Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it?

Re: Weekly Check-in /// Week of 8/31

• edited August 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 5; 21+6
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Bok Choy
    How are you feeling?:  Ok, so the digestion issues have arisen. Mostly minor and short lasting enough that I don't need to take anything. But have had a night of heartburn that needed tums and last night had some gas pains enough that turned into back pains -- right at bedtime. I know it's only going to increase. But been enjoying a relatively symptom-free 2nd tri thus far, so it is what it is. 
    Rants/Raves:  Been feeling baby so much these days! Enough one time on the weekend that I'm sure DH could have felt if I found him in time. Also rave: I've nearly completed my registry. I honestly didn't think I'd be so into this and originally thought I'd push it off until 3rd tri, but nesting has seriously kicked in and I've been researching baby products like crazy, so needed a place to list the winners. Also, wanted to note I've been lurking on the product recommendation posts, so thank you to those recommending products! It's definitely been helping. I did my registry on Babylist because it seems like people can purchase from anywhere (or secondhand, which we'd love even more) and then just mark it off. Don't plan on sharing this until Oct, but good just to have somewhere to store all the research I've been doing. 
    GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it?
    Hmm, I'm going to go with the city we're moving to in Oct, which we lived in before. I love the nature, and that we have tons of friends and family there. That's the reason we're moving back. But I'll definitely miss the culture and arts of NYC. IMO, there's nowhere in the world that can quite match it. We'll be traveling back annually to get our culture fill. That's the compromise. 
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited August 2020
    @lavenderclouds so relieved to hear you're also working on the registry still and haven't shared publicly yet! I woke up in a panic the other night that we are behind. I started a couple months ago, also with Babylist (I love the guides to various products they have) but got overwhelmed about stroller options and refused to look for a few weeks. We're getting into the groove now though, I'm starting to enjoy all the research and will probably be ready to share it with friends soon. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    1/8, 21 + 3
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby bok choy, inner ear is developing
    Upcoming appointments: tomorrow
    How are you feeling? Pretty good, I definitely had a lot of bloating/indigestion/constipation this past week but pretty sure it's b/c I didn't take a single walk all week long which is very unusual. I did other exercise but walking works so well for me and just makes me feel good and like I'm doing something good for the baby/pregnancy. Will definitely fix this week. 
    Rants/Raves: My friend sent me a Snoogle after I told him about my sleep issues! I'm finding it pretty comfy so far though I know I read some mixed reviews here. I also have another friend looking over my registry so feeling pretty supported even though my really close friends are far away in NY where we used to live. I'm getting into checking-things-off-the-list mode which feels good, I just ordered some baby books and called the pediatrician to set up a time to go meet in the next few weeks. 
    Questions: hmm not at the moment. 
    GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it? I love that it's a small city after being in NYC for 15 years, it was what I needed in my 30s. We live close to beaches but also super close to woodsy areas if we want to take a nature walk, and there's a great food scene which is definitely struggling right now but hopefully will make close to a full return! I would probably add more cultural stuff to do especially for SO's benefit...his background is in theater and he can't stand the theater scene here. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18W5D, Jan 28
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out - had my anatomy scan today and baby was not cooperating :(  Maybe next time.
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A slingshot
    Upcoming appointments:  Anatomy US was this morning.  OB tomorrow.
    How are you feeling?:  Starting to notice heart burn here and there.  Also noticing stiffness when I stay in the same position for too long.  Other than that, pretty good.  I can not believe September is tomorrow.
    GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it?  Until 4 years ago I lived in a big city.  Then we moved about an hour away in a small town outside a tiny city.  I like that I am still close enough to be able to do everything I normally would, but also that in my 10 minute drive to most places I pass corn fields.

@lavenderclouds @whitealbum29 I'm with you on the secret registry!  I still haven't told work I'm pregnant, and because of that haven't told many people at all to make sure it doesn't get on social media.  I think I've made choices on more of the big stuff.  We will probably end up buying most things ourselves anyway, just using it to track decisions so I don't loose things.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    1/4 22 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+
    STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Blue

baby is adding fat and developing his lungs 

Upcoming appointments:
    not for a few weeks

How are you feeling?:
    fine except for SPD. I do have some congestion and lost all sense of smell and most taste, I otherwise fee totally fine but waiting to get a covid test back just in case. 

