1st Trimester

Dark brown discharge/bleeding 6/7w?

I am 6/7w pregnant and have experienced light flor of dark brown discharge that’s thick. It was previously decreasing in “flow” and saturation of color on Monday and Tuesday (started Sunday). I have some lower back pain but I’m not sure if it is associated with this since it started Saturday morning and could be because of lifting a toddler all day. 

I’ve never had this happen in my previous pregnancies so I am concerned. No other cramping or pain though. What could this be? 

Re: Dark brown discharge/bleeding 6/7w?

• It could be completely normal, or it could be the start of a MC.  CALL YOUR DOCTOR!  If you have concerns, you should always call your doctor. 
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • nishalom said:
    I am 6/7w pregnant and have experienced light flor of dark brown discharge that’s thick. It was previously decreasing in “flow” and saturation of color on Monday and Tuesday (started Sunday). I have some lower back pain but I’m not sure if it is associated with this since it started Saturday morning and could be because of lifting a toddler all day. 

I’ve never had this happen in my previous pregnancies so I am concerned. No other cramping or pain though. What could this be? 
    Dark blood is old blood.  If you are not actively bleeding, personally I wouldn't worry.  Honestly, though if there are medical questions, please seek the guidance of your Dr. Office.