushed a triple stroller with about 80 pounds of children lol. It was quite the workout!! (My sister's two & my DS). But last week, probably just that I listened to my body and got the workouts in before I felt like a blob. 

Ice cream & this summer I was loving kale in everything. Is that a summer thing or just me lol. 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options

What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going? Trying to continue with my macro tracking as best I can before I’m too sick to eat. It’s ok but I’m still not eating enough. Figure some is better than just forgetting it all together.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I’m so tired. I have to choose whether to exercise or nap some days because with 3 kids running around, doing both isn’t an option. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I worked out 6 days!

GTKY: What is your favorite summer food/meal? Garden tomatoes with basil and mozzarella drizzled in a balsamic glaze. Yum.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I’m with @bblair24 - if I can just get myself to move then I end up feeling better, it’s so just dang hard with nausea. My goal for all of first tri is just to not totally abandon all physical activity lol. With every previous pregnancy I’ve gone down to basically nothing during the first trimester and I always end up kicking myself because then it makes getting back into working out so much harder. So my goal is to get my butt into gear and at least do 10 mins of pilates every day, as well as a walk (with the kiddos so this is usually something we HAVE to do 😆)

Today so so sick. Aaaaand the weather is still blazing hot here so we basically need to do all outdoorsy stuff in the mornings. 

Got my pilates in every day 🙌🏻

I LOVE summer fruit - berries and peaches mmmmmm!

@kelseyyh that’s a huge win for sure!! Ive been pushing my 3 still and that’s like 80lbs of kids too 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Need to give myself credit for that!!
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot Triple strollers are no joke 😂. So long and awkward lol. Good for you!!

• Options
    What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going? Tracking my food, working out 4-5 days a week. Going ok. Lately I have been craving a lot of foods I wouldn't normally eat; crispy chicken, chinese food, tomato soup and grilled cheese, and I indulged in crispy chicken for 3 straight days over the weekend. Back on track now though, for the most part. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? The loss of appetite/queasiness and the fatigue. I just don't really want to do anything.

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I got all my essential nutrients in everyday

GTKY: What is your favorite summer food/meal? I love grilled things, but lately it has just been fruit
  • Options
    What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going? Alright... we went to my mom's house for the weekend and i snacked a lot and ate things i wouldn't normally. But it was only 3 days, so not a big deal. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? food aversions are horrible. All i want is carbs, cheese and chocolate. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I went hiking with my brother and SIL. I thought it would be a few miles... it ended up being 7 miles with A LOT of hills... but i did it! 

GTKY: What is your favorite summer food/meal? Watermelon and crisp white wine (obv when i'm not pregnant)

@bbrahmbhatt OMG grilled cheese sounds so good. 

@pelorunningmama working out 6 days is a great win!!! 
  • Options
    What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going? My goal is to eat small amounts more often, and try to make fewer of those snacks carbs. I wish walking could be a goal but between the heat wave and then smoke here I haven't been able to go outside in weeks. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? If I don't eat a full meal and I eat every hour or two I'm less nauseous. But it's seriously the hardest adjustment for me. I'm used to eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner with minimal snacks between. It's so hard to eat so often and such small quantities. I miss full meals. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I cooked dinner multiple times, even when I didn't feel like eating (and I HATE to cook)

GTKY: What is your favorite summer food/meal? All of the fresh fruit
  • Options
    What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going? Trying to stay active. It can be such a challenge to find the time and energy when the couch is calling my name. I did the Peloton Sunday and again today and added on 10 min strength and 5 min abs.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I am freaking determined to stay active and not lose the momentum I made over the past year. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? We are working on sticking more to eating at home. Have had lots of salads and finding meals vs just getting take out. 

GTKY: What is your favorite summer food/meal? We have been loving smoothies here the past few months. I am able to sneak in spinach and other good stuff and everybody loves them. 
  • Options
    Making healthy food choices as much as possible. Choosing trailmix instead of chips. Trying to run at least 3 times. Ehhhhh.. it's going okay. 

I have been feeling really awful so I will do good for like 18 hours straight and then cave to some awful food choice and mess it all up. Also been really busy with work so having a hard time fitting a run into my day. Tomorrow is a new day.

Hm, I can't even think of anything. Last week was a blur and apparently I didn't do anything particularly healthy haha

corn, pasta salad, typical picnic fare. I LOVE pasta and potato salad. But also ice cream because..summer. 
  • Options
    For anyone interested in trying out Robin Long’s pilates classes, she’s doing a free mini series in a few weeks! Love her challenges! 

• Options
    @goldpolkadot I’m in! Love Robin Long.

• Options
    @goldpolkadot thanks for sharing! I signed up. I love Pilates and had been doing it regularly and stopped abruptly. I wasn’t sure what I was able to do while pregnant! 
  • Options
    Another pilates lover here! For those of you who enjoy pilates, I was doing this video a few weeks ago before I was completely exhausted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SKCq-hfB00  - I found it helpful since she was also pregnant and explained some things that shouldn't be done or should be modified during pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @theblondebump i love body fit by Amy, especially her prenatal stuff!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kelseyyh @bblair24 yay!!! It’ll be fun to have buddies for the challenge!!

@theblondebump I will for sure check that out! And yes totally helpful to know the things that are okay during pregnancy (or not 😂)