Rants/Raves:
    We started clearing out our guest room/office to become a kids room this weekend. After years of it being the catch all room I’m dreading this entire process. I gave up after an hour and just ordered my poor H around. 

Questions:
    none

We still get all four seasons, but fall and summer are the longest. In our specific area I love the schools, low taxes (even though other COL is high) and a lot to do for families. I miss the food and culture of NY but it’s getting better here. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
     20w2d 1/16

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue 

as long as a popsicle!

Upcoming appointments: 9/8

How are you feeling?: pretty good! I think I had my first BH Friday and scared me but all good now 😅

Rants/Raves: rant- my husband decided to up and sell his car today (soft top wrangler) it’s too hot to drive in the summer he takes my car most days 🙃 so it’ll leave us without 2 cars for a few weeks which I’m not happy about..we have no family here so it sounds like I’m going to have to Uber to my next appointment 😩 worst part is I have a nice car!

Questions: none atm

Eh it’s too hot here I live in the southern most point of AZ so June-sept are pretty gnarly- rest of the year is beautiful. But it’s really quiet and small so we don’t have riots etc.

We’ve lived in both southern and northern Cali, Colorado and Boise and I’d say nor cal was my fave ❤️ 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 28/ 18 weeks 4 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: sweet potato
    Upcoming appointments: Anatomy Scan on September 10th
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall
    Rants/Raves: work has been crazy the past few weeks. Hopefully it calms down soon
    Questions:
    GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it? I enjoy living in a small town with no traffic. Big cities stress me out. I do wish we had more stores in town so I didn't have to drive so far to go shopping sometimes. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a coconut
    Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan tomorrow!
    How are you feeling?: Meh, been habingore nausea which I thought would be done by now. Plus it hits very randomly, so it's an unpleasant surprise! 
    Rants/Raves: I hate doing laundry. And it never goes away. If I could outsource one chore that would be it!
    Questions:
    GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it? We just moved to a midsized Midwestern city a few months ago after 4 years in Dallas. It has all the amenities of a decent city and the traffic is almost non-existent. Only thing I really miss is the food- DFW had everything under the sun 5 min away and it was fantastic. Here you definitely have to search a little more.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10; 21w1d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Endive

Upcoming appointments: 9/23 for my 24-week appointment, and then the next day I have a fetal echo. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good; still getting full easily but then also hungry easily. I think that'll be how it is the rest of the pregnancy, so I better get used to it!

Rants/Raves: We plan on moving our furniture from our offices upstairs to an office downstairs to make room for the new baby, so I've been purging things from my office and it feels soooo good.

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it? I love the diversity and how everything we need is within reach, shopping-/food-wise. We are also close to the train and bus stations for whenever we want to go to NYC again (I commuted to the city for more than 9 years before the pandemic hit). I could do without the traffic, though.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20/ 2021, 19w6d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A mango

Upcoming appointments: Midwife- Sept 3

How are you feeling?: Feeling really well

Rants/Raves: My 19 month old starts daycare tomorrow for the first time. Mama’s feelin’ all the feels. 

Questions: Not right now 

GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it? Love that we live in a super small and quiet town but have easy access to larger towns for amenities and to a border city to enjoy stateside shopping and sporting events (pre-Covid). I really love experiencing all the seasons here but come this time of year I start to wish our area didn’t get so hot and humid! 
  • Update. My covid test was positive. Still no other symptoms. I have a message in to my OB to see if I need to do anything else, otherwise I assume like most viruses it’s just wait it out. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • HappyFeet34 Let us know how it goes. Try not to stress out; the studies are saying it's just fine. Great that you aren't having symptoms, so I hope it goes without concern. 
  • @HappyFeet34 bummer ☹️ hopefully you can just get some extra rest and I hope it's only a mild case. At my first appointment my doctor told me that the covid concern for pregnancy was just that being sick and pregnant at the same time is not fun. Hopefully you doctor can give you a good plan
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19+1

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A mango

Upcoming appointments: AS 9/9 (can not wait!)

How are you feeling?: Doing good. Life went back to “normal” this week with DH starting school again, and DS back in school. 

Rants/Raves: I cannot get enough pineapple right now. I eat it everyday, multiple times a day, and that sh*t is expensive 😖

Questions: How much movement is everyone feeling? I don’t remember when I really started to feel DS1’s movements, but because I am showing much earlier this time around I feel like I should be feeling lots of movement but just get an occasional feeling every few days. 

GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it? I live in a small town and the houses are more spread out. I love having space in between my house and the neighbors. But *hops on soapbox* small towns tend to be very conservative (socially and fiscally) so it always bums me out when people continuously vote down rehabbing our town’s library because of the cost (library is in disarray, not some vanity project here), or complain that the town’s education budget is too big. 
  • @HappyFeet34 thinking of you! I hope any symptoms you get are minor and it runs it’s course quickly. My husband got tested today because another of our son’s daycare teachers ended up positive. I’ll get tested if my husband ends up positive. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/20/21 20 weeks!
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a banana
    Upcoming appointments: we had our anatomy scan on 9/1, next appt 9/29 
    How are you feeling?: good, Pepcid is keeping the heartburn mostly under control lately
    Rants/Raves: our anatomy scan went great and baby girl is looking perfect! I’m so relieved. PGAL brain just makes me extra nervous about everything. 
    Questions:
    GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it? I love the size of our town and the proximity to both a larger city and the country. I wish we had a larger downtown area with more seasonal events going on though. 
  • @hp242 Sorry baby wouldn't cooperate! I guess he/she is just modest. :) Hopefully next time!
    @briemo Sorry about the BH! Hopefully they don't happen too much.
    @kat11223344 I've also found that I have random nausea/sensitivity to smell/almost vomiting episodes in the 2nd trimester. I didn't really have it in the 1st so it's weird! Pregnancy is so random.
    @oaktree6 I hope the first day of daycare went smoothly!
    @HappyFeet34 Ugh so sorry about the positive test, I hope it's just super mild and clears up quickly and that your doctor gives you some good info and peace of mind about it!
    @krisspy22 I've been trying not to count the movements too much b/c I think it will freak me out if I feel less one day, but I would say I feel it at least twice every day? But my doctor yesterday suggested it can vary a lot at this point and I think she said it's not till 24 weeks that they want you to ideally feel it every day. I so agree with your soapbox, I'm definitely a "you get what you pay for" kind of person when it comes to people complaining about contributing to things like schools, libraries, other public services!
    @aels12 yay for a great anatomy scan!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19w0d
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Mango
    Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan was yesterday (9/2). Checkup next week (9/8)
    How are you feeling?: Still pretty good! The prenatal chiro has been really helpful w/ some of the pubic and hip pain I was having. Workouts are still feeling really good even though I've slowed down a lot.
    Rants/Raves:
    Questions: At our anatomy scan they noticed only 1 blood vessel in the umbilical cord instead of 2. We have a f/u with the pediatric cardiologist and it sounds like we will get more u/s down the road to make sure restricted growth never becomes an issue. At the scan, baby was right on track and the heart development looked good, so they weren't super concerned. Has anyone ever had anything similar?
    GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it? I love that it's a mid-size city so we have a cute little downtown area but we're also in the mountains so we have a ton of outdoor options (rivers, greenways, lakes, camping, hiking trails, blue ridge parkway, etc.) without traffic. People travel to our area for what we offer in the outdoor arena.

I think the things I would change would not make us a mid-size city anymore haha but I would like more in the food scene arena and more shopping. Even a TJs would be great :) 
  • @HappyFeet34 I hope you continue to be (mostly) symptom free!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 19 weeks! (1/28/21)
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Mango
    Upcoming appointments: OB Appt 9/9 and anatomy scan on 9/14
    How are you feeling?: really good. Hungry.
    TW: a good friend of mine lost her baby at 19 weeks in January due to HELLP so I've been thinking about her a lot this week. I got a BP cuff for home last week even though I've never had any BP issues but I think I'm overly cautious now after her experience. 

Rants/Raves: my husband installed a ceiling fan in the guest room that will be baby's nursery! Its the only thing I've bought 'for' baby so far.

Questions: none today

GTKY: What's your favorite thing about where you live and what's something you would change about it? I live in a big midwestern city that still has a small town feel. Most people are overly friendly. We live in a suburban neighborhood and although you can walk miles around the neighborhoods, there is nothing you can walk 'to' like a coffee shop or restaurant. Everything that is close is separated by a major road that isn't walkable. 
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker