Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS: Week of 8.31

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: See spoiler 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: TFAS: Week of 8.31

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 3/3

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 16 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I feel really good about it, despite a BFN this morning (9dpo).

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? I start back to school tomorrow, meeting My kiddos and parents. I’m excited for the year but I’m sure going to miss my time at home with DD.

GTKY: candy corn. 🤮 nastiness.

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 sorry for the BFN. 9 dpo is early FX for you!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 10/10

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 27 months tomorrow (I actually had to do the math because I don't keep tract of the months anymore, he's 2)

Any thoughts about this cycle? It's all up in the air

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave? I am so ready for fall. We are getting a little taste of it this week and I started burning my fall candles. I figure tomorrow is September so I'm going to start putting out my fall decor. 

GTKY: I like candy corn but of all of those things it would have to go. 

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • @chindimples04 sorry for the BFN. Fingers crossed for the next time you test!

@krash_ yessssss, fall all the way!!!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 5 years old

Any thoughts about this cycle? Hopeful. I am trying OPKs as a tool this cycle, so I'm hoping maybe that is the key!

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? Following up at the doctor's today on my weird bleeding last cycle. Hoping everything is ok and we can get to it.  I am feeling a little jealous of the obiviously pregnant ladies in the waiting room. I remember that and I am crazy enough to want it again!

GTKY: candy corn can go. I'll eat it, but I would rather have any of the others!
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 3/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 6 and 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? Well, we hit -1 and O but it never happens quickly for us so...

Any questions?nope:)

Rant/Rave? I got cold feet last month so we didn't try...and now I'm regretting it. The summer months tend to be the months I get pregnant so now I'm a little mad at myself.

GTKY: See spoiler

• daisy528daisy528 member
    edited September 2020

What number are you trying for? 3

Month/Cycle? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 5.5 and almost 4

Any thoughts about this cycle? I am being super casual with charting this cycle to get back into it. I think maybe based off CM, we might have hit O and +1, or around there. We will see what happens!

Any questions? Nope!

Rant/Rave? When MH and I thought about trying two years ago, I stocked up on prenatals. Well, we never used them obviously. I found them in my medicine cabinet the other day, and although they are 3 months expired I figured I would use them! No sense wasting money!

GTKY: Candy corn is disgusting. :s 

• @chindimples04 sorry for your BFN! FX for next time you test!
    @krash_ I totally agree. I am so ready for fall! I feel like fall is the one season that there is nothing that I dislike about it!
    @DoubleUp8 I hope you were able to get answers at your doctors appt!
    @Panaceia I hate when you end up regretting something you didn't do. I feel like that happens to me all the time. September is a new month though!
  • @chindimples04 sorry for your BFN. Hope back to school went well! 

@krash_  a little jealous for your taste of fall! We’re in the mid 70s-mid 80s (which is summer for here) for at least the next week. I always feel weird putting out fall stuff when it’s still that warm/sunny. 

@DoubleUp8 Hope your followup went well and that OPKs so the trick for you! 

@Panaceia Sorry you’re regretting last month. Hopefully September still counts as summer for you! 

@daisy528 lucky you with your prenatal stash! Since Covid hit it’s I’ve been playing the “Will my brand be in stock?” game. 

Month/Cycle? 2/2AL 

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 2! 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Got cleared for another FET this cycle, so cautiously optimistic

Any questions? Transitioning to a toddler bed. Any tips? He’s not climbing out of the crib, but he’s at 36” tall and has been asking for a “little bed” (blanket) on the floor at bedtime the last few nights. 

Rant/Rave? DS is fully potty trained! Woohoo! Rant is I go back to school/work kind of last week, kind of next week. Trainings were last week, start date is next week, but there are so many unpaid but semi-required meetings this week. I just want to enjoy my last week of break! 

GTKY: So unless it’s a baked good with actual pumpkin and spices, I’d have to say pumpkin spice. The real stuff is great but the fake flavor - yuck! 

• daisy528daisy528 member
    edited September 2020
    @halfanewt I order from fsastore.com, and their selection seems to be pretty decent right now! Plus you can use you FSA card (if you have one) and not need a receipt :) 

ETA: honestly, keep him in the crib as long as you can. I was so bummed when I transitioned mine. It made things so much harder, and they were constantly getting up. 
  • @daisy528 I had some expired prenatals I was taking when we were first TTC too. They were left over from my first pregnancy. I think it's totally fine while TTC they might not be as effective but I wouldn't worry until you are actually KU. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Month/Cycle? 0 (starting in 2.5 months)

WTO/TWW? No idea

Ages of other child(ren)? 2.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Trying to guess my length of cycles.

Any questions? I am still Waiting to TTC but was hoping to be able to lurk in this thread as we will be trying for a sibling.

I am curious for those who came off BC to TTC. Did your cycles or ovulation days change? I know you are normal until you are not, but curious. I am thinking about not temping this time around at first (it became way too stressful/fixated last time), but I had clockwork short cycles. I always O'd on CD11 or CD13 and had a 14 day lueteal phase. No idea this time around as I am only 1 cycle out since I had my mirena removed. Guess we will see!

Rant/Rave? I ate too many pumpkin spice donuts and feel bloated. Poor life choice lol.

• @halfanewt We just switched my 2.5 year old to a toddler bed this past week. I actually was bragging to a friend how we were going to keep her there until she turned three. Then two days later she climbed out lol. She has been in her toddler bed since last Friday and is now doing really well. Her 'ok to wake' clock helps keep her in it until 7:15am and while the first two nights were rough (took an hour each time to get her to stay and then fall asleep), she now gets in bed, stays in bed and is down within 15 minutes.
  • I'm so late to this party and debated not posting BUT I'm going to-

@chindimples04 Hopefully back to school went well! So sorry about the BFN.
    @krash_ I'm sorry your cycle is up in the air. I haven't been around all week so I'm not quite sure what's going on but I'm sending lots of love.
    @DoubleUp8 How did your doc visit go? Any explanation for the weird bleeding?
    @Panaceia I'm sorry you have some regrets from last cycle. Hopefully your stay here is short.
    @daisy528 Yay for the prenatal stash. I definitely agree with using them up as long as they're not harmful.
    @halfanewt Yay for potty training success!! Woohoo!
    @bmo88 I joined back in November and lurked around/participated in this thread until we started trying in December so I totally get it. Welcome! I came off my IUD in Dec. and my cycles regulated pretty quickly BUT they were longer than my cycles were before (used to have 26 day cycles now have 30-32 day cycles).

What number are you trying for? 3
    Month/Cycle? 8/6
    WTO/TWW? WTO
    Ages of other child(ren)? 6, 2
    Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm really glad I didn't O while I was at my dad's during residency. Hoping to O soon!
    Any questions? Nope
    Rant/Rave? This week was really heavy so I'm just going to ease back into things, but I mostly just wanted to check in. I'm still here!
    GTKY: Bye bye candy corn!

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashaislurking that's interesting! I used to have 26 day cycles too. I am wondering if mine will change. Its now going on 28 days since the start of this cycle and waiting for AF to arrive. We have abstained, so that's not a concern. But curious to see what my cycles are like now!

• @Panaceia sorry you are regretting taking a pause last cycle. I hope things work out for you.

@daisy528 I think the expired ones with be fine while TTC, but I agree with @krash_ that I would get fresh if you get KU.

@bmo88 the first 6 months coming off the BCP I had fairly regular cycles, after that they began to fluctuate more by plus or minus 3 days. But I know the different forms of BC affect people differently when they stop them.

@ashaislurking no explanation. The sonograms looked clear (nothing out of the ordinary detected.) The first blood test, one of my thyroid levels was borderline, but when they retested it was back with a normal range. So the diagnosis is it was just my body being weird. Hoping that everything goes smoothly with this cycle and OPKs and BBT can help me pinpoint O.

My OPKs have been super faint, so I'm hoping this means I won't O until after the weekend when I get back home to DH. 🤞

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @bmo88 hopefully once you start tracking you'll regulate to a new normal, even if it's not what you were used to.
    @DoubleUp8 sorry it was just your body being weird. Hopefully it was a fluke cycle. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